How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Going on day 59,...... Was told 2 weeks ago by LO in Rowley, check was cashed, and was approved for Class A No Restrictions, paperwork was in Boston , "Should have it next week" by LO, want to call Boston. But I guess it is better to wait, Not.

Sorry just venting. Tick Tick Tick....

What is it exactly that you're waiting for? I've heard plenty of horror stories, but yours is way beyond anything I've ever heard before.

I applied november 9th 2011, and still have not received anything. All i get is that my application is in the process and that the state mental health is backed up.

Andre

Licensing authority probably lost it and don't want to tell you

Ok but when i call after a year or after 6 months wouldnt you say sorry we lost your application come in and fill out a new one?

Also, im not the only one in my city waiting, and i doubt they lost all of them...

Andre

I applied november 9th 2011, and still have not received anything. All i get is that my application is in the process and that the state mental health is backed up.

Andre

Do you think it's odd that people in Malden are getting them in 6 weeks?

Ok but when i call after a year or after 6 months wouldnt you say sorry we lost your application come in and fill out a new one?

Also, im not the only one in my city waiting, and i doubt they lost all of them...

Andre

Hey Andre, what city are you in?

I've contacted the office of Senator Harriette Chandler because Worcester is her district. Find out which senator is responsible for your district and contact them.

Do you think it's odd that people in Malden are getting them in 6 weeks?

I think its great that people are getting it in 6 weeks, i find it odd that every avenue i have tried for helped has bailed on me, almost as if the city of everett has some sort of power that i dont know about.

Andre

Hey Andre, what city are you in?

I've contacted the office of Senator Harriette Chandler because Worcester is her district. Find out which senator is responsible for your district and contact them.

I spoke with:

Senator sal didomenic
Rep steven smith (never answered my letter, email or call)
Mayor carlos demaria's office (spoke with the office, because they would not let me meet with him)
Alderman millie cardello
Common councilman sergio cornellio

All of these people start off like we will get to the bottom of this and a month later do not pick of their phone. And one even went as far to say that she has to work with the PD and keep friendly lines of communication with them. So she said she cant ruffle to many feathers.

Andre

Sounds like you pissed someone off, Andre. Did you by chance sleep with the Mayor's daughter or something?[laugh]

All I can think of is that scene in Animal House where he brought the Dean's daughter home in a shopping cart.

Sounds like you pissed someone off, Andre. Did you by chance sleep with the Mayor's daughter or something?[laugh]

All I can think of is that scene in Animal House where he brought the Dean's daughter home in a shopping cart.

I would agree with you, but i know 5 other guys who are waiting as well, and all of them have not contacted anyone.

I thought i pissed someone off as well at the 5 month mark, but after seeing im not the only one waiting, i dont think its that.

Andre

I would agree with you, but i know 5 other guys who are waiting as well, and all of them have not contacted anyone.

I thought i pissed someone off as well at the 5 month mark, but after seeing im not the only one waiting, i dont think its that.

Andre

What did GOAL and Comm2A tell you? Have you tried reaching out to the AG's office? What did they have to say?

How does the PD explain the fact the people in the next town over aren't having these issues?

Applied on 9/13, LO returned my voicemail this morning, and said he approved it on 10/12 and waiting for the license to come in. I was so deep asleep so didn't ask him about restrictions nor what that meant - whether it went to state and there could be 5 more weeks or it's all set and just waiting for the card...

Permanent resident living in Somerville. First-time applicant.

Called the licensing department end of August. They only do applications & interviews on Mondays, however they offered me a spot right on the first Monday that was not a public holiday. I already had something on that date, so they gave me an appointment a week later.
Interview on 9/17, submitted a letter to the chief which they don't require but happily accepted.
They called me on 10/17 to tell me that my license was waiting for me to pick up.
I went in today. LTC-A with Hunting / Targeting / Sporting restriction as to be expected in Somerville with their policy for first-time applicants.

Of course I am not thrilled by the restriction, but I knew what it would be before I applied. Aside from that I have to say that they were were friendly, professional and accommodating. The interview was conducted by the licensing clerk. I had not realized that they require a proof of residency beyond a drivers license, but they allowed me to email that in without coming back to the station. Also when I picked it up, the clerk had stepped out. They went through the trouble of searching for it instead of making me wait. And 1 month from application to being ready for pick-up is not bad either. So given the framework, I count this as a very positive experience - especially compared to what others are reporting here.

Side note: I did get a non-resident Utah license before MA, and thus listed that in my application, but it was only two weeks old so I am not surprised they still considered me a first time applicant.

Cheers.

What did GOAL and Comm2A tell you? Have you tried reaching out to the AG's office? What did they have to say?

How does the PD explain the fact the people in the next town over aren't having these issues?

Exchanged a few emails with goal, and my last one with them was after James Wallace sent a letter to the AG about citys processing times asking why they failed to include everett in the letter, when they had been made aware by me that my wait time was excessive.

Comm2a has given me advice which i have tried but has not worked.

And i have not tried the AGs office, dont really think they will help me because they probably like that everett pd isnt giving people ltc's.

And my pd has told me flat out that they dont care about what towns over do.

Andre

Did you ask them if they care about enforcing the law? I doubt the AG's office would do much either, but they have to respond to your report. It would be interesting to see the response if nothing else.

Exchanged a few emails with goal, and my last one with them was after James Wallace sent a letter to the AG about citys processing times asking why they failed to include everett in the letter, when they had been made aware by me that my wait time was excessive.

Comm2a has given me advice which i have tried but has not worked.

And i have not tried the AGs office, dont really think they will help me because they probably like that everett pd isnt giving people ltc's.

Andre

I have already contacted AGO and they Said...

A review of your correspondence indicates the Office of the Attorney General is not the proper forum for your inquiry. To pursue this matter further, you may consider contacting the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPS) at the following address and telephone number:
Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPS)
One Ashburton Place, Room 2133
Boston, MA 02108
Tel: 617-727-7775
TTY: 617-727-6618
Fax: 617-727-4764
www.mass.gov/eops/
E-mail: [email protected]

Oh i know, in the time ive waited, i have had my brother in law, and 4 coworkers get theirs.

Andre

That blows...I haven't seen you mention it anywhere else, so I'll ask...

Have you contacted an Attorney? Jesse Cohen who frequents this forum ha helped others out

Originally Posted by perry1386<br />
<br />
Have you contacted an Attorney? Jesse Cohen who frequents this forum ha helped others out
<br />
<br />
He doesn't seem to like me being a squeaky wheel... :(
I am a squeaky wheel, and i have contacted jesse, im all over this post with everything ive done.

I cant justify spending $1000 to $5000 when im looking to purchase a home.

Andre

I have already contacted AGO and they Said...

A review of your correspondence indicates the Office of the Attorney General is not the proper forum for your inquiry. To pursue this matter further, you may consider contacting the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPS) at the following address and telephone number:
Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPS)
One Ashburton Place, Room 2133
Boston, MA 02108
Tel: 617-727-7775
TTY: 617-727-6618
Fax: 617-727-4764
www.mass.gov/eops/
E-mail: [email protected]

Did you send a follow-up letter asking which civil rights her office does handle?

north shore city: application in february, license in hand in september. 7 months. class "A" no restrictions

I understand if you don't want to say where you live, but not posting the town/city in this thread doesn't help anyone else that is still waiting

Back
Top Bottom