How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

What they have on the FRPD website is that they give it out for target and hunting. You have to demonstrate a need for an unrestricted or ALP. For me, I wrote that I wanted it to protect myself and my family in and away from my home. It probably helped that I am a member of the FRFD and have been for 19+ years and that I have 15 years of military experience. Also I have had an FID card since 1983. I should have applied for my LTC a long time ago.

Hampden, MA requires a letter to the Chief if you apply for an Unrestricted Class A. I submitted my letter April 9, got called back exactly 4 weeks later for prints and photo, picked up permit June 13. Issue date is 6/9/09, 61 days from the day I submitted the initial paper work. Restrictions: None.

Professionally staffed force!

Last edited:
My brother just got his Class A restricted to "sporting" here in Natick.
Took about 5 weeks. He applied for the unrestricted license, I assume the applications are coming in large volumes and our chief is just restricting to sporting. I got the unrestricted version, but I applied about 2 years ago before the Obamanation.

My brother just got his Class A restricted to "sporting" here in Natick.
Took about 5 weeks. He applied for the unrestricted license, I assume the applications are coming in large volumes and our chief is just restricting to sporting. I got the unrestricted version, but I applied about 2 years ago before the Obamanation.

what sucks is, people just recently ahve gotten unrestricted from Natick. I really want to know what the deal is over there!

Same day service in Plymouth, for some. Of course my old man works for them and that might have helped, or my background. [wink] I had to wait a week to get the permit in my hand, but other then that I walked in with my application and my money (along with my DD214) and the rest easy as pie, for me.

Dad finally got his from Waltham. He applied March 17, and was told it would take 3 weeks. I applied Jan 5 and picked mine up on Jan 23 - a bit shy of 3 weeks (and it was dated Jan 6).
On May 8, dad stopped in again and the LO entered everything in his computer and said "It'll be ready on Wednesday." That would have made it May 13 - almost 2 months.
Dad stopped in Monday, May 18 and still had to wait 5 minutes "I just pulled this off the Lts desk". His LTC was dated May 11.
I would like to this this was just a mistake and the LO really did forget - but my dad stopped in probably 3 or 4 times over these 2 months, and told the different officers who checked that it had been this long. It's snaps my carrot that this happened. Obviously, there was a mistake, because once the LO typed the info in the computer on May 8th, the LTC was issued the next business day (just like mine was in Jan). How can you forget to enter someones info? Especially when he gave my dad the computerized application, just like I got mine? I'm guessing he forgot to submit it, but it still pissed me off.
Never any apology or explanation...just "It'll be here on Wednesay". After TWO MONTHS of waiting because of human error.

I applied in Waltham and got the computerized application. Does they mean they still have to send in the hand written application?

Acushnet here. Fingerprinted May 29th, got the phone call for pickup July 1st. Seems like 23 working days might be a magic number. Read three other posts with the same wait.

Dropped off my paperwork in Billerica this afternoon. Will keep you posted on time frame.

I dropped my paperwork off in billerica on 5/18/09 and still haven't been in for prints/photos/interview. tried calling and stopping by no avail. then sent email 2 weeks ago and finally got an email response to "be patient" and no other details.

criminal history board? what will they do? i am just worried that if i press them they'll find me "unsuitable". a friend of mine is an attourney and said he would call on my behalf to inquire about the delay. I just don't want to push the wrong buttons. I realise that it's been 50 days and then i have to wait even longer for them to submit it to the state.

If I wer you I would get back in there asap.

Call up and tell them that you called the "insert politician here" office and they recommended you try the police station again before they follow up with it.

If thats to much, then call them and say mass law only allows a 40 day maximum processing time and this is way overdue.

You can always call the CHSB as well.

I call the CHSB and they said they could not give me a status report.

The CHSB will tell you if its been processed or not. Its a crap shoot on who you get though.

If I were you I would just walk into the PD and ask whats going on. Its been 50 days and you need answers.

Remember, they arent going to deny you for being persistant. Maybe they would delay it some, but thts already going on.

I call every couple of days. No biggie

the key thing to tell the CHSB is that when you called your PD, they kept giving you the run around and you just want to know if the application has been processed. That is what I had to do.

Just got my LTC-A (T&H) from Waltham. From the date I submitted my forms and references and got my finger prints done was exactly 5 weeks. The licensing officer in Waltham is a complete Ass. I had to hound him for the license.

5 weeks is actually a pretty good turn around time from what I have heard/read.

True but that is not including the 5 weeks it took me to get an appointment. The Licensing Moron said it would take 4 weeks before he had time on his schedule. Then he called to re-schedule. Then When I showed up for my appointment he wasnt there and I had to wait 45 minutes for him to show and he said "I didn't have it on my calendar".

Then once I got the prints done I waited another 5 weeks to get the license and that is only because I surprised him at lunch after I had left 2 messages over the previous 2 weeks. He still made me wait 30 minutes before he handed me the license. The date on my license was 33 days prior. He just didn't want to get it to me. Total Ass.

Awful Service at Waltham PD. I can't wait to move out of here.

I forgot to add that I had to write a personal letter to the Chief stating why I thought it necessary to get a firearms license and I had to get 3 letters of recommendation from people who are unrelated to me.

I forgot to add that I had to write a personal letter to the Chief stating why I thought it necessary to get a firearms license and I had to get 3 letters of recommendation from people who are unrelated to me.

Did they call the other 3 people? I asked for none resticted LTC class A and the person who processed it didn't even read the assurance part and said hey you can get target and hunting. I didn't want to complaint becuase I didn't want to have them to say no and take their sweet a$$ time. I'll write a letter or call the cheif to see if I can get a unresticted one later.

Back
Top Bottom