• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

The little lady had her photo & prints done in Medford about 4 weeks ago. The interview was about 2 minutes went like this, "Hi, I'm detective_______, let's see here, you got your paperwork in order how did you do in the firearms class........, o.k. right this way for prints and photo". "This will take about 4 to 6 weeks, we'll give you a call". That was it.

So dad stopped in again today. Finally the licensing officer was there. After the LO tore apart his desk looking for dads LTC, he said "You know it takes 3 or 4 weeks." Dad said "It's been almost 2 months". [shocked]

LO went to his desk and looked through some files. Found one, pulled it out, sat at his desk for 5 minutes typing in the computer, then came over to dad and said "It should be here Wednesday."

HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm. Forget to do something, perhaps? Damnit! It's so frustrating. At least it seems like the reason it's not ready yet is because the LO forgot to submit something...

So dad stopped in again today. Finally the licensing officer was there. After the LO tore apart his desk looking for dads LTC, he said "You know it takes 3 or 4 weeks." Dad said "It's been almost 2 months". [shocked]

LO went to his desk and looked through some files. Found one, pulled it out, sat at his desk for 5 minutes typing in the computer, then came over to dad and said "It should be here Wednesday."

HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm. Forget to do something, perhaps? Damnit! It's so frustrating. At least it seems like the reason it's not ready yet is because the LO forgot to submit something...

Wow that sucks, sounds like the LO dropped the ball and forgot to hit "submit" on MIRCS, since CHSB usually has a few day turnaround. They're pretty good about printing and sending the LTC plastic card back to the PD (when they have the supplies in stock [wink])

The little lady had her photo & prints done in Medford about 4 weeks ago. The interview was about 2 minutes went like this, "Hi, I'm detective_______, let's see here, you got your paperwork in order how did you do in the firearms class........, o.k. right this way for prints and photo". "This will take about 4 to 6 weeks, we'll give you a call". That was it.

He give any indication it would be restricted or ALP? Medford usually do restrictions first time around?

Went to the Winchester PD today, had the meet, got photographed and fingerprinted.

Time elapsed since turning the application, 1 month and 10 days. I guess technically it will be 1 month and 17 days, they told me they'll call me next week to pick up my LTC A ALP [smile]

Finaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

59 days of waiting and keeping my fingers crossed has finaly come to an end today. I got a call this morning from the Newton, Ma licensing official informing me that he has found me suitable for a Class A LTC with Target and Hunting Restriction. I was told to call the P.D. 1 week from Monday and it along with my pin should be waiting for me to pick it up. WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO.....finaly. My friend who applied a few weeks after me was also told that he will be approved once he goes in and amends his application to reflect a incident that happened when he was a juvenile. On a side note I inquired as to what the LEO's defenition of hunting and target was and was told it meant that I can carry concealed at home, to and from the range, or to and from hunting. I know there has beena lot of debate on that topic on this site. Overall I would say the experience has been a somewhat pleaseant one but extreamly stressfull. I also would like to thank Darius (Cross-X) on here for taking the time to talk to me on the phone about what to do in case I was possibly denied due to suitability. He is one top notch guy and is now on my speed dial, hopefully I won't have to call you for another 6 years when it is time to get my App ready for renewal. Also want to thank Derek for all the good info and people on this site. Everyone from Northeastshooters get's two thumbs up from me for keeping me motivated and informed during this long process. Can't wait to go to fourseasons once I pick up the license.

59 days of waiting and keeping my fingers crossed has finaly come to an end today. I got a call this morning from the Newton, Ma licensing official informing me that he has found me suitable for a Class A LTC with Target and Hunting Restriction. I was told to call the P.D. 1 week from Monday and it along with my pin should be waiting for me to pick it up. WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO.....finaly. My friend who applied a few weeks after me was also told that he will be approved once he goes in and amends his application to reflect a incident that happened when he was a juvenile. On a side note I inquired as to what the LEO's defenition of hunting and target was and was told it meant that I can carry concealed at home, to and from the range, or to and from hunting. I know there has beena lot of debate on that topic on this site. Overall I would say the experience has been a somewhat pleaseant one but extreamly stressfull. I also would like to thank Darius (Cross-X) on here for taking the time to talk to me on the phone about what to do in case I was possibly denied due to suitability. He is one top notch guy and is now on my speed dial, hopefully I won't have to call you for another 6 years when it is time to get my App ready for renewal. Also want to thank Derek for all the good info and people on this site. Everyone from Northeastshooters get's two thumbs up from me for keeping me motivated and informed during this long process. Can't wait to go to fourseasons once I pick up the license.

Awesome news, 2/1!!! Glad to hear it. Its been a long, tough ride for you, but finally has paid off! Congrats!!

Newton, Ma I went in roughly 4 weeks ago and filled out my paperwork, paid the fee and had my fingerprints done. This morning I had my interview with the Lieutenant and my LTC Class A with hunting/game restriction will be mailed to their office in about a week and a half.

Was hoping for no restrictions but will go back in a year and ask for that. I raised a good point in that I am a hiker, and the restrictions do not allow me to bring my fire arm hiking (where applicable). Thats when he said just come back in a year and ask.

Dad finally got his from Waltham. He applied March 17, and was told it would take 3 weeks. I applied Jan 5 and picked mine up on Jan 23 - a bit shy of 3 weeks (and it was dated Jan 6).
On May 8, dad stopped in again and the LO entered everything in his computer and said "It'll be ready on Wednesday." That would have made it May 13 - almost 2 months.
Dad stopped in Monday, May 18 and still had to wait 5 minutes "I just pulled this off the Lts desk". His LTC was dated May 11.
I would like to this this was just a mistake and the LO really did forget - but my dad stopped in probably 3 or 4 times over these 2 months, and told the different officers who checked that it had been this long. It's snaps my carrot that this happened. Obviously, there was a mistake, because once the LO typed the info in the computer on May 8th, the LTC was issued the next business day (just like mine was in Jan). How can you forget to enter someones info? Especially when he gave my dad the computerized application, just like I got mine? I'm guessing he forgot to submit it, but it still pissed me off.
Never any apology or explanation...just "It'll be here on Wednesay". After TWO MONTHS of waiting because of human error.

I just called and they said they had it in. I can't wait until the morning to go pick it up. I think that it may even be unrestricted :) Tonight is gonna be a longer wait than xmas eve when is still believed in Santa.

Back
Top Bottom