How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Sheffield Ma. only 6 weeks

Just got my LTC Tuesday. 6 weeks to the day.
Well it was my own fault for not renewing it a few years ago.
It will never happen again!
We don't want to be part of the problem and give up my rights!!!
Oh yes..I have no restrictions and I will never have to pay again..Over 70 no charge in MA

Last edited:
5 weeks today in Stoughton, MA and still waiting. Talked to other Stoughton people and I guess I'm the longest yet. Going to see the police LT today to chat.

2 1/2 weeks as of today in Norwood. LTC-A target/hunting. No surprise there. Put in the paper work, prints and photo 5/13. Interview 5/29. Told to call next week. With any luck 3 weeks.

enjoy the restrictions [thinking] my brother's gf is from stoughton and she got restricted. what a crock.....

I was told they are more open to the carrying when you've had the gun for 1+ year and havent gotten into trouble. It's fair....I suppose; like I even have a voice in the matter.

3 more days and it will be a full 6 weeks. The LT is only in Mon-Thu and this week he is take Wed and Thu off so I am going to see him tonight to shoot the breeze. I went there twice last week and he wasnt in the office.

I applied for my LTC A ten weeks ago today in Fall River. Still waiting.[frown] I called the LO on May 7th. He said my application is in the next stack to be worked on and it will be mailed to me.

LTC - A in Fall River

I spoke to the FRPD lic. officer today. He told me I was approved for an LTC - A. [smile] He didn't know if the Deputy COP had put any restrictions on it. [hmmm] He did say I should get it by mail the middle of next week. [grin]

just over 3months in Belchertown, MA. Still waiting :( Not sure if I should call someone other than my PD to get a status update? Thoughts?

just over 3months in Belchertown, MA. Still waiting :( Not sure if I should call someone other than my PD to get a status update? Thoughts?

I would call, it might be there waiting for you. I was waiting for mine and turned out the PD had it for almost a month. It only took 4 weeks to issue it but was sitting on a desk for 4 more

Georgetown was about four and a half weeks, and the officer was very friendly, professional, and not condescending in the least. It was a very good experience, not at all like the horror shows that we have all heard about in other cities and towns. - Michael

127 days still LTC

I filed for my LTC on Feb. 3rd in Springfield. Upon the section for reasons of issuence I was told by a few police officer buddies to put "All Lawful Purposes" as well as receiving the same advice from the firearms instructor who was also a cop in West Springfield. The Clerk immediately whited out the ALP and stated that they do not issue LTC for that reason. I received a call asking me to come down on march 4th to speak with the deputy chief about my reasons for wanting it, I stated I wanted it for ALP , as well as target shooting, hunting, sport, and even to gain employment as a armored car driver. He stated that they do issue ALP for employment. The same Clerk then told him, in front of me mind you, that she sent out my prints a few days before, for back ground check. Which I found even more odd is that its under state law that they have a week to send it out. And this was the 4th week. He then signed the back of the application, with just sport, target and hunting. The employment was not listed. So I had a feeling I was going to get restrictions. I was told to give them a month. A month went by and I called again, and this time I got additude from the same clerk. She said that have up to 90 days from the day he signed it and I needed to be patient. I responded but I am waiting to get a job. On may 8th I called back because I was going in to be in the area of the police station running errands, the same clerk answered the phone, this time more chipper and polite. I asked for the status, and she put me on hold and for 5 minutes I held on. She finally returned saying the back ground check had not been returned, but then she said" Wait a minute, how did it get in there, well sir we do have you back ground check, someone put it in the wrong folder, and I immediately forward to the chief for final approval." And yet another 3 weeks went by and on May 28th I called yet again. This time I was a different female clerk, I asked the status, and she took my number down and told me she would call me when she found the information. Surprisingly she called back within 5 minutes, she stated that it was on the Deputy Chief's desk awaiting final approval from him. I then stated that I was awaiting the LTC for employment. She then placated me by saying she will immediately bring it to the attention of the Deputy Chief. I filed for it on 2/3/09 and it is now 6/11/09 and still no LTC, and still no news stating I was denied it. But the shocking twist is that a few weeks ago there was a shooting involving an unregistered gun used by unlicensed user in Springfield and now the city wants to pass a hand gun ordinance for all of Springfield. Could the Deputy Chief be buying for time so the ordinance passes and he can deny me my right?

Back
Top Bottom