How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

So hypothetically my PD could approve me on paper, pending that the background check/fingerprints come back clean from the state. Then once those checks come in could essentially plug all of that info into the computer and send it off to the FRB?

Yes

Springfield. First time applicant
Turned in application and did prints/photos on 2/15.
Picked up today 6/21. That's about 124 days.
Restrictions: Target

Riddle me this????
What determines whether or not you get finger printed? There is no finger print on my latest license but there was on my last. I have a pin now so is that the replacement? I had assumed that I was not printed this time around because they already had them on file from the last few times I was arrested and booked.
On a sidenote, does it seem like the waiting period is getting shorter or has there been no change? I also wonder how many get unrestricted versus restricted permits....

I've been following this thread since the first post, and really did not know what to think with the great disparity of "wait times" people were experiencing. I blamed the police departments as many of us did. There have been, and still are posters who insist it's the state. I just picked up my LTC. Mind you this is a renewal, But in no way did the state drop the ball on this one!

Photos and prints: 5/23/13

Received:.............6/24/13

32 Days!!!

Lesson: No matter how "nice" your PD is, and no matter what they tell you, DON"T BELIEVE IT !!!

Tomorrow is week 7 for me in Lowell.. LO said 8-10 weeks. I apparently didn't have to do prints since I had an expired FID from 2003.. Just the "interview", pic and index finger scan..

Going to call tomorrow, have called twice and told still under review at PD..

Called today, "Your license was sent out on June 23rd, it's pending activation by the FRB...". Anyone else reach this point? Are we talking another week?

This is week 12 in Auburn, btw.

Sgt. Mills, nice guy to deal with.

March 11th, made the appointment.
April 8th, application and fingerprints.
June 25th, checks in the mail.

Called today, "Your license was sent out on June 23rd, it's pending activation by the FRB...". Anyone else reach this point? Are we talking another week?
the FRB takes about 2-3 weeks to activate and print LTCs and send back to the towns, they usually do them in groups

just got the call from methuen pd

applied in february, pickup june 25th, about 4 months.

boss is a fellow enthusiast- told me to leave work early and go pick it up. yes sir!

edit- class a, no restrictions.

Last edited:
6/14 - FRB said it was printed and mailed out on 6/11

It's so close I can almost taste it.

So, still haven't received my license, but I just called the FRB and they said it was already activated at the Boston PD. Does anyone know how long it takes once they activate a license to receive it? Or does anyone recall how long it took for their license to arrive once activated?

So, still haven't received my license, but I just called the FRB and they said it was already activated at the Boston PD. Does anyone know how long it takes once they activate a license to receive it? Or does anyone recall how long it took for their license to arrive once activated?

There are no set times. I've seen PDs mail them out immediately, and others sit on them for months. They'll mail it when they are done effing with you.

New Bedford, MA

Interview/Prints - 4/2/13
Checked status with FRB APPROVED - 6/2/13
License printed - 6/12/13
Received in mail today - 6/27/13

Already made my first purchase (M&P 9C) at FTS Guns in New Bedford.. awesome staff highly recommend!!

Happy & Safe Shooting!!

Tomorrow is week 7 for me in Lowell.. LO said 8-10 weeks. I apparently didn't have to do prints since I had an expired FID from 2003.. Just the "interview", pic and index finger scan..

Going to call tomorrow, have called twice and told still under review at PD..

Expect it around the 12 week mark. Mine took 84 days and my wife's took 100 days.

Last edited:
Called the FRB today and my license now shows "Pending Activation" status.

Medford:
Applied/prints/photo/interview 3/14
Approved and sent to FRB 6/22

No idea about restrictions yet.

WTF!!! They sat on it for three months before they submitted it?? [shocked] Were there prior legal problems or something like that, that held it up?

WTF!!! They sat on it for three months before they submitted it?? [shocked] Were there prior legal problems or something like that, that held it up?

No issues with background.

I know they submit fingerprints in batches so it was a couple of weeks before they started working on it. All of the background check work with the exception of prints was completed at about the 5 week mark. It spent the rest of the time waiting for MSP to complete AFIS check. That part took about the 10 week period I have been consistently hearing from others.

It totally sucks. The local PD could have been a bit quicker in processing, but the bulk of the delay was MSP.

New here but thought I would put this out there....
-Application, prints, interview on 3/20 in Waltham-
Called the FRB Tues and its still being reviewed by local pd/state police. Really starting to get frustrated, especially since I was told 6-8 weeks. To top it off right around the 8 week mark one of the stores I put my name in on for an m&p 9c called and said its in so I went in and payed for it thinking my license would be any day. Now 5 weeks after there longest time frame I have nothing, no license, no m&p, and no $500. This Sucks

No issues with background.

I know they submit fingerprints in batches so it was a couple of weeks before they started working on it. All of the background check work with the exception of prints was completed at about the 5 week mark. It spent the rest of the time waiting for MSP to complete AFIS check. That part took about the 10 week period I have been consistently hearing from others.

It totally sucks. The local PD could have been a bit quicker in processing, but the bulk of the delay was MSP.

Since I'm a few weeks behind you this gives me some hope I may see it by the end of July. What date did they MPD cash your check?

License arrived today! 6/28.

15 weeks on the dot since I submitted my application on 3/15. Add 60 more days from when I made the appointment to submit my app.

Back
Top Bottom