How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Well, I just got mine today. Six months after I submitted my app. Gotta love this system! Thank you Reading for the timely manner in which you handled this....really, thanks!

12/24/12 - App submitted
2/18/13 - Fingerprinted
6/28/13 - Received license

Oh yeah...target and hunting also. I don't even get the real goods.

Last edited:
went in for fingerprints and application on 3/20 and still waiting

wife applied 3/27 later and received license on 6/21

called the FRB and they said it was mailed out a month ago. so I checked with local police and they said they haven't received it yet...

has this happened to anyone?

Well, I just got mine today. Six months after I submitted my app. Gotta love this system! Thank you Reading for the timely manner in which you handled this....really, thanks!

12/24/12 - App submitted
2/18/13 - Fingerprinted
6/28/13 - Received license

Oh yeah...target and hunting also. I don't even get the real goods.

Please don't forget to mention the town and if there was a delay in submitting the app (sometimes people have to make appointments several months out).

Sorry, this is in Franklin. Everything is done electronically at the appointment... no paper applications to submit.

I'm just worried my license got lost.

Sorry, this is in Franklin. Everything is done electronically at the appointment... no paper applications to submit.

Call the FRB first, and find out if they received it, and when and if it was mailed back, then go from there. If it's been too long in the mail, you can assume it's lost. If that's the case, notify your PD.

Did you sign anything? The application can be generated electronically in MIRCS but as far as I know they would still need to print it out and have you signed it...

Update:

3/30 App and finger prints
5/6 Pending Local Pd review
weekly calls to the FRB
6/30 Pending Local Pd Review

So that is 3 months so far.... I noticed some of you guys submitted app and prints just before me so I have some hope that maybe in a few more weeks it will arrive!

Call the FRB first, and find out if they received it, and when and if it was mailed back, then go from there. If it's been too long in the mail, you can assume it's lost. If that's the case, notify your PD.

I called the FRB again today. They told me it was mailed out beginning of June and it hasn't been activated by the PD. However, PD says they don't have it. I guess I am going to have to report it as lost...

I called the FRB again today. They told me it was mailed out beginning of June and it hasn't been activated by the PD. However, PD says they don't have it. I guess I am going to have to report it as lost...
I don't know how you're going to report it as lost if you never had it...

- - - Updated - - -

I would think that would be up to the PD to report it as lost if they (honestly) never received it from the FRB

I don't know how you're going to report it as lost if you never had it...

- - - Updated - - -

I would think that would be up to the PD to report it as lost if they (honestly) never received it from the FRB

I guess you're right about that... This has become a headache. I feel there's nothing I can do at the moment.

I guess you're right about that... This has become a headache. I feel there's nothing I can do at the moment.

Get yourself down to the police station and tell them when it was mailed. They may tell you, you need to wait 30 days, but I doubt they want an LTC issued by them, floating around out there. If it is indeed lost, and you do nothing, you'll never get it. OR...they may find it at the bottom of a drawer, in the other room.

I understand your pain, the problem is many PD's are dishonest about where you are in the process, so it's hard to tell if they really never got it or if they're holding it to make you wait longer etc...crappy spot to be in

5/24- interview, prints (10-12 wks estimated for LTC)
6/27- pending at PD
7/7- 6 week mark

Friend got his 12 weeks

Northbridge

Chelmsford, MA:

Applied for renewal on 4/1
Appointment was on 4/29
UPDATE 5/21 - Pending review by CPD [sad2]
UPDATE 6/05 - Pending review by CPD [sad2]
UPDATE 6/21 - Pending review by CPD [sad2]
UPDATE 7/02 - Pending review by CPD [sad2]

Still waiting. 9 weeks since my appointment, 13 weeks in total.

Chelmsford, MA:

Appointment was on 4/29

That's dog shit! Sorry for the woes, that truly blows!

Chelmsford, MA:

Appointment was on 4/29

That's very unusual for Chelmsford... Have you spoken to Officer Jennifer Bellissimo since your fingerprinting appointment? She is extremely helpful. Or have they changed licensing officers?

That's very unusual for Chelmsford... Have you spoken to Officer Jennifer Bellissimo since your fingerprinting appointment? She is extremely helpful. Or have they changed licensing officers?

It's still officer Bellissimo. I have not spoken to her since because she said flat out I was looking at 3 months from the appointment. I at least expected it to be further along by now. If there is no update by the end of next week I'll follow up with her to see what's going on.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Update *** This state totally sucks

App and appointment on 3/14.

I called the FRB last week to check my status and was told it was "Pending Activation" and waiting for printing.

I called today to see if it had been printed. I ended up being told the information I received last week was incorrect and I am in fact still in "Pending Review" status. I called the LO to verify the status with him. He stated he is still waiting for AFIS check to come back. They have had some AFIS checks for March come back but are still waiting on a few from February. He said there was no rhyme or reason as to how they get processed. He has a father and son who applied together in February. The son has his LTC and the father is still waiting on AFIS.

16 weeks and counting now. Actually getting you AFIS check completed these days appears as random as winning the lottery with quick picks.

Update *** This state totally sucks

App and appointment on 3/14.

I called the FRB last week to check my status and was told it was "Pending Activation" and waiting for printing.

I called today to see if it had been printed. I ended up being told the information I received last week was incorrect and I am in fact still in "Pending Review" status. I called the LO to verify the status with him. He stated he is still waiting for AFIS check to come back. They have had some AFIS checks for March come back but are still waiting on a few from February. He said there was no rhyme or reason as to how they get processed. He has a father and son who applied together in February. The son has his LTC and the father is still waiting on AFIS.

16 weeks and counting now. Actually getting you AFIS check completed these days appears as random as winning the lottery with quick picks.

when the FRB told me that mine was approved and awaiting activation/printing it was between 1 and 2 weeks until i had it I hand.....same with about 4 other people i know

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

when the FRB told me that mine was approved and awaiting activation/printing it was between 1 and 2 weeks until i had it I hand.....same with about 4 other people i know

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's what I was expecting until finding out I'm actually still waiting for fingerprint check. Print card has been with MSP for 3+ months now. WTF???

I could understand the delays better if there wasn't such a terrible randomness to it. It truly seems to be the luck of the draw if yours gets processed in a timely fashion.

What we are seeking smells a lot like total incompetence and either a lack of proper procedures for handling request, or a total disregard of those procedures. The fact that some applicants apparently wait several weeks while others wait several months would support this contention. If this was just delays due to volume, I would expect to see consistent delays for processing requests. I would still expect to see processing on a first in/first out basis.

Shouldn't requests be getting logged in somehow, processed in order of receipt, and then logged out. Is the MSP handling fingerprint checks for criminal cases with the same recklessness they seem to be exercising with checks for LTCs?

This looks a lot like a total lack of proper managerial oversight as well as the lack of proper policies and procedures.

Last week i called to check the status and they told me that it was pending printing. I called wednesday and the guy on the phone seemed confused, he just stopped asking my drivers license number and just i think we printed it and sent it to your police station, but i feel like he didnt really know if it had been printed and mailed and just thought it was. Anyway, if it has been mailed it shouldn't take more than a week if it went out earlier this week...hopefully lol

So I'm at 9 weeks and I was told that it's still sitting at my PD waiting for approval. This is ****ing horseshit. I'm up for renewal and now I'm stuck without a license and can't buy or sell anything I have, which is killing me right now cause I need to pull some money out of some of the stuff I have collecting dust, and I can't cause this state would make a ****ing felon if I do. Godamnit I hate it here. I hate this shit.

First time for LTC class A Holbrook MA
Finger prints at PD 4-13-13
Called PD 5-24-13 was told going to be awhile
Called PD 7-2-13 Left voicemail checking statice
PD called me today left voicemail I have been approved 1 to 2 more weeks he will call me when licence is in from FRB (whoo hoo)

UPDATE:

New Applicant for LTC-A in Chelsmford

April 2nd- Drop off Application and letter of Recommendation
April 15th- Got my prints taken and handed in my payment
May 8th- Check cashed by Chelmsford PD
May 20th- Waiting
Weekly calls to the FRB to check on the status

July 8th - I just called the FRB and was told that my application had been approved! Finally! Was also told that it will be another 2 weeks or so until I get my license in hand, and based on everything I've read here, that seems to be pretty accurate. So far its been 12 weeks total from April 15th to July 8th, and will probably end up being 14 weeks before it is all said and done.

Back
Top Bottom