• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Springfield

applied, fingerprinted, photos -5/2
in draft - 5/24
in draft - 6/7
in draft - 6/28
in draft - 7/12

10 weeks still nothing

Went in this morning 7/15. Clerk asked when I applied and asked for my license so she could check. I told her 5/2. She says oh its taking about three months. I said okay well it's almost three months, she responds "oh you applied 5/2, its taking about 4 months you'll get a card in the mail when it's in."

how does it go from 3 months to 4 months in a matter of seconds?! This system is thoroughly frustrating! I'm hoping the clerk really had no clue and I'm close to getting it within the original 3 months they quoted me in the beginning.

Last edited:
That's good news buddy. Here's to hoping it's unrestricted. I'm three weeks behind you so I should be approved soon. Do you know at what point they cashed your check? Mine is still out in the wild.

I'm 17 weeks in, supposedly approved and they haven't cashed my check yet.

Unfortunately it is tough to predict approval time. Officer Conway says the AFIS checks have been coming back in totally random order. He has applicants from February that are still waiting fingerprint checks to be completed yet has received them for some March and some April applicants.

Franklin (nice and green)

called and was offered an appointment the next day but I wasn't available and took one the following week

that morning the LO (very nice) filled out the app with me and i was printed right after

that was 10 weeks ago today

called today and got the "under review" like everybody else has been

Applied on April 7. I have called FRB a few times and always get "still in draft". Very frustrating. I have the feeling its been lost or sitting on someone's desk. Why is it some people get theirs in 3 weeks and others wait 15 weeks?

Last edited:
Applied on April 7. I have called FRB a few times and always get "still in draft". Very frustrating. I have the feeling its been lost or sitting on someone's desk. Why is it some people get theirs in 3 weeks and others wait 15 weeks?

I believe I've explained before that some departments leave the application status' "in draft" until their DMH and AFIS checks come back, it all depends on how your dept does it

Franklin applied prints 3/20

update:
called the FRB again last week and they said my license was activated by the bureau on May 28th and that if I haven't received it by now it was probably lost in the mail... they also told me to ask my LO to called the bureau and re-issue one.

called my LO today and he said there are 20+ people with the same situation (FRB telling them it was sent but PD never receiving it)... and that he can't re-issue one until he is absolutely sure it is lost.
I don't even know what to think...

Fingerprint/interview - 4/11

License in hand today - 97 days from fingerprints/interview

Waltham, MA

Last edited:
UPDATE:

New Applicant for LTC-A in Chelsmford

April 2nd- Drop off Application and letter of Recommendation
April 15th- Got my prints taken and handed in my payment
May 8th- Check cashed by Chelmsford PD
May 20th- Waiting

Weekly calls to the FRB to check on the status
July 8th - call FRB and was told that my license was approved on July 1st.
July 16th - Finally for the call from the LO saying that my license had arrived!

Class A LTC with no restrictions in hand after 75 business days (105 total days)

I just came back from the interview and paid my fee. This is a first renewal for me and he said maybe 90 days I would have it in hand. My renewal isn't until the end of December, so it's early.
I didn't even have to submit a letter to the chief, this time, as to why I wanted to carry.
Called this morning and he asked me what time I would like to come in. What a great little town this is, so far.

Friends in Norwood first time applicants 4 weeks start to finish Class A Restrictions none. Picked up their LTC's yesterday.
Said the COP/LO was very easy to talk to etc. etc.

I just did my renewal of an unrestricted issued by another town in Norwood and it went really well we basically talked about vacations and kids as he put my app in the system. I think Norwood may be a little yellow these days.

It has been 70 days since my interview, I called the hot line today and it is still waiting on the PPD for approval.

I already had 500 beans put down on a M&P 9 mm compact, it is sitting in the shops safe calling me, I know cause I hear it everyday. lol

Tim ~ [hmmm]

It has been 70 days since my interview, I called the hot line today and it is still waiting on the PPD for approval.

I already had 500 beans put down on a M&P 9 mm compact, it is sitting in the shops safe calling me, I know cause I hear it everyday. lol

Tim ~ [hmmm]

I paid for my 1911 in full 2 weeks after my interview. I feel your pain!!

Chelmsford, MA Renewal, took about 8 weeks. Of course mine expired during that time and I was told not to carry on expired while in renewal process. When renewing automobile registrations, etc online, you get a receipt to show you are in the renewal process, but not with an LTC. CPD has always been very check with renewals. I think its MASS.

*Update* Called FRB yesturday and they wanted me to call BPD to check the status of my application. The backround checks are taking three months just to get back, and mine came back on the 16th of this month when I applied for the Class "A" on the 23rd of April. I was told I have a couple more weeks to go! I just wanted to let you all know that the backround check is taking 3 months or so, which is what others have said. Congrats to all who have gotten there license.

Last edited:
Initial Phone Call - 4/1
Prints & Picture - 5/1
Licensed expired -6/18
Received new LTC renewal - 7/23

Gee, not bad, only 114 days

Back
Top Bottom