How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

"In Draft" means that they have entered you're information info the computer, but you haven't signed the computer generated application and done photo/prints. Once you go in for photo and prints it changes to "Pending Review by LO."

The good news is they've entered your info...the bad news is they appear to be dragging their feet on having you come in.

I had my prints and photos done when I was there on 2/15. It was a half hour wait, but I had them done.

When I applied recently(sort of) in Medford, my app was in "Draft" status for about the first 3 weeks after everything was completed; meaning signed, photo and prints taken. After that it was in "Revision" status for about 2 weeks and has now been sitting in "Pending Review" for the last 7 weeks.

Did you call the state or MPD to get the update. I'm at 7 weeks tomorrow in our lovely town so I guess your time should mirror mine in some fashion.

Did you call the state or MPD to get the update. I'm at 7 weeks tomorrow in our lovely town so I guess your time should mirror mine in some fashion.

I've called the FRB every week to keep up on status. I called Medford PD and spoke to Officer Conway about 3 weeks ago. He stated that MSP was taking 8 - 10 weeks to complete AFIS checks and that week he had just received checks he had sent in January and had not received any for February or March applicants. He said it would be at least 3 months and assured me he wasn't sitting on any apps. Being Medford, I'm not sure of the veracity of that statement. However I did run the 8 - 10 weeks claim for prints by my attorney and he confirmed he had heard the same from other sources.

I called FRB today and was told my application was approved by local police department on 6/3/2013... How long now should I expect until in hand?? Thank you!

Been a month so I called to see if my app was moving along, I was told it is still in the hands of the Plymouth Police, when I did the interview they did say it would be at the end of July so no biggie, by then maybe there will be more stock on the shelves.

Tim

Prints and photos taken on Mar. 14th. Still no word. Called the pd twice and no return call. Shouldn't I have heard whether I was approved or not by now even with the long wait for licenses? Does anyone have a contact within the state to verify the status of applications? Thanks.

May 28th: I called the FRB just now and was told that my application is pending on my background check? I am not entirely sure what that means...still at the local pd, already sent in to the state police?

I am in a total of 6 weeks today, and seeing what i'm reading....i'm going to expect much, much longer.

June 6th: I call again today just for giggles, but this time I was told that my application is pending on my towns LO. Give that it was pending on my background check last time, should I assume that the background check has been done already and the next step is into the FRB?

I just picked up LTC-A unrestricted in Holliston.

3/12 - applied and did interview, prints - they called timing almost to the day
5/28 - called state to get status (thanks for all the posts on what number to call) - told me they just got everything, would review and send to town
6/7 - call from holliston police - come pick it up

Holliston police department is awesome all around- from the chief on down! The LO Andy MacGray was extremely helpful and great to deal with. Sorry to read all the horror stories about other towns. Outrageous.

Good luck to those still waiting. Paul

Arlington

3/6 Application/interview/prints
6/5 PD approved, sent to FRB

93 days so far. Was told it should be here within two weeks at this point. Will post again when I have it in hand.

Originally Posted by kjr7888
Newburyport, Ma

3/20/13-Called for Appointment 8am
3/20/13-Interviewed, Fingerprinted,
Application submitted 6pm
4/17/13-Called FRB. Still awaiting local
PD approval
5/17/13-Called FRB. Still awaiting local pd approval

Super easy process, and excellent to deal with.

I had a Fid from another town so I was already in the system.

Called today 5/30/13- Approved waiting to be mailed. LTC A No Restrictions.

6/7/13 LTC A in hand no restrictions.

I hate to sound like a chump....I had a student take the HFS class with me on April 12, 2013. She met with the Sturbridge police on May 14. Got the call to pick it up on May 28, 2 weeks later.

Honest!

Had another student in Worcester. She called & they set her up for 1st meeting in September. Then she found out her husband coaches with the licensing officer, so she got in that week. They told her 12 weeks is the wait time to get it. Then I called another student in Worcester to tell her this story. She has her 1st meeting in November 2013.

Feb 6th Interview.
Entered into AFIS Feb 7th.
Multiple calls to FRB claiming my application was in 'draft', meaning no checks run, ETC.
Early May FRB tells me to call local PD and ask why nothing is being done. I decide to be patient & not call.
May 16th FRB said application received, reviewed and sent back to PD.
PD Activates and license printed 5/23.
License in hand via USPS 6/10.
Restrictions: NONE.

On the application, when asked why I want my license, I wrote, Hunting, Recreation & PERSONAL PROTECTION. I was advised to not write this, but still did and was given my LTC-A with no restrictions. When I was asked during the interview process why I wrote this, I said because I plan on concealed carrying for personal protection.

Last edited:
Prints and photos taken on Mar. 14th. Still no word. Called the pd twice and no return call. Shouldn't I have heard whether I was approved or not by now even with the long wait for licenses? Does anyone have a contact within the state to verify the status of applications? Thanks.

Yeah, don't call the PD. Call the FRB. They will be able to give you updates on your application. 617-660-4722, very friendly people. Tell them you want to check status on your LTC application, have your drivers license S number ready.

I went to the south hadley pd on 4/4 and did my paperwork and prints. called yesterday and still have not got my record check back from AFIS. whats the hold up! This is crazy..

April 2nd - Met with local PD and did paperwork, prints, and photo and was entered into system
May 29th - Card printed and "active"
Today (June 12th) picked up LTC class A, unrestricted

10 weeks total

Back
Top Bottom