How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

A day under 2 months for my LTC-A unrestricted in Shrewsbury. The delay was on the Boston end and they notified me as soon as they got it. Shrewsbury is certainly green.

I moved to Arlington ;-) My LTC is still an "ALP from Medford", still expires in 2013, but it's at least unrestricted. The short version of why it took so long is that the lifting of restrictions was handled strangely under a 'new computer system' that is evidently in place. I was advised to renew my license in Arlington, but that kept getting silently rejected by "the computer" for months. When someone finally got around to looking into it in-depth, things moved very quickly. They called the Medford PD and were able to get the restrictions lifted on my current LTC, and a new LTC card issued with "None" printed on it as well as my Arlington address. The issuing PD is still "Medford" though, so I guess I can say I've got one of the very few "Restrictions: None" LTC A's from "Meffah"! Go me, it only cost me 5 months. [sad]

I moved to Arlington ;-) My LTC is still an "ALP from Medford", still expires in 2013, but it's at least unrestricted. The short version of why it took so long is that the lifting of restrictions was handled strangely under a 'new computer system' that is evidently in place. I was advised to renew my license in Arlington, but that kept getting silently rejected by "the computer" for months. When someone finally got around to looking into it in-depth, things moved very quickly. They called the Medford PD and were able to get the restrictions lifted on my current LTC, and a new LTC card issued with "None" printed on it as well as my Arlington address. The issuing PD is still "Medford" though, so I guess I can say I've got one of the very few "Restrictions: None" LTC A's from "Meffah"! Go me, it only cost me 5 months. [sad]

Wow, that's some excellent work as a pro se applicant.

I could not have done it without the EXCEPTIONAL work of Arlington PD. Once they had identified that there was a problem with the computer, their Sgt. over there was RIDICULOUSLY helpful in chasing down the folks who needed to be chased down, speaking to them on my behalf, and then following up with me (I had unsolicited weekly phonecalls from him with status updates for awhile) on a regular basis until I had the license in my hand. I have never felt so well-treated by a government agency before, ESPECIALLY here in MA. I am SO GLAD I moved to Arlington!

8 weeks and counting

[rofl] I called again today and got the, " I'm doing my nails, and do I really have to help you," speech. "We can't track your info till we have the state send the tracking number, oh and your info was resubmitted on Sept. 30th." Why was all I asked and didn't get a straight answer. This is only a license after all. I know it for weapons, but the combined effort of the state of Mass and the city of Boston can't issue a piece of plastic that states that I've been checked and deserve the right to carry a handgun. Two months, I could probably have found a guy to sell me a rocket launcher in under a week. What could possibly take this long? Is the computer system from the fifties? This is just ridiculous, no wonder people are fleeing this city in droves.

My interview was on 10/13, but the Det. told me he mailed in all applications on Fridays, so it should've been sent out on 10/16, which would make today Day 26. I'm hoping that Haverhill maintains it's reputation of being a fairly speedy Green town, and I receive it in the estimated 4-6 weeks I was quoted. I can't wait, as I already have one gun already paid for (on hold with the seller), and another lined up waiting to be purchased through an FFL.
I've been scoping out the Walmart for ammo availability and prices, but I've decided to stop torturing myself because the supply changes on a daily basis!!!!

Does anyone have any recent experiences with Beverly PD for LTC issuance? I've only seen 1 or 2 posts on this, and they were from several years ago. Thanks!

Malden,Ma

5 weeks from police application to opening my mailbox. Class A LTC No restrictions! My NH license took 4-5 weeks...I don't remember.

I waited 13 weeks but when I finally got it it was Class A - unrestricted.

The very next day I was at the gun store and joined AFS in Attleboro. I shoot about 3 times a week.

It gets expensive but the price of not being trained/prepared is much greater.

9 weeks today and counting

Like anything else there's always a great deal when you don't have the money, time, or license. I can't talk to anybody anymore about guns because of the great deals they have, especially with the holidays coming up. I can't even justify calling Boston PD one more time to see if they know where it is in the process. If I don't get it in the next week it will be after Thanksgiving before I see it because state hacks take off all of next week rather than the day before. This state sucks on a stick. PS, Santa its the 4" S&W 686 not the 6".

Like anything else there's always a great deal when you don't have the money, time, or license. I can't talk to anybody anymore about guns because of the great deals they have, especially with the holidays coming up. I can't even justify calling Boston PD one more time to see if they know where it is in the process. If I don't get it in the next week it will be after Thanksgiving before I see it because state hacks take off all of next week rather than the day before. This state sucks on a stick. PS, Santa its the 4" S&W 686 not the 6".

If you're thinking about buying a used gun, I would still look out for good deals! If you're comfortable enough with a private seller, offer to make a deposit on an item they're selling, or even offer to pay in full if they need or want the cash asap. You can't have the gun until you get your license arrives of course, but if they're willing to take payment on it before you get your license, you can lock in a great deal!
Some people might think that's stupid or crazy, but if you have all the person's personal contact info, and/or if they're a known/trusted member of NES, etc, it should be a pretty worry-free deal. Don't take my word for it of course, I'd hate to see anyone get burned on my $.02.
FWIW, I already have my first gun paid in full through a private seller that I met through NES. I met up with him at his place and went to his range and put a box of ammo through it, stripped it down, etc, and I trust him. I have another member who is holding onto another gun for me for the next few weeks, in which time my license hopefully arrives!!
Again, proceed with caution in any of your own ventures!
As far as my license, it's been 32 days and counting!!!
Jeremy

Mine took about a month. Was worried about a 12 week horror story like I had heard from others. Class A LTC no restrictions.

What town??
I just got a call from my Det. He said my license was approved by the state, he's just waiting for it in the mail. So, hopefully any day now!!!

Just went to my LEO today for my prints and photo. I dropped my application off on Tuesday. Harvard seems to be Very Green so far. There was no interview I was in and out in about 15 minutes. The Sgt. told me that a worse case scenario it would take 6 weeks but normally 4 weeks.

I did ask her if she was busy and she said that it comes in spurts and that today she was meeting with 6 other people of which a couple were renewals. I then proceded to tell the Sgt. about my girlfriend's experience so far in her town of Dracut where they won't even let you drop off the application and that you had to sign up for an interview and that it has already been a couple weeks since she signed for an appointment. The Sgt. looked puzzled and said that was not right and that was not the way it shoud be done....

ANYWAY... I hope to see my LTC ALP in the next few weeks it could go either way with the holiday in there. Could rush to get them out or wait until after i guess.

~Jay

Back
Top Bottom