How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I feel rather lucky. Took 14 days for my Mass LTC-A no restrictions. Took 7 days for my PA non resident, and it took 14 days for my curios & relics license.

Marblehead: Just about 4 weeks even. Went in on Sat. 9/26 and picked it up this morning (Mon. 10/26). The issue date on the license is 10/19 and I got the phone call on Sunday 10/25 that I could come down and pick it up at my convenience. I was told when I applied that it should take 4 weeks - seems like they were pretty good with sticking to that.

I don't think I'm going to get mine!

I called the Boston PD HQ on 10/23, which would have been 37 days for me. She was nice but said that they can't track it on the state level. I called back today and got a cop and he told me that I'll get it when I get it----nice attitude. Now I don't know if it's just me but I walk the streets naked, and I get harrassed alot. I could sure use a firearm to defend myself for when people get rowdy. As for right now all I'm packing is a stick and people just don' take me seriously. Should I call back Boston tomorrow and tell them this story and see if they will issue it faster.

I called the Boston PD HQ on 10/23, which would have been 37 days for me. She was nice but said that they can't track it on the state level. I called back today and got a cop and he told me that I'll get it when I get it----nice attitude. Now I don't know if it's just me but I walk the streets naked, and I get harrassed alot. I could sure use a firearm to defend myself for when people get rowdy. As for right now all I'm packing is a stick and people just don' take me seriously. Should I call back Boston tomorrow and tell them this story and see if they will issue it faster.

In Boston you'll more than likely get a restricted license and won't be able to carry concealed. Did you apply as a business owner or as someone who needs to transport large sums of money or valuables? If not, you'll still walk naked.

...I don't know if it's just me but I walk the streets naked, and I get harrassed alot. I could sure use a firearm to defend myself for when people get rowdy. As for right now all I'm packing is a stick and people just don' take me seriously. Should I call back Boston tomorrow and tell them this story and see if they will issue it faster.

It’s possible that something about you—maybe the way you carry yourself—is causing you to get harassed a lot because it shouldn't take a stick or a gun to make people take you seriously. Besides, the gun should be concealed and nobody should even know you have it on you, so that shouldn’t affect the behavior of others. Maybe you carry yourself differently when you’re packing.

What I'm most concerned about is that you think you need a firearm for self-defense when people "get rowdy," so I hope you understand that it takes a threat level much higher than rowdiness before you should pull out a gun. To answer your question directly, if you want your License To Carry, I don't think it's in your best interest to say any of what you posted to the Issuing Authority.

41 days and waiting

I am a business owner, but I don't carry cash or valuables, it shouldn't make a diffference. I understand it's Boston and the opressively liberal culture would rather I cheerfully give my stuff to whoever wants it rather than give me the right to defend myself. This is my town and I like it here and I won't flee because of some A-holes tring to limit my rights because they won't defend their's. It will come soon, and I'll happily take my weapons to the range why I push to get it unrestricted, and on that day I'll burn all my clothes and start a club in Boston. I'll call it, "Armed and Naked in Boston."

Last edited:
Some people call it Humor.

I was in the middle of posting when I saw some of the replies to my earlier posts. Some people take life way to seriously, I don't and use humor to get my point across. So when I see people concerned about how I carry myself and giving me advice about sticks. It was just a stupid post with some humor to give you a laugh at the end of the day. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself with or without a weapon. I was an MP stationed in Germany on patrol duty, also pulled a horrible 18 months at a Nuclear weapon site and I was an M60 gunner. So I'm very familiar with weapons and how they work and when to use them. It's humor guys, it breaks up the day, don't take it serious.

Last edited:
I was in the middle of posting when I saw some of the replies to my earlier posts. Some people take life way to seriously, I don't and use humor to get my point across. So when I see people concerned about how I carry myself and giving me advice about sticks. It was just a stupid post with some humor to give you a laugh at the end of the day. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself with or without a weapon. I was an MP stationed in Germany on patrol duty, also pulled a horrible 18 months at a Nuclear weapon site and I was an M60 gunner. So I'm very familiar with weapons and how they work and when to use them. It's humor guys, it breaks up the day, don't take it serious.

Some folks just don't get the humor kzilla. That's OK, I am sleeping with my new SR9 tonight just to make sure it feels safe in it's new home. You will meet her tomorrow and we can name her. I'm think all that time in Germany will help with name suggestions. See ya in the AM [wink]

Just watched the 7 week mark go by. [sad]

Was told part of the delay is due to budget cuts the person doing the approval part in Boston is literally 1 person and that they were sick and without anyone covering it has been backed up even more. Hopefully will get it in the next few weeks. I do my best to pretend I'm not waiting for it, but it is getting annoying. [thinking]

6 weeks +++

I called again today and was put on hold for 5 minutes so someone could get a cup of coffee while they pretended to check my status. "Sir it's only been six weeks, it could take as long as 8, did you know that?" she said. "No I was told 6," I said as nicely as I could threw my teeth. "No sir, it's usually about 8, anything else I can help you with today?" "Yes, could you take one of your hands and stick it in a draw and slam it with the other hand so you know how I feel." I didn't say that, but I thought it. I know its sitting on a desk with a coffee ring on it and the Fitchburg gun show is Saturday. Thanks, Boston, your a Pip.

I called again today and was put on hold for 5 minutes so someone could get a cup of coffee while they pretended to check my status. "Sir it's only been six weeks, it could take as long as 8, did you know that?" she said. "No I was told 6," I said as nicely as I could threw my teeth. "No sir, it's usually about 8, anything else I can help you with today?" "Yes, could you take one of your hands and stick it in a draw and slam it with the other hand so you know how I feel." I didn't say that, but I thought it. I know its sitting on a desk with a coffee ring on it and the Fitchburg gun show is Saturday. Thanks, Boston, your a Pip.

they probably will put off calling you for a few more now.

"Sir it's only been six weeks, it could take as long as 8, did you know that?"

Not that it would help any, but I'd be likely to reply to such a patronizing response with "No, I only know that I was told 6 weeks, which is within the 40 day maximum allowed by law, while 8 weeks would be above that legal limit, you know, sort of like me driving 56 in a 40 zone."

Ken

Not that it would help any, but I'd be likely to reply to such a patronizing response with "No, I only know that I was told 6 weeks, which is within the 40 day maximum allowed by law, while 8 weeks would be above that legal limit, you know, sort of like me driving 56 in a 40 zone."

Ken

[laugh2] lol. While that response would certainly be of high entertainment value to most, the officer would likely not be one of those who found it entertaining. Who knows what they might do out of spite ;)

Just received my LTC in the mail today. Took me 31 days from the day of applying. There was a national holiday (columbus day) so I'm guessing that'll slow things down sometimes.

Time to go shopping.

Last edited:
UPDATE..... Applied in Brockton on 9/24, wasn't able to get in touch to see if it ever came in, so I stopped in today 10/30......It was issued on 10/16!

LTC-A: Sporting.

Back
Top Bottom