How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Just went to my LEO today for my prints and photo. I dropped my application off on Tuesday. Harvard seems to be Very Green so far. There was no interview I was in and out in about 15 minutes. The Sgt. told me that a worse case scenario it would take 6 weeks but normally 4 weeks.

I did ask her if she was busy and she said that it comes in spurts and that today she was meeting with 6 other people of which a couple were renewals. I then proceded to tell the Sgt. about my girlfriend's experience so far in her town of Dracut where they won't even let you drop off the application and that you had to sign up for an interview and that it has already been a couple weeks since she signed for an appointment. The Sgt. looked puzzled and said that was not right and that was not the way it shoud be done....

ANYWAY... I hope to see my LTC ALP in the next few weeks it could go either way with the holiday in there. Could rush to get them out or wait until after i guess.

~Jay

I have heard good things about licensing in harvard. And the Dracut licensing team seems to be a bunch of knobs.

WOO HOO!!!
38 days from the day the application was sent in (Haverhill, and I'm official!![party]
Going to pick it up later today, then going to see if there are any gun stores open to get some JHP's!!!!!!![banana]

Medway?

Been a week so far since I dropped of the app/pics/prints. (Medway)
The process was painless, professional, and prompt. The Sgt said 4 - 6 weeks, but after watching this thread, I realize that it could be 2 weeks - 5 months!
With any luck it'll be here for Xmas, but I won't hold my breath!

Been a week so far since I dropped of the app/pics/prints. (Medway)

Without me having to go back and check the thread, is Medway a green town?
It seems that in green towns, if you're told 4-6 weeks, it'll be to-6, tops! Hopefully you get it before the 6! My Det. told me that around this time of year, there's a huge influx of app's for hunting season, and that can slow up the process...
Good luck with a speedy receipt!

Yeah, I got it. (fat guy doing back flip)

73 days was all it took to get a piece of plastic to give me the right to buy something I already have the right to do anyways. The plastic is nothing more than a get out of jail free card if I legally get caught with my own firearm. Let that sink in. Kind of ridiculous, isn't it. Not that there shouldn't be checks and balances in the system, lot of crazy people out there, but there has to be a better way than this. I don't know how to streamline the process, but if I gave it some thought between bites of my delicious Tuna sandwich, it would come to me. How about this, computers, not the ones with the whirling rows of tape on them, modern ones, yeah, that's it. I, Joe Citizen, waddle up to a counter, say at the registry, with three forms of ID. I fill out a form, prove who I am, and the computer goes to work and says, "this guy's the balls," and they print my license right then and there. I know everyone hates the Registry, but their already set up for this exact purpose, and no new goverment agency has to be created, thank God. The only thing I would add to it would be an NRA type certification, you should at least know how to handle and fire a weapon, safety first for all our sakes, but no gun club memebership requirement. It really could be that fast and it could free up the three people in the whole state that do it now, that's true by the way. 21st century, yeah.

Last edited:
4 Weeks in Haverhill

Just got the call today its at the Station ready to be signed .. I applied on October 18th was told to expect it on December 18th at the earliest but around Christmas was more reasonable and its already in with no restrictions Asked the Detective and he said "You applied for a Class A you got a Class A"

Not yet my buddy is the Treasurer I think or some board member and he said he will sponsor my membership or bring me in to the next meeting.

Next meeting is in 2 hours, 20 minutes!! Be there! It's the BOD meeting. You attend that first, bring 2 checks (1 for NRA, 1 for membership), and that starts the app. process. Then you attend a membership meeting next Monday, and maybe one more??
If you don't come tonight, you'll have to wait till Dec. 28th, as they only hold the BOD meeting on the last monday of each month.
Be there!

Next meeting is in 2 hours, 20 minutes!! Be there! It's the BOD meeting. You attend that first, bring 2 checks (1 for NRA, 1 for membership), and that starts the app. process. Then you attend a membership meeting next Monday, and maybe one more??
If you don't come tonight, you'll have to wait till Dec. 28th, as they only hold the BOD meeting on the last monday of each month.
Be there!

Wont be able too tonight .. Already have my NRA membership gonna have to wait til Dec 28th .. I still have to go sign for my license tomorrow and pick it up. No biggie though Ill join end of the month

You don't need your license to put in your application at the club ( I believe), but if you can't make it, you can't make it. Let us know when you join up!

I live in Wareham, MA. I dropped off all the documents a week before St. Patty's day. Got called in for prints and mug shot on May 19, received the license on June 19. A little over 3 mos. total, but I don't blame my local Police. the Lieutenant I dealt with was very sympathetic and was trying his best, he was just inundated with the requests and had no help.

Topsfield

It took only 5 weeks in Topsfield. [smile] They predicted 4 weeks, but things at the State level went a little slow. Great people down at the station!

Dunno if its relevant here, but I put my check for my NH non-res in the mail on 11/20, and just got it today (12/7). That is in STARK contrast to how long it took to get my LTC in MA...

--Lee

Finally got it. [smile]

Applied on July 24th and interviewed on August 25th. The wait was long but worth it. They were very helpful at the PD and apologetic for the time frame.

Time to go shopping! [wink]

Applied on July 24th and interviewed on August 25th. The wait was long but worth it. They were very helpful at the PD and apologetic for the time frame.

A month just to be interviewed; three and a half months MORE to be processed. Forget apologies; what was the explanation for the delay?

A month just to be interviewed; three and a half months MORE to be processed. Forget apologies; what was the explanation for the delay?

No explanation for it. Although I got the impression that the hold up was at Chelsea's end. I wasn't going to push the issue because I didn't want to risk getting slapped with a restricted license. Last I checked, Springfield is red. Based on my interview, the reason I got what I did was due to the fact that I'm a landlord.

It's been 4 1/2 weeks for me and I am still waiting. I was told 4-6 weeks. Hopefully I won't have to wait 3 1/2 months, I live very close to Springfield.....

Back
Top Bottom