how do you hold your ar?

As a combat Veteran, I find threads like these funny as hell![rofl][rofl][rofl]

When the shit hits the fan, you are going to be laying on your belly. You sure as shit won't be standing up!

Dude, if you are tough enough, it does not matter:

Of course, there is the Homeboy hold:

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS is how I hold my AR (using the sling) when I want to hit something precisely. It works for me, the steady sling. its like having your rifle in a vise:

Luckily, the sling length for me to hold it like that is also the same length I would normally shoulder carry it with. So just practice with different lengths till you get it just right.

Last edited by a moderator:
i6flex.jpg
i6fl77.jpg

i6fl39.jpg
i6fll0.jpg

Meanwhile, in France:
68052769_hi018216167.jpg

3 gun like this. If you have a Carbine AR with something like a regular Handguard then under it. AK's I hold the correct way at the Mag.
View attachment 151928...View attachment 151929

I hold ARs like an AK. I can't stand the tactical way of holding it, it is so uncomfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

I will let you borrow my musket.

Gallagher_s-300x254.jpg
Have no idea what I did there?
I watch some of the young folks holding up these space guns and wish I could be as steady just sitting on my couch.

Attachments

• autosave.jpg
    autosave.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I love the life jacket on this guy, he must be with the Sierra Leone Navy.

Come on his tactical use of the front sight/vertical grip is out standing. For a,minute there I thought he had a side fed German machine gun!

- - - Updated - - -

i6flex.jpg
i6fl77.jpg

i6fl39.jpg
i6fll0.jpg

Meanwhile, in France:
68052769_hi018216167.jpg

I'm,sure that mime feels guilty today for pointing a gun. You know he turned it in soon after the shootings.

Locking your elbow straight out and doing the thumb over grip is YouTube shit. Try holding your average carbine in the Costa grip for 5 minutes comfortably, you can't do it, even if you crossfit.

So that's what I always thought when I saw guys hold their rifles like that. I get that having your hand out that far means that any movement in your support hand translates into smaller movements at the end of the barrel. Having your hand further in so that you can potentially rest your tricep against your torso means you can likely hold the rifle in that position for a longer period of time. However, it seems that the tradeoff is that any movement you make with your support hand further back toward the receiver amplifies the movement at the end of the barrel. But I'm civilian as ****, so what do I know.

The more muscles you use the more movement you get. More bone support the less muscles to get tired so less,movment. In the end it's what works for the situation.

Unless you train enough to make it almost automatic response. You won't think much about proper position when trying to return fire.

For your basic fundamentals of shooting positions , the instructions can be found in the box of a daisy redryder

Back
Top Bottom