• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Independent take on GOAL's Stockholm Syndrome: http://www.redmassgroup.com/diary/18366/

The NRA has to take a stand against this. They can't support it here for fear the concept could spread to other states.

Not questioning NRA's press release...it's GOAL's press release. Far too much back- slapping and high-fiving. It's OK to always be opposed to any GC bill. You WANT your legislative opponents to know that when they do GC that you will fight like hell and still be angry when something passes because your goal in not just to stop new GC but to reverse existing. Then they are less likely to say "That was easy" and come back for another bite next year.

The outcome may not have been any different, but don't talk about such a wonderful and historic agreement between pro-gun and anti-gun sides.

Edit: Hell, the two houses haven't even voted an final passage yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not questioning NRA's press release...it's GOAL's press release. Far too much back- slapping and high-fiving.

Agreed. Now, I'm in favor of the bill (not in the abstract, of course, but in the context of this being MA and what the alternatives are) and told my rep and senator to vote for it. But I do not like the tone of the press release. It's should have been more like "We believe the FID changes are definitely a change for the worse. However, taking the bill as a whole we believe it is, on balance, a net win and are not opposed to it."

Not questioning NRA's press release...it's GOAL's press release. Far too much back- slapping and high-fiving. It's OK to always be opposed to any GC bill. You WANT your legislative opponents to know that when they do GC that you will fight like hell and still be angry when something passes because your goal in not just to stop new GC but to reverse existing. Then they are less likely to say "That was easy" and come back for another bite next year.

The outcome may not have been any different, but don't talk about such a wonderful and historic agreement between pro-gun and anti-gun sides.

Edit: Hell, the two houses haven't even voted an final passage yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But GOAL is part of the NRA ?????

GOAL is not responsible for the collective ignorance of beacon hill, and I find it disturbing that some NESer's find anything short of complete attack to be some type of weakness on behalf of GOAL.

It is pretty clear that GOAL was at least a factor in the drafting of this bill into something at least acceptable, and in many ways good for us. It's important to look at big picture, not winning a single battle and losing the war. This is a long process and I believe GOAL was very helpful here.

Those of you who feel compelled to criticize GOAL should either 1) find a way to be grateful or 2) start your own pro-2A organization and actually help.

I find it disturbing that some NES members are willing to settle for the scraps they are given.

This bill jeopardizes and restricts the ability of citizens to own firearms. Period. It's not something any advocate of 2A should support.

Mental Health:
• Added language so that people who voluntary seek mental health help will not be listed as a prohibited person

I wonder though if someone could still be denied on suitability if they obtained mental health care on their own?

One gun per month - No
Liability insurance - No
7 round magazine - No
Mandatory storage at a gun club - No
25% sales tax on firearms and ammo - No
BS bans like CT or NY - No

Like another poster said, this isn't Texas. Considering the alternatives, we made out fairly well.

This! the very first version of this bill was total screw you up the A$$ with your pants still on. We made enough nose to get a lot of it changed. Everyone knew something was going to get passed and all things considered it was no where near as bad as it could have been

Here is the problem I / we have with GOAL when you use other peoples money and are fighting for other peoples rights YOU CAN NEVER BE NEUTRAL now I/we don't care if you like it or not GOAL spoke for all of us THAT INCLUDES ME,WIFE,SON,BROTHERS SISTERS

The NRA brand is poison in MA. Any position they take will be attacked by the Democrats. Even those Democrats who are pro 2A will disavow them.

Independent take on GOAL's Stockholm Syndrome: http://www.redmassgroup.com/diary/18366/

The NRA has to take a stand against this. They can't support it here for fear the concept could spread to other states.

We are certainly not getting a great deal. However, due to the unique circumstances here in Mass it may not be the worst thing that could happen either. Time will tell. One thing for sure, we will probably be fighting these battles for the rest of our lives as long as we live in Massachusetts.

You guys realize we are in MA and a huge majority of the Reps are Dems and anti gun. GOAL did a kick ass job of playing defense. If we don't let this pass it was all for nothing and we will have to do it again soon and may not be so lucky. If this passes they will be so busy patting themselfs on the back that gun control in MA won't be on the political radar for a long while. In the mean time Comm2a and others will sewing the pants off everyone they can to reverse the
negatives in the bill. We are playing Chess not tic-tac-toe.

This sets up a fight but I think the law allows you to challenge restrictions at any time, so YOU might be the one to win that fight for us. Doesn't that make you at least grin if not smile?

It certainly sounds entertaining, lol.

I'm without question willing to explore the option, but not looking to ruin an otherwise good relationship with local LEO who are all really great people. Other than the restriction, it's a good group of people.

You guys realize we are in MA and a huge majority of the Reps are Dems and anti gun. GOAL did a kick ass job of playing defense. If we don't let this pass it was all for nothing and we will have to do it again soon and may not be so lucky. If this passes they will be so busy patting themselfs on the back that gun control in MA won't be on the political radar for a long while. In the mean time Comm2a and others will sewing the pants off everyone they can to reverse the

I can tell you 100% thier is a new gun bill being worked on right now (it will have OGAM and 7 rounds ) just ask linsky

I can tell you 100% thier is a new gun bill being worked on right now (it will have OGAM and 7 rounds ) just ask linsky

He files that crap every year. We made it painful enough this session for those in power to think twice about burning political capital to get these things through.

If they do make it an issue, we'll be there to fight again.

Linsky introduces these all the time. Big whoop.
There were 33 anti gun proposals. None survived. Say what you like-goal, and those that called, emailed, and showed up, killed those.

It certainly sounds entertaining, lol.

I'm without question willing to explore the option, but not looking to ruin an otherwise good relationship with local LEO who are all really great people. Other than the restriction, it's a good group of people.
It will be your choice!

It's nice to have that choice. Would be better if they couldn't do it in the first place, but at least going forward it looks like you will be able to decide to challenge it or not. That is an improvement.

Who here, by a show of hands, thought there would be ANY improvement for us in a MA gun control bill filed in the wake of Newtown, hmmmm?

Last edited:

I don't care about who likes who WHEN YOU SPEAK FOR OTHERS YOU CAN NEVER BE NEUTRAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom