Hope no one is waiting for Hornady ammo to be back in stock soon

LuvDog

NES Member
GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (KSNB) - Crews from at least four local fire departments were called to a Hornady Manufacturing plant west of Grand Island for an explosion just before 10 a.m. Friday.

No conspiracy no attacks here, simply a company's lack of attention and pushing employees to hard and cutting corners by trying to make their own primers instead of buying them from Winchester or CCI

I want some Hornady ammo now.

That woman's family is going to sue them real good.

I just bought a bunch of Hornady 6.5CM so I'm glad I got it when I did. Heart felt condolences to the misses who lost her life though. Sucks big time.
Yup

Ammo plants are dangerous places

There was one 20ish min from where i used to live and another grenade factory about the same from where i worked

I think the grenade factory killed someone in my 2 years in fl and the ammo plant people were like proud no one died in 3 years

Or visa versa

Yup

Ammo plants are dangerous places

There was one 20ish min from where i used to live and another grenade factory about the same from where i worked

I think the grenade factory killed someone in my 2 years in fl and the ammo plant people were like proud no one died in 3 years

Or visa versa
Thiokol plant in Woodbine, Georgia. Made trip flares for use in Vietnam. One accident blew the whole place, all of its employees and much of the surrounding forest to smithereens back in 1971.

Thiokol plant in Woodbine, Georgia. Made trip flares for use in Vietnam. One accident blew the whole place, all of its employees and much of the surrounding forest to smithereens back in 1971.
Interesting. My late Father used to sell Thiokol adhesive products to the glass trade back in the 1960s.

No conspiracy no attacks here, simply a company's lack of attention and pushing employees to hard and cutting corners by trying to make their own primers instead of buying them from Winchester or CCI
IDK if Hornady makes their own primers, but they do make rimfires and that's probably where this happened.

:O.

I toured the place back in . . . . 1999. Still have the 50cal A-Max bullet the nice lady gave us as a souvenir. It was cool to watch how stuff was made.

Their 53 grain .223 Superperformance is probably the hottest round in that caliber that I ever fired.

Their 73gr ELD 5.56 Superformance was over 3100 FPS out of my 20” when it first came out. Popped a couple primers though. The next batch I got was about 2900+ FPS, but then they stopped selling it.

Last edited:
I don’t think a company making their own product 100% is bad. Why rely on the competition to provide product when you can manufacturer your own?

Back
Top Bottom