• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK versus Glock 19

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
Interesting no one has mentioned HK's P30. Looks like people on this forum really do have a hard on for Glocks and why Glocks command a street price of >$800 lol.

Any specific reason to consider a USP other than nostalgia? It's over 25 years old, just like Glock's Gen 2 perfection.

why Glocks command a street price of >$800 lol.
Not sure which street you live on (Newbury St.?) but the street price here for a brand new Gen 5 G19 is about $550.

That said, I've owned two G19s and I've sold them both.
I still own my VP9 (the 2020 update version, with the milled slide, new mags, and other improvements HK implemented).

Oh don't get me wrong, I know the G19 isn't "big", just bigger in comparison to the G48, G43X, G42, SK-line of HKs, ect.
The size difference between a G19 and a 43X is miniscule on length and height.... thickness it is huge

The problem with the 43X for a lot of guys is the 10 round factory mags (there are larger one in the aftermarket)

With the 19 you can use any of the G19 mag options, plus the G17 mags and even the elusive G18 33 round magazines

If you are a Glock person, don't rule out a 43X, but don't pay stupid money for one either.... before the SHTF and the world started going nuts, they were sub $400 guns used LNIB in free states, and new they were in the $500 dollar range

Iwi masada.
It's your all in 1 pew

I appendix iwb a usp full size for a year. It's not nearly as heavy or as big as everyone makes it out to be

Clean-looking P80 with one of the best aftermarket slides. After shooting my buddy's P80 19 with the same brand slide, I am SERIOUSLY thinking of selling my old G19. The P80 frame is just so much better in terms of feel and comfort. Unfortunately, nobody wants to sell P80 completed/serialized frames or guns in MA.

P.S. No, I don't want to make my own out of 80% kits! I know myself enough to know that if I try, I will create an abomination that won't just fail to shoot, it will probably open the gates of hell when I pull the trigger. Some people should not be allowed near tools!

I carry a Gen 5 G19 or G19 MOS almost every day. It is not a "larger" or "woods walk" gun lol. It is probably the most practical handgun ever made though.

When I think woods walk, I don't think 9mm, I think 10mm, .45 acp, or .44 or .357 mag. I usually carry a g29 or g20 in the woods, sometimes I'll mix it up with a 1911 a gp100, or a super blackhawk. I want something that will thump a startled/pissed off black bear if needed.

Clean-looking P80 with one of the best aftermarket slides. After shooting my buddy's P80 19 with the same brand slide, I am SERIOUSLY thinking of selling my old G19. The P80 frame is just so much better in terms of feel and comfort. Unfortunately, nobody wants to sell P80 completed/serialized frames or guns in MA.

P.S. No, I don't want to make my own out of 80% kits! I know myself enough to know that if I try, I will create an abomination that won't just fail to shoot, it will probably open the gates of hell when I pull the trigger. Some people should not be allowed near tools!
I literally taught my 5yr old daughter how to build a p80 with pair of knipex flush cutters, a small round file, some sand paper, and her moms pink cordless drill out of the kitchen junk drawer, just sayin.

Apologies, I didn't read everything, just the title.

Glock 45, and this is coming from someone that never really cared for glocks.

You're welcome.

Out of what you listed, which one, out of the box, requires the least amount of parts swap for suppressors?

VP9 Tactical OR - Heckler & Koch

Probably this because Glock as far as I know doesn't sell a can-ready model. And I don't believe the other HKs come can/red dot ready as factory models.

I think this might be my answer here because I've shot suppressed handguns and they're quite nice.

Everyone should build an AR and a P80 from scratch/stripped or 80% lower IMHO... learn how your weapons work

The problem IMHO with the P80 is the inability to walk into any LGS and find a holster for it.... but then again I've seen LGS's in MA that had very few Glock holsters on the wall due to Glocks being a low volume gun in MA

Everyone should build an AR and a P80 from scratch/stripped or 80% lower IMHO... learn how your weapons work

The problem IMHO with the P80 is the inability to walk into any LGS and find a holster for it.... but then again I've seen LGS's in MA that had very few Glock holsters on the wall due to Glocks being a low volume gun in MA
Most proper gen 3 Glock holsters have no problem fitting the P80's. I carry a p80 g26 or g19. Never had a holster NOT fit, and I've got probably a drawer of 20 or so......none are leather either.

Those HK's (USP in compact) are both substantially heavier, thicker, and have shorter barrels than a G19. The also hold 13+1 free state vs 15+1 for the Glock. Then there's the after market. HK mags are often stupid expensive and HK doesn't have nearly the same after market support as Glock.

Glock just nailed it with the G19. It's basically the reference model for compact handguns and a reference model for the perfect non-duty size carry piece on a size/capacity ratio. The P320 has caught up in many areas, but I would say that the G19 has had such a head start that the rest of the market is still trying to catch up. An argument could be made for newer G48/43X with those 15rd aftermarket mags though, but that's almost a trick to get to their slightly better size/capacity ratio. If this is for EDC, I'd say go Glock. If this is for a nightstand/woodswalk gun, then don't limit your search pool to just compacts or smaller, particularly if you're putting the Acro on it.

Most proper gen 3 Glock holsters have no problem fitting the P80's. I carry a p80 g26 or g19. Never had a holster NOT fit, and I've got probably a drawer of 20 or so......none are leather either.

A deep mold Gen 3+ holster may have a bit of trouble due to slight differences in the frame around the muzzle end by the rail and the trigger guard. Glock's muzzle end is ever-so slightly more rounded and I believe the P80 has an ever-so slightly thicker trigger guard. But both issues only seem to present themselves with tight Glock holsters (deep moldings), from what I've seen, and can most likely be hair dryer'd out.

If this is for a nightstand/woodswalk gun, then don't limit your search pool to just compacts or smaller, particularly if you're putting the Acro on it.

Let me clarify what I mean by "woods carry gun."

I mountain hike and hunt often. Usually every weekend during the summer and fall. To give some context, I've completed the New England 4000 Footers and I'm working on the 52 With a View now. Hunting for me often involves briars, swamps, and mud. I move around a lot. I see people quite frequently. Sometimes I go into towns to do things like get a meal or take care of something in the middle of the day.

This necessitates that whatever I carry be unobtrusive and lightweight. I don't want it obvious that I'm carrying. I don't put anything in my pockets, either, so nothing falls out. Anything on me is either belt mounted, in a jacket, or in my backpack.

I've ran into bears and moose in the woods before. I know when they move and that they avoid people generally. They don't concern me nearly as much as humans.

I'm not interested in anything bigger than the guns I've mentioned. If I get something smaller, it'd be a VP9SK or G43X. Again, I don't put anything in my pockets.

I mountain hike and hunt often. Usually every weekend during the summer and fall. To give some context, I've completed the New England 4000 Footers and I'm working on the 52 With a View now. Hunting for me often involves briars, swamps, and mud. I move around a lot. I see people quite frequently. Sometimes I go into towns to do things like get a meal or take care of something in the middle of the day.

This necessitates that whatever I carry be unobtrusive and lightweight. I don't want it obvious that I'm carrying. I don't put anything in my pockets, either, so nothing falls out. Anything on me is either belt mounted, in a jacket, or in my backpack.

I've ran into bears and moose in the woods before. I know when they move and that they avoid people generally. They don't concern me nearly as much as humans.

I'm not interested in anything bigger than the guns I've mentioned. If I get something smaller, it'd be a VP9SK or G43X. Again, I don't put anything in my pockets.

Then G19 all the way. Lighter than the HK's and hold more rounds in those NH mags. Still, if size and weight are such considerations, the Acro is an unusual choice.

Then G19 all the way. Lighter than the HK's and hold more rounds in those NH mags. Still, if size and weight are such considerations, the Acro is an unusual choice.

The ACROs I've seen in person aren't as "billboard" as you'd think. The ACRO is 1.9" x 1.2" x 1.2". The RMR is 1.8" x 1.1" x 1.1". The extra 0.1" isn't going to be the difference between concealment and visibility. And the ACRO's shape is a rectangle.

I've been paying attention to the ACRO since it came out and the big benefit it's supposed to have is that, as a rectangle, it can't pick up debris in the scoop-like shape of say a RMR. You can pack a RMR full of mud, sand, or snow. ACRO's a rectangle, so not a problem. Of course, there's the issue of what if the ACRO's glass takes a direct blow.

Having compared the glass on the RMRs and ACROs, I like the glass quality of the ACRO more enough that I'd rather go with it over the RMR.

Glock 20?

If you're set on an optic and you want an HK that isn't striker fired I think you're left with the P30. If someone could cut a P2000 or a USP and not have the plate holding the guts together that would be my first choice too, I just don't know if it can be done.

If you're set on an optic and you want an HK that isn't striker fired I think you're left with the P30. If someone could cut a P2000 or a USP and not have the plate holding the guts together that would be my first choice too, I just don't know if it can be done.

I was thinking about this last night and this morning and I'm really thinking the best option here is either the VP9 OR or the G19 MOS.

I was thinking about this last night and this morning and I'm really thinking the best option here is either the VP9 OR or the G19 MOS.

People like their VP9s. Those who don't seem to just have an aversion to striker fired guns, but as far as I can tell they're nice modern guns with lots of options. HK also seems to be fully invested in the platform (and striker fired guns in general) moving forward, which is always nice. It sounds like the VP9 line makes up a huge % of their handgun sales these days.

Maybe also check out the G17 MOS also if you're open to glock? If I had to choose between keeping my G34 MOS and my G19 I'd keep the 34. The G17 might be a good compromise for carry.

Hk us9 click me

buy

Usp compact vs g19x

bigger mags for can be had
wtf-blink182.gif

The ACROs I've seen in person aren't as "billboard" as you'd think. The ACRO is 1.9" x 1.2" x 1.2". The RMR is 1.8" x 1.1" x 1.1". The extra 0.1" isn't going to be the difference between concealment and visibility. And the ACRO's shape is a rectangle.

I've been paying attention to the ACRO since it came out and the big benefit it's supposed to have is that, as a rectangle, it can't pick up debris in the scoop-like shape of say a RMR. You can pack a RMR full of mud, sand, or snow. ACRO's a rectangle, so not a problem. Of course, there's the issue of what if the ACRO's glass takes a direct blow.

Having compared the glass on the RMRs and ACROs, I like the glass quality of the ACRO more enough that I'd rather go with it over the RMR.

Those measurements are kind of deceiving though, as they are taken from the widest and longest parts of each. The Acro fills that space 100%. The RMR is like 65% of the volume of those measurements. Will make the Acro a little trickier to conceal for some, as that extra volume is at the butt end that pokes against your shirt IWB carry. Less or no concern when open carrying I suppose. The Acro is also 158% the weight of the RMR. Not that the 1.9 ounces of the Acro will kill anyone to carry, but weight is weight.

If you live in Mass go with a platform that has "legal" prebans. My vote is the Glock!

Back
Top Bottom