high power flashlight advice

That was me. I’ve got 2 genie TK75 that take 4x 18650 by default. They have an extender that adds another 4 batteries.

I just got an email from them the other day mentioning they have an even more powerful light. Someone before me posted about it.
are those "E" cells, or maybe "F" cells?

looking for a mother powerful flashlight are any of those 5000-10000 lumen ones any good what do you recommend
Spot light , I had one similar to this one for years and it finally melted. It was 7500 luman I think. Not bad for truck or around the yard use.
Flash light seems the ones over 4000 lumens are expensive and get hot.

I have ok luck with cheap lights I just dont ask much of them.

I wanted a super bright flashlight for taking the dog out at night. I had a few specific reqs: 18650 compatible, charging base so I can have it at 100% every time I go out.

Ended up with a Olight Warrior X (not the Pro, that uses a proprietary battery), and its been perfect. I can light up the woods and beyond from anywhere on my 5 acre plot with the 2000 lumen mode, and also not burn my retinas by just keeping it on 300 lumens most of the time. It is not 100% duty cycle at the 2k lumens though, only about 2 minutes until it will lower down to 600, due to heat.

looking for a mother powerful flashlight are any of those 5000-10000 lumen ones any good what do you recommend

Thats like asking what caliber you should use for bear on here.

To get the right light you need to define what you are going to do with it and for how long.

The LED matters a lot as it determines the color of the light. To me high CRI (Color Rendition Index) LEDS. How well a LED renders color is important to me if I am going to use it for blood tracking deer. I really need the colors to pop to help me pick out the blood so I generally like the Nichia 219 series as they are a nice warm light with a high CRI.

How long do you want to run the light for? Others have mentioned a single cell light doesn’t have much mass to absorb and dissipate the heat and can get hot enough to burn skin or start fabric on fire and a single cell doesn’t last long.

One of my favorite lights was the Klarus G30. It is a “pop can“ flashlight that uses (3) 18650 batteries so you get longer run times and a bigger light to help dissipate the heat. It uses the Cree MGat 2 led but isn’t pocket sized.

You are also going to need a good lithium battery charger to recharge the batteries.

The CPF and the BLF forums are great sources of information and I have found that the members are helpful.

CandlePowerForums

Home | BudgetLightForum.com

Bob

I wanted a super bright flashlight for taking the dog out at night. I had a few specific reqs: 18650 compatible, charging base so I can have it at 100% every time I go out.

Ended up with a Olight Warrior X (not the Pro, that uses a proprietary battery), and its been perfect. I can light up the woods and beyond from anywhere on my 5 acre plot with the 2000 lumen mode, and also not burn my retinas by just keeping it on 300 lumens most of the time. It is not 100% duty cycle at the 2k lumens though, only about 2 minutes until it will lower down to 600, due to heat.
I also bought one of these, on sale just under $100. I get called out at night sometimes and whatever I have to see it is well lit up, always brighter than any other hand held unit at the site. I hang it from a rubber clip off my dash, uses a magnetic charger into the usb on the dash, always charged. Super bright will light up anything on our 2 1/2 acres. I had a hard time spending $100 a flashlight but after missing some downed wires in a high wind rain storm with a mag light I bought this and it does all I need. If you had someone bothering you this would blind them instantly.

did you notice that one costs $329????
Hold my beer [rofl]

fwiw, I bought the marauder 2 from armsunlimited awhile back, when I was on my flashlight buying spree due to ammo being ridiculous, and I paid $220 for it from these guys. Incredible light, but don't think I'd go full price on it. I found armsunlimited pricing on olight products to be way lower than olights pricing, even during olight sales. Bought a few weapon lights from these guys as well.

What's the application requiring 5,000-10,000 lumens? Just curious

What's the application requiring 5,000-10,000 lumens? Just curious.
My biggest light is the 14000 lumen Olight....compared to my 3800 Lumen Thrunite and 1500 lumen Olight...well, it just lights up MORE STUFF. Like darn near the whole yard. It's like there's no beam of light when set for spread, more like instant daytime. It's amazing the critters I've surprised with this thing. The spot feature is interesting, not really much need for it so far, but pretty nice lighting up the hill 600 yards away.

I thought my old nitecore 1000 lumen flashlight was bright. It's similar to a car headlight and lights up an area at distance pretty well. I can't even imagine what kind of light is being thrown by something that claims to be 10K lumens or more. Must be insane.

The Fenix TK35UE (3200 lumen)is about as good as it gets for a general purpose/duty light much above that and really the output becomes a liability but of course its nice to have in case one needs to -search-.

The big issue with the ultra high lumen lights is that the output levels are really not practical (depending on your need) as little is usually available in lower levels.

I have the Fenix version, it's a fun toy and very useful if you are searching for something in a particular area a half mile away no bigger than a VW Bug lol

My yard is only one football field long.
You guys ever pilot a boat on Lake Winnipesaukee at night, looking for those wooden markers? How about looking for a mooring in a bay? Looking through fields for a runaway dog?

The Fenix TK35UE (3200 lumen)is about as good as it gets for a general purpose/duty light much above that and really the output becomes a liability but of course its nice to have in case one needs to -search-.

The big issue with the ultra high lumen lights is that the output levels are really not practical (depending on your need) as little is usually available in lower levels.
Exactly.

And the TK35UE is pretty big to carry around.

I got The PD40R a few months ago and it's bright as hell and almost the same size as a PD35.

If you have an Amazon account then check Woot from time to time. They have some really good sales on flashlights from time to time. I bought a $100 tactical flashlight for $20 on woot that uses Li-ion batteries. It's brighter than any other flashlight I've ever owned. I ended up buying 4 of them to keep in my vehicles.

The PD40R is an impressive light I would like to have another level of output between 100/350 but they seem to have the bases covered certainly 20 lumens is sufficient for reading documents without affecting night vision AND this light has the critical feature (for me anyway) of being able to use CR123A batteries just in case!

Beam shots here-

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19giZfy0LR4

People on the job today have it real good compared to when we old timers were working-the SL-20 was the only choice for big light, literally, and was having one ever a stress reliever.....

Back
Top Bottom