HERE WE GO - Biden gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
your .45acp or 50 bmg isn't going to stop the gov from impeding your rights if they so choose.

neither will your "progress".

my .45 or a .50 BMG will give me a better fighting chance and i do believe that was why the founding fathers put that pesky second amendment into that pesky constitution of theirs.

my .45 or a .50 BMG will give me a better fighting chance and i do believe that was why the founding fathers put that pesky second amendment into that pesky constitution of theirs.

no, they wont. fact.

I guess it's not okay to question status quo in America any more. Our founding fathers just rolled in their graves.

Here's some more wood for the fire - your .45acp or 50 bmg isn't going to stop the gov from impeding your rights if they so choose.

But we'll go down swinging. I'd rather that then being a total pussy and watching every god given right get taken away or worse, my family slaughtered. But you'd rather stand and watch...cause you're a statist.

Please explain to me how a background check will prevent someone from acquiring a firearm? Give me logic.

Please explain to me how a background check will prevent someone from acquiring a firearm? Give me logic.

oh it wont. but butting heads for X years with 0 progress has resulted in the white house taking interest in destroying something you love, gun ownership.

our side needs to evolve and propose it's own sanctions on ownership. lenient, very lenient... but we cannot allow the federal gov to do it for us.

all of these things "can kill people, much faster than every other weapon". got it.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't possibly care any less if you think I'm a troll. Truly.

None of you want to hear the other side, just like the other side doesn't want to hear you.

Ever heard of impeding progress?

everyone stop feeding the troll, his arguments are the same as envy other troll. Glad you feel I need permission to exercise a fundamental human right. Until you go get a license to spout crap on the Internet that can be revoked for nothing your argument holds no water.

And yes, I got baited in.

oh it wont. but butting heads for X years with 0 progress has resulted in the white house taking interest in destroying something you love, gun ownership.

our side needs to evolve and propose it's own sanctions on ownership. lenient, very lenient... but we cannot allow the federal gov to do it for us.
There are far to many sanctions already. I am in disagreement with every last one of them.

What kind of bull shit answer is this? Just a few pages back you said any joe schmoe can go buy a gun at a gun show...you have no clue what you are talking about. Look up the actual laws, don't take Biden and Bloomburg's word for it. Offer up our own solutions? We have. The solution to gun violence is individuals being responsible for their own life and liberty.

IBTB

you're missing the point. this argument isn't over 'til something is changed. would you rather that it was a change proposed by the NRA or Obama/Biden?

hate to break it to you all, my fellow gun lovers.. but not every gun control legislation puts YOU at odds with the gov.

such as - full background checks at gunshows.

A background check doesnt put you at odds with the government? Are you on crack? Gun registration is illegal, what do you think will come for the background check? What do you think it is in this state where filing a transfer requires the serial number?

you're missing the point. this argument isn't over 'til something is changed. would you rather that it was a change proposed by the NRA or Obama/Biden?

The only acceptable change would be one that lessens restrictions on gun purchase/ownership. Until that is on the table, there is no discussion as far as I'm concerned.

You're ignorant of history. Half the major gun control on the books has been co-sponsored/supported by the NRA. (For example, the National Firearms Act). Getting our skin in the gun law making game in terms of playing "compromise" hasn't done anything positive, only provided them with more vehicles with which to punish us.

BTW, actually the argument is over when the topic loses steam. There is no congressional support for more gun control. Biden and co can make all the noise they want about it, it's not ****ing happening, at least not at the federal level through congressional means.

-Mike

The argument from thm isn't over till confiscation occurs. Your foolish to believe other wise. Its about control not safety.

yes, your car is registered and you proved you were capable of driving it years ago.

tell me more about your analogy.

Driving is a privilege, not right. The second amendment states that our right (not privilege) to bear arms will not be infringed.

even as a gun advocate, hate to say it but you're dangerous til you prove otherwise.

our court system is the opposite, but guns can kill people, much faster than every other weapon. you can't own one, til you prove you're capable of safe ownership.

You are not a gun advocate, you are a troll. You are a gun grabber who is trying to convince us that gun control is all right. 20 post, and you arent even a green member. Or maybe your upset that you didnt pass a background check.

By the way, hows that Yaris treating you?

Either way, i will no longer feed the troll.

Last edited:
I tell you right now I'm posting what I'm posting because I'm afraid of folks ignorant to firearms making laws concerning my firearms.

I can't help but feel like there has to be give and take on the sides of the argument.

@ leewongfei - i'm terrified that you somehow convinced someone you're capable of responsible ownership of a gun. you're that stupid.

BTW, actually the argument is over when the topic loses steam. There is no congressional support for more gun control. Biden and co can make all the noise they want about it, it's not ****ing happening, at least not at the federal level through congressional means.

It's sad that the other side thinks that as long as they whine about something somebody is going to listen to them and eventually try to appease them.

- - - Updated - - -

I tell you right now I'm posting what I'm posting because I'm afraid of folks ignorant to firearms making laws concerning my firearms.

I can't help but feel like there has to be give and take on the sides of the argument.

Bullshit.

You're afraid of an awful lot...move to england and be a subject.

Says who?

And why can't change be the destruction of the BATFE, rollback of GCA and NFA, and constitutional carry for all? No, I don't think that's about to happen, but those are my opening demands.

You, statist troll, have rolled over before the fight has begun. Appeasement doesn't work.

You're afraid of an awful lot...move to england and be a subject.

he fits the bill of one of my posts in another thread:

the people from OP's article are goddamn fools.

blatant hoplophobes or somehow insecure with themselves, maybe even mentally unstable themselves where they fear an inanimate object, or they fear what they personally may or may not do in possession of one.

they all can **** off and go to hell.

@ leewongfei - i'm terrified that you somehow convinced someone you're capable of responsible ownership of a gun. you're that stupid.

Sounds like date-rape to me. She doesn't want to do it, you want to do it, so in your opinion forcing her to just give you a rusty handy in the back your Jetta is "fair"... Go away.

Eh?

“Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?”

**** giving "them" anything, except death or prison for violating our rights. They've already taken too much. WAY too much. Phone books full of gun laws (what we have now, state and federal) is way too much "give" for my taste, and it always has been.

-Mike

all of these things "can kill people, much faster than every other weapon". got it.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't possibly care any less if you think I'm a troll. Truly.

None of you want to hear the other side, just like the other side doesn't want to hear you.

Ever heard of impeding progress?

I smell a banning in 3.....2......1......

He actually used the word "progress". :- D

For the past 80 years (even longer if we go back to the first laws post Civil War), our side has been giving and giving. In the name of compromise we've given an inch here, a foot there, and a yard every now and then. Every time we've given, they've taken. Ever time we've given, it's had no effect on the crime it was meant to reduce, so they've demanded more. For every inch we give, they take a mile. Why should our side keep giving when they can't show any meaningful reduction in violence, even after all the compromises we've made.

yes, your car is registered and you proved you were capable of driving it years ago.

tell me more about your analogy.

Lets take the bear, out of keep and bear arms for a sec and go back to the analogy. I can buy a car, have it towed to my house, and drive it on my property without registering it, without having a drivers license, without having it inspected. I also don't need a background check . SO then if I don't carry a gun on my person, why do I need to register it, If I keep it for home defense? For the sake of your argument?

----------------------------

Well, conversation went long past this. this is what I get for trying to post at work between busy times... by the time I hit submit it is way too late.

Last edited:

So you're conceding that universal background checks won't prevent anything, yet you're still supporting it, why? Nothing sensible that our side proposes (reducing restrictions on ownership, keeping dangerous people off the street, etc) will ever be taken seriously. If you're plan to propose something to appease the antis, just look at history. Even gun control bills sponsored by the NRA have been nothing more than stepping stones used by the antis to progress their agenda.

Last edited:
Lets take the bear, out of keep and bear arms for a sec and go back to the analogy. I can buy a car, have it towed to my house, and drive it on my property without registering it, without having a drivers license, without having it inspected. I also don't need a background check . SO then if I don't carry a gun on my person, why do I need to register it, If I keep it for home defense? For the sake of your argument?

i didnt make the analogy, genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom