HERE WE GO - Biden gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't have a problem with those on face value. However, if we concede universal background checks, what will they be back asking for next week? The answer is "no" for anything the left asks for in relation to gun control.
+1 gov deval tried to get a 7 round limit, shows how far they can be trusted

i feel offended and less safe knowing that a.) i had to jump through hoops to become a gun owner and b.) goofballs can buy whatever they want @ gun shows.

hate to break it to you all, my fellow gun lovers.. but not every gun control legislation puts YOU at odds with the gov.

such as - full background checks at gunshows.

Universal background checks wouldn't be very effective as such a law relies on voluntary compliance. The next step after universal background checks would be universal registration, to make sure that a background check was being done for all firearms transfers. Universal registration inevitibly leads to confiscation.

hate to break it to you all, my fellow gun lovers.. but not every gun control legislation puts YOU at odds with the gov.

such as - full background checks at gunshows.

And the gun grabbers never give ground - ever. Sorry, I disagree. It's time for them to roll back some of the laws and restrictions already in place and recognize that a RIGHT of the people cannot be restricted.

Universal background checks wouldn't be very effective as such a law relies on voluntary compliance. The next step after universal background checks would be universal registration, to make sure that a background check was being done for all firearms transfers. Universal registration inevitibly leads to confiscation.

By constitutional law, criminals aren't subject to background checks. That's a violation of their 5th amendment. So, the only people who are legally bound to comply, are those of us who aren't criminals. The end result being, of course, that criminals still have access to guns. Because most of them aren't purchased legally in the first place. So, universal background checks accomplish absolutely nothing. and, a law that does nothing, shouldn't even be considered-never mind passed.

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

You ever bought a gun at a gun show?

This!

There was a guy next to me at a show in West Bridgewater last year trying to buy a bolt action .22 for his 10 year old grandson. I was waiting to buy my M&P 45 so I started shooting the s*** with him. He worked at woods hole and had some high security clearance. The guy at the table got off the phone with the Feds and had a funny look on his face. Needless to say he had to tell his grandson (who was standing with him) that they had to wait a week while the good ole ATF figured out who he was. Then he'd have to drive back up to Norton from the cape to pick up a $200 rifle. The kid didn't really understand and was bummed out. I wanted to hand him my M&P 45 and put that smile back on his face [smile]. I also wanted to kneel down, and say "Remember how you feel right now for the rest of your life, and blame it on the liberals". I restrained myself. [laugh]

lol i bet, citing which precedent?

let me guess, nazi germany & poland?

Russia, Australia, England, Japan along with many others.

You can even look to places like New York where people have to transfer or surrender firearms/magazines that were previously legally owned and registered due to the SAFE Act, and where door to door confiscation has been discussed.

Last edited:
Imagine a grandfather who wants to give a family shotgun to his 12-year-old grandson having to do a background check on his grandson before giving him the shotgun.
Or a friend having to do a background check on his lifetime best buddy before lending him a hunting rifle.
Or, if your mother had a prowler at her home, having to do a background check on your own Mom before you could give her one of your guns for protection.
That’s what “universal background checks” do. They turn traditional innocent conduct into a criminal offense. They target you, law-abiding gun owners.
Universal background checks are background checks on EVERY transfer, sale, purchase, trade, gift, rental, and loan of a firearm between any and all individuals.
All background checks must be conducted through a federally licensed dealer. (costing hard earned cash) Universal background checks have nothing to do with gun shows – they are about you.

• It is ALREADY a federal felony to be engaged in the business of buying and selling firearms and ammunition without having federal firearm dealers license.
  • It is ALREADY a crime for a federally licensed dealer to sell a gun without doing a background check – that’s all dealers, everywhere, including at retail stores, gun shows, flea markets or anywhere else.
  • Further, it is ALREADY a federal felony for any private person to sell, trade, give, lend, rent or transfer a gun to a person you know or should have known is not legally allowed to own, purchase or possess a firearm.
The penalty for selling a gun to a person who is a criminal, mentally ill, mentally incompetent, alcohol abuser or drug abuser is 10-year federal felony. That’s now, today, with no changes to the law.
It is even a federal felony to submit false information on a background check form for the purpose of purchasing a firearm.
Even so, according to a 2012 report to the Department of Justice, more than 72,000 people were turned down on a gun purchase in 2010 because they didn’t pass the background check. Yet, only 44 of those cases were prosecuted. Lastly background checks are pointless, because f*ck you.

even as a gun advocate, hate to say it but you're dangerous til you prove otherwise.

our court system is the opposite, but guns can kill people, much faster than every other weapon. you can't own one, til you prove you're capable of safe ownership.

Imagine a grandfather who wants to give a family shotgun to his 12-year-old grandson having to do a background check on his grandson before giving him the shotgun.
Or a friend having to do a background check on his lifetime best buddy before lending him a hunting rifle.
Or, if your mother had a prowler at her home, having to do a background check on your own Mom before you could give her one of your guns for protection.
That’s what “universal background checks” do. They turn traditional innocent conduct into a criminal offense. They target you, law-abiding gun owners.
Universal background checks are background checks on EVERY transfer, sale, purchase, trade, gift, rental, and loan of a firearm between any and all individuals.
All background checks must be conducted through a federally licensed dealer. (costing hard earned cash) Universal background checks have nothing to do with gun shows – they are about you.

• It is ALREADY a federal felony to be engaged in the business of buying and selling firearms and ammunition without having federal firearm dealers license.
  • It is ALREADY a crime for a federally licensed dealer to sell a gun without doing a background check – that’s all dealers, everywhere, including at retail stores, gun shows, flea markets or anywhere else.
  • Further, it is ALREADY a federal felony for any private person to sell, trade, give, lend, rent or transfer a gun to a person you know or should have known is not legally allowed to own, purchase or possess a firearm.
The penalty for selling a gun to a person who is a criminal, mentally ill, mentally incompetent, alcohol abuser or drug abuser is 10-year federal felony. That’s now, today, with no changes to the law.
It is even a federal felony to submit false information on a background check form for the purpose of purchasing a firearm.
Even so, according to a 2012 report to the Department of Justice, more than 72,000 people were turned down on a gun purchase in 2010 because they didn’t pass the background check. Yet, only 44 of those cases were prosecuted. Lastly background checks are pointless, because f*ck you.

Qft [/thread]

even as a gun advocate, hate to say it but you're dangerous til you prove otherwise.

our court system is the opposite, but guns can kill people. you can't own one, til you prove you can.

So can't my suburban. Care to tell me the difference?

our court system is the opposite, but guns can kill people, much faster than every other weapon. you can't own one, til you prove you're capable of safe ownership.

So can cars, bats, tree branches, glass bottles, fists, boots, rope, drills, spears, aircondtioners dropped out of a window the list goes on. But I can go buy any of those. Guns are in animate objects lose the fear.

Kingy, with a whole whooping 15 post and a liberal attitude.
Your a freaking troll dude.

Go find someplace else to sing your shit.

smitty

Maybe as a subject in a *archy or Dictatorship. But here in the good ol USA, you are innocent until proven guilty. Unless you'd like that to change? I don't have to prove shit to you or anyone else, until I've been charged with a crime...and even then I still don't, the state does.

And you Loooooove the state don't you? Hack.

So can cars, bats, tree branches, glass bottles, fists, boots, rope, drills, spears, aircondtioners dropped out of a window the list goes on. But I can go buy any of those. Guns are in animate objects lose the fear.

all of these things "can kill people, much faster than every other weapon". got it.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't possibly care any less if you think I'm a troll. Truly.

None of you want to hear the other side, just like the other side doesn't want to hear you.

Ever heard of impeding progress?

yes, your car is registered and you proved you were capable of driving it years ago.

tell me more about your analogy.

Capability and dangerousness are completely different things. He never had to prove he wasn't "dangerous" to drive the truck, just had to show he knew how.

So by getting a license that means I can't go ape s*** and run over a family of 4? Having a drivers license doesn't mean I'm not a criminal.... (I'm not a criminal BTW, Marsha...)

Just like having a gun license doesn't ensure I don't go ape s*** and kill a bunch of people. But because I'm a decent human being and a law abiding citizen I wouldn't do that.

This thread just took a fun turn..

I guess it's not okay to question status quo in America any more. Our founding fathers just rolled in their graves.

Here's some more wood for the fire - your .45acp or 50 bmg isn't going to stop the gov from impeding your rights if they so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom