• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HERE WE GO - Biden gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
WH announces VP Biden to deliver speech 1pm tomorrow on implementation of Pres Obama's executive actions to reduce gun violence

I will need to be sure I eat a light lunch so that I'm not tossing it up at 1pm

Hopefully he does a demo on the shotgun warning shots while looking in the barrel.

-Trolling via S3.-

Hmm. I wonder if this will be about data collection (read doctors as arms of the state) or import controls (read no more surplus ammo/guns/parts)? So much fun he can inflict on us.

I wonder if any will be aimed at the gang hangers doing 80% of the gun violence? [rolleyes]

Control and disarm loyal, flag waving, tax paying Americans while arming some faceless consortium of Islamic militants fighting against a moderate government which actually protects Christians and many other minorities. Makes perfect sense.

doesn't matter %90 of americUans support universal background checks. this figure is corroborated %73 of the time, and %41 of the %73 it works $20 of the time.

Hold on, did you remember to use the metric system? If not your off by a hole banana.
[banana]

Last edited:
Well we are all for less gun violence..however they will not reduce it by picking on the legal gun owners...WE are not the problem!!!!!!!
When will they get it?

WH announces VP Biden to deliver speech 1pm tomorrow on implementation of Pres Obama's executive actions to reduce gun violence

I will need to be sure I eat a light lunch so that I'm not tossing it up at 1pm

Well we are all for less gun violence..however they will not reduce it by picking on the legal gun owners...WE are not the problem!!!!!!!
When will they get it?

They do get it. They know full well what you said is true. It's about control.

Just become a Syrian rebel or a Mexican Cartel member, you won't have to worry about gun control.

They do get it. They know full well what you said is true. It's about control.

Just become a Syrian rebel or a Mexican Cartel member, you won't have to worry about gun control.

And if you play your cards right, the government will give you a rifle for free

Control and disarm loyal, flag waving, tax paying Americans while arming some faceless consortium of Islamic militants fighting against a moderate government which actually protects Christians and many other minorities. Makes perfect sense.

Don't forget to add the Mexican drug lords to the list of those being armed by this administration that looks to TAKE AWAY our god-given rights.

Executive orders don't mean a thing. They aren't law. They are applicable only to the branches of government. This is merely an attempt to get attention of all the scandals. Gun control is dead right now. There will be no introducing it during this session. Next session, they focus on reelection. This is smoke and mirrors, nothing more. An attempt to put the failure of the administration on the back burner.

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

Executive orders don't mean a thing. They aren't law. They are applicable only to the branches of government. This is merely an attempt to get attention of all the scandals. Gun control is dead right now. There will be no introducing it during this session. Next session, they focus on reelection. This is smoke and mirrors, nothing more. An attempt to put the failure of the administration on the back burner.

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp
This pretty much sums up my thoughts. The proposed executive orders that were circulated in January were pretty immaterial for the most part. yawn.......

When will they get it?

Get it strait, they don't want to reduce gun violence at all. They know full well that diarming the public, whether incrementally or completely, leads to higher violence and crime rates. That is what they want. They want the electorate to beg them for protection from the criminals. They want people to be demanding to pay much higher taxes for that protection. They want people to be willing to shred the constitution in the name of safty.

Don't believe me? Just look at the way they go about imposing (or trying to impose) gun control laws. Instead of having serious studies about methods that may have an effect on reducing violence, they ask special interest groups (Brady Campaign, MAIG, etc) what they thing should happen. They then take the most outrageous of these ideas and make a bill for it. When it fails to pass, they take a less outrageous idea and make a bill for that. They then push it through on the basis that they've compromised down from the previous bill and now it's the other side's turn to compromise.

If there were any interest in reducing violence, they'd start out by looking at who the typical victims of violence are. When talking about "gun violence" many of the victims have criminal/drug affiliations and it's because of those affiliations they are targeted. The vast majority of the remaining victims of violent crime are targeted for being perceived as weak and vulnerable. That's why women, the elderly, children, and gun free zones are typically targeted. The typical response would be to start "hardening" these targets, even if it's only with less-lethal means such as OC spray, tasers, stun guns, kubotans, etc, and the appropriate training to go with it.

hate to break it to you all, my fellow gun lovers.. but not every gun control legislation puts YOU at odds with the gov.

such as - full background checks at gunshows.

Ban of all imported guns and gun parts I bet.

And yes the timing is to move the spotlight and appease the gun grabbers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WIth the recall procedures in CO, and many states and officials being on our side (I'm sure for completely selfless reasons...Yeah, right), shotgun Joe and his Boss Nigeria Barry are well on their way to lead the democatic party into the next debacle. Let's just keep them diggin', I say.

hate to break it to you all, my fellow gun lovers.. but not every gun control legislation puts YOU at odds with the gov.

such as - full background checks at gunshows.

I personally don't have a problem with those on face value. However, if we concede universal background checks, what will they be back asking for next week? The answer is "no" for anything the left asks for in relation to gun control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom