Help!

With my upcoming birthday tomorrow I plan on purchasing my self a present! Currently I'm torn between the Springfield Armory XDM in .45 and the Glock 29. I have had the pleasure of shooting both (although only about 25 rounds with each) and have also read many reviews on both. If anyone on here owns either one can you give me a any suggestions please? Thanks for the help in advance [smile][smile]
[party]

I'd go with the XDM, based solely upon ammo. .45 is generally much easier to acquire and it is cheaper than 10mm.

I'd go with the XDM, based solely upon ammo. .45 is generally much easier to acquire and it is cheaper than 10mm.
Agreed, 45 is a tad cheaper and brass is all over the place if you reload. If you don't reload, you should, you'll save yourself a boatload, either that or shoot a heck of alot more.
Happy Birthday!!

Two years ago I was stuck between the Glock 21 and the XD45. I ended up with an XD40 to save a bit on ammo and it felt a lot better in my hand. Although I must admit, when I compared the XD45 to the Glock 21, my groupings with the 21 were much better...

Its your birthday. Get a full crate of Mosins.You only live once.

I'm going to throw out the idea of a Glock in .45, benefit of cheaper ammo than 10mm, I just got rid of my XD, nice gun but I think the Glock is a better design, heck try an M&P they are nice shooters and without the MA 10lb trigger they are nice guns too

don't go into 10mm unless you are reloading, the ammo cost will croak you, if you can find it.

I actually just bought a new Glock 30 back on April 28th. I love it and actually shoot better with that then the M&P I own(with a Derr trigger job on it). I haven't got into reloading yet, although I do want to learn and start but it just seems a bit overwhelming to me..

Thanks for the birthday wishes! My 'primary' residence is north of Marthas kingdom from September to mid May every year, so obtaining either isn't a issue!

Just an FYI to anyone else who may have two residences, any residency is adequate for the purchase of firearms as far as the ATF is concerned. If you had a weekend place in NH or CT you would be fine to purchase firearms in those two states.

I recently helped my brother in law, wholives *in New York city but has a weekend home in Connecticut get a residentConnecticut pistol permit.* He was thus able to legally purchase Glock in CT. If he had had his domicile (the proper legal term for primary residence) in MA there would be no law prohibiting him from lawfully bringing in that "unapproved" pistol.

Is it just me or does it seem like more and more people in MA are getting guns that are either not on the list or on the list but don't meet the AG standards post 1998?

Not at all. Just seems to be happening more and more compared to a few years ago. Believe me if this starts becoming the norm I'll be doing the happy dance.

Get both, or get a nice Kimber .45 crimpson ultra carry ll, better than those two together, is like shooting off your your fingers tips....

Back
Top Bottom