• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me I’m stooopid.

last 2c from me here will be this.... so, it depends of course of what is easier. but, if i would be fixing this - i have 4 lowers now what are all identical. only 1 is set for rifle tube, but works same as any other. in any moment i can swap any upper with any lower, and it will work fine.
so if i would be facing this issue - i would pull off gas block and swap it for an adjustable one first, but would keep lower intact on a same buffer as in all other lowers. but it is my situation, that may not be relevant.

This

I've used one for both rifle (5.56/.223 and some 308/7.62x51) and pistol cases (9mm and 45ACP) so far. You have to make sure to line it up properly before going to town on the case. But it works pretty well. I would typically run through cases while I'm either watching something, reading, or just looking to fill up time. Some cases refused to cooperate, but those few were easy to toss out. I ran a bunch of 9mm through that and then wet tumbled with solid results.

I've got one of those.. works fairly well. but if I have a lot, then I prefer using my single stage

Seriously a jig on a non spinning drill press might be pretty quick. Light leverage and easy. Using my press would suck for that task.
Anything quick to keep the case centered while a tapered punch opens the case. I can think of a few combinations.

You’re just trying to open up the neck, not resizing.

Negative. Federal bulk.

I purposely use factory ammo when I first shoot a new AR to eliminate my skinflint moron reloading quotient.
You might not be as stooopid as you claim, LOL. But damn, dem cases ugly. WTH is up with Federal?

As @Artie mentions, see if your ejector has both the spring and the o-ring. If yes, try ditching the o-ring.

Happen to have a different weight buffer and/or different buffer spring? Try swapping with those to see if it helps.

You might not be as stooopid as you claim, LOL. But damn, dem cases ugly. WTH is up with Federal?

As @Artie mentions, see if your ejector has both the spring and the o-ring. If yes, try ditching the o-ring.

Happen to have a different weight buffer and/or different buffer spring? Try swapping with those to see if it helps.

Beats me. I have boxes in my garage. Blame Federal or my garage. What do I care, I'm not looking to have sex with them. I love ugly cases. Reminds me of my twenties leaving the bar.

Came here for help on spent casings and I come away with a $40 decapping gun
Not too stupid though. They're $46 bucks at MidwayUSA...
and $58 bucks from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Not too stupid though. They're $46 bucks at MidwayUSA...

Wrong. Makes me more stooopid.

I’d rather pay midway the $46 plus $10 shipping instead of Amazon because I’m a Vista Outdoors stockholder yet I own no Amazon & ordered it there.

A wise man on this forum would classify this as punching myself in the dick.

Wrong. Makes me more stooopid.

I’d rather pay midway the $46 plus $10 shipping instead of Amazon because I’m a Vista Outdoors stockholder yet I own no Amazon & ordered it there.

A wise man on this forum would classify this as punching myself in the dick.

"Swing and a miss!"
Too late to cancel?

ezgif-3-e5a5153818.gif

Dude, don't fall for that headlight fluid nonsense. There's no such thing and they will laugh at you when you ask for it at the parts counter. Ask for blinker fluid.

And now because God hates me, my gaming PC from Origin decides to die.

Gonna be an expensive weekend. Awesome.

If you anneal the cases it doesn’t matter it’s just a little more inconvenient to de-prime them. If it was at 3:08 it would be less of a big deal. My HKs do a real number on brass compared to that.

It’s too bad we don’t have these nes shoots anymore.. My equipment just goes on used.. Well I’m not technically “missing” things… As the years go by you forget where you put your stuff..

And now because God hates me, my gaming PC from Origin decides to die.

Gonna be an expensive weekend. Awesome.
They, PCs don’t usually just ‘die’ die. Is it like total black and no boot, no sound no lights total nothing?

Awesome, get to buy a new gaming PC in the apex of the Putin supply chain fiasco.

No power to peripherals screams a motherboard problem?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom