• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me buy a glock

If you like the full size try the sig p226 mid size p229 you will be happy with both
I am on your camp, but i comes down to if one prefers striker fire or SA/DA.
I personally like the SA/DA because it gives me the safety of the DA and the light trigger of the SA.
It is not just one thing. The Hougue grips on my P226 are just perfect for me.
However, I can see the advantages of the Glock with their consistent trigger pull, reliability and lower bore axis.
But all of these can be overcome with practice.

I have one Glock. A gen 3 30SF.

1. Love the round (.45) - gun is reliable, reasonably accurate and recoil is manageable for range sessions
2. 9 round after market mags available
3. Magazine extensions for your little finger readily available
4. Conceals very well iwb appendix - for me it does anyway

I would go with the 19 it's easier to conceal carry which is hard to do with a G 17 and you can get 15 round pre bans.

Right now my Gen 4 G17 with large backstrap is one of my favorite pistols. The grip just fits my hand perfectly and the stock trigger is pretty good. I have recently installed a Glock - connector and a reduced power spring set.

I also have a NIB G19 gen 2 and it is a nice pistol as well, but I prefer the feel of the G17. I wouldn't carry either so that isn't even a consideration. I consider the Kahr PM9, Shield, or maybe a SIG p239 all much better carry pistols.

Chris

I have a gen4 G26 and a gen4 G21, which is the same frame size as the G17. That size is really too big for warm weather CC unless you're a really big guy who likes long shirts. As it has been mentioned, the G19 is a nice compromise between the two sizes. Whichever model you pick, I recommend getting a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 holster. It really minimizes the overall size of the weapon when you compare it to traditional holsters.

image-3178923379.jpg

Attachments

• image-3653611535.jpg
    image-3653611535.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 43
Don't let anyone tell you that you can't CC a G17. With a decent holster properly set up it can be done. I have a G17 with a Comp-Tac IWB. very comfrtable set up that hides the full size gun very well.

The one thing with Glocks is that they seem to multiply. So many options, aftermarket products and conversion barrels are everywhere. I love the idea of a 23 with a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barell and a couple pre-ban G19 mags....and after talking to another member here I am looking for a 9mm barell for my 27...see? They multiply, like gremlins!

Last edited:
+1 Here. I also have a 17 gen 4 and love it. Im 6'3 with large hands and I shoot it much better than i did with the 19. I could carry as I have a large frame, but have better guns suited for that purposed. For a range/HD pistol I think the 17 can't be beat. Throw a TRL light, a FML preban mag inside and you are good to go.

That being said the 19 is probably the best all around gun going.

I have one Glock. A gen 3 30SF.

1. Love the round (.45) - gun is reliable, reasonably accurate and recoil is manageable for range sessions
2. 9 round after market mags available
3. Magazine extensions for your little finger readily available
4. Conceals very well iwb appendix - for me it does anyway

^ this. I have a 30sf, carrys great & comfortable to shoot. If you go with a 9mm, I'd definitely get a 19. For an all around gun, its great.

All this talk about glocks makes me want a few! But being I am behind enemy lines (mass) I won't hold my breath..

I have shot a 17 and did find it a little big.

Another vote for a Glock 19. Great all round firearm and will undoubtedly fit all your needs CCW, Range, Home Defense.

Owned a Gen 2 and sold to finance a Gen 4 (wanted a rail). Only downside about owning Glocks in MA are the pre-ban mags seem to be going for $1,000 apiece nowadays :(

Another vote for a Glock 19. Great all round firearm and will undoubtedly fit all your needs CCW, Range, Home Defense. Owned a Gen 2 and sold to finance a Gen 4 (wanted a rail). Only downside about owning Glocks in MA are the pre-ban mags seem to be going for $1,000 apiece nowadays :(

I'll sell mine for $999. Great deal.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Another vote for the G19. I have a Gen 3 and it's easier to conceal than my Sig 229, though I generally prefer shooting my Sigs over the Glock.

17 gets my vote. With a good holster it conceals well even with a tshirt on me. My girl carries a 19 and it disappears. I don't get the love for the 26.

Back
Top Bottom