• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me buy a glock

19. great gun get a little bit of everything. still concealable, still get high capacity.

one thing I personally dont understand is people obsessed with the 26. it is the same width and barrel is not that much shorter then the 19. only smaller dimension is the grip. (which is too small for me) 19 grip fits right in my big hands fine, and you can carry 5 more in the mag.

the part that bothers me would be the width no the length of the handle.

Barrel Length can be a foot, still hides well, it's the Grip that you need to hide, I dont want to print,Hence is why i carry the G26 and XDS-9. I say all around the 19, I sold my Gen 2 17 because it was too big for me to carry IWB.

Only downside about owning Glocks in MA are the pre-ban mags seem to be going for $1,000 apiece nowadays :(

Check the classifieds, I sold 15 G19 preban mags a few weeks ago from $45-$55 each which is pretty darn reasonable IMO.

Chris

G33 with a g23 40 conversion barrel, and a g19 9 mm conversion barrel, shoot's great with the longer barrels. now you have a three caliber gun and will accept all size mags. Carry the 357 sig, and the 9, 40 for the range

I started with a 17, added a 26 and then doubled back for a 19. All solid guns, I love the 17 for home protection and shoot it best. The 19 just feels the best in my hand but I shoot it the worst of the 3 (obviously need more practice!). My 26 is dead on every time, but the short grip and figuring out what to do with your pinky isn't for everyone. It does conceal amazingly well in my Crossbreed. For all purpose if you're just looking for one, I'd say 19, 26 then 17.

...one thing I personally dont understand is people obsessed with the 26. it is the same width and barrel is not that much shorter then the 19. only smaller dimension is the grip. (which is too small for me) 19 grip fits right in my big hands fine, and you can carry 5 more in the mag. the part that bothers me would be the width no the length of the handle.

Try a gen4 G26 with the large backstraps and a full Pearce pinky extension. I have big hands and I love my G26.

Glock 30 and call it a day.

I got a 30 (not S or SF) and I love it. I couldn't be happier with it.

with that said -

Get the right holster and wear appropriate clothing and anything will disappear.

Any one like the 22

I have a G22 and I find it is way too big for concealed carry. it shoots as well as any other Glock, however.

I have a g30 that is awesome for CC. very small and shoots 45 very smoothly, shoots +p with no real increase in felt recoil. its my go to gun.

So I'm looking to sell some guns and then buy a glock I'm thinking the 17. But I would like to hear any pros or cons on other glocks. It will be used for a mix of things cc,range and home defense.

Realistic answer --- no one model is going to be "perfect" for all your intended purposes

For me Glocks only come to two calibers 9mm & .45 ACP. All models in those calibers are great.

G26 for CCW G34 for fun & G21 for HD.
I'd also consider a G36 for carry. (Been on the hit list)[wink]

Any one like the 22

22 is the same size as 17. Just a bigger caliber. It is not way to big its just longer.

IWB the muzzle of the full size does stick out a bit when your sitting. But in most cases its pretty easy to carry if your walking/upright.

If your gonna have just one for range and carry a 19/23/30. Would be your best bet. Just pick a caliber. The 30 is a little thicker but carries ok for most

Note also that you can make a simple barrel change and turn a 23 into a 19

Also note that theres a lot of people here that will steer you away from a 40 cal for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Glock 30s.

Pros: It's a 45

Cons: it's the only one I have and it's awesome!

Looking for 19 myself to replace my shield 9. Shot a 19 the other day and it's a sweet shooter.

Ma LTC-A
GOAL Member

Back
Top Bottom