• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me buy a glock

So I'm looking to sell some guns and then buy a glock I'm thinking the 17. But I would like to hear any pros or cons on other glocks. It will be used for a mix of things cc,range and home defense.

I would check out the 19.

IMO it will be easier to CC.

CONS, its not as pretty as a 1911

PROS, reliable, capacity, and Pre ban mags.

If you want something to carry go with the 19 over the 17. Just the right amount smaller, but still big enough to shoot well. And besides, Hickok45 likes the 19 over the 17 and he's got big mitts[smile]

IF your insisting on a Glock, go with the 19. Its as close to a do all pistol as your going to get.

That said, would you play golf with only one club??

I own several different Glocks. The G19 is the most versatile. Considering capacity, caliber & comfort this one gets a check mark for each.

For me the G17 is just too big. Does not fit my hand and I feel it to be just too awkward. For a full size gun, I like beretta 92 or USP...

I too feel the G19 does everything really well, and I think it is Glock's best all around size. And I still have a g26.

I say go with a 19 or maybe even a 26!

I have CC'd my G23 (same frame as the 19) and my G26. I almost exclusively carry the 26 these days and it is actually fun to shoot at the range.

Last edited:
I have a 26 for CC and a 21 for home defense. My cousins both have 19s. 19s are perfect if you want one Glock to cover all of your bases. If you're looking for a CC gun I'd recommend the 26 even though it is chunky. The width is a non-issue in my crossbreed, though. If you want a full size shooter then I would go with the 21. 13 round pre ban magazines and you can consolidate your ammo to .45 for both the 21 and your 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best all around Glock 9mm, IMHO, the 19. With that said, the 26 is the one with me most of the time when I leave the house. You can't go wrong with either one.

I keep on shooting both at MFS. On the fringes, the 17 might be a bit easier to shoot, but in general, once you get used to it, you will be as happy with the 19l.
You can go to MFS, rent range time and rent both the 19 and the 17 to try them out.
I still would not trade my SIG 226 for either, but that is just me. They are all good guns.

If you can't tell already, it's really a matter of personal opinion. A GLOCK is a GLOCK, for the most part you're just dealing with frame size and caliber. Some prefer the .40 over 9mm, others can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Some hands are better suited for a full sized frame, others prefer a compact or even a subcompact.

They're all going to perform essentially the same, and all things being equal the G19 is probably the most versatile, but it really comes down to how well you shoot them.

Back
Top Bottom