• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help: Full size or compact polymer help: Glock vs FN/CS/Walther/HK

100 sights.
30 slide release.
100 trigger.

That almost puts you in 1k range.
$100 sights
$25 minus connector
$0.25 for Flitz and a Q-tip.

Slide release is completely optional.

If you are paying $1,000 for a Glock you're getting ripped off.

Or you could buy yourself a CZ and then pay $250 in parts, dick around with it, and then send it to Cajun Customs to have them install the parts for another $100 (plus $100 in shipping), but that would be cheaper than a Glock. :rolleyes:

Buy what you want. I'm out.

If I could only have one, it would be a Glock MOS with Holosun SCS.

No need to spend money on sights since you’re never gonna run out of batteries. The gen 5 trigger is pretty good, no need to replace.

I can’t imagine carrying just 10 rounds, so preban availability is the most important factor. Glock prebans are easier to find than others.

Or get a gucci Glock, like the zev or shadow systems. If you’re on a budget, the shadow systems foundation series will be cheaper than a free state Glock with upgraded sights.

Last edited:
Having a hard time deciding what would be the right way to go for full-size polymer. Or maybe even compact. I would prefer to avoid endless customization and get something good out of the box. 19/17/49 needs too much work. CS P10C/F looks good. 509... PDP... HK... Help!

I vote for the PDP, if one of the versions fits your hand.

Personally I think its one of the best striker fired pistols made.

Ergo's are important but subjective, no one can tell you what will fit you best.

For me at least, triggers are not quite so subjective, there's good ones with a relatively light pull (~3lbs) and crisp break, then there's heavy (+6lbs), stacking, gritty, creepy, mushy, etc. About the only factory triggers I've tried on the usual striker suspects and found acceptable are the PDP and Canik and even those I play with to improve. Otherwise hammer/SAO stuff like 226/229 and 1911/2011's are the way to go. Even the high end DA/SA CZ's to me are lacking, much to my surprise and they're a pain and/or $'s to tune.
By my own standards, stock Glocks are pretty much bottom of the barrel triggers, even the cheapest clones are better.
I'm not nearly so picky when just wacking plates but when I slow down and try to achieve more precision, shitty triggers drive me nuts.
I can at least partially blame shooting bullseye for maybe too many years...

Ergo's are important but subjective, no one can tell you what will fit you best.

For me at least, triggers are not quite so subjective, there's good ones with a relatively light pull (~3lbs) and crisp break, then there's heavy (+6lbs), stacking, gritty, creepy, mushy, etc. About the only factory triggers I've tried on the usual striker suspects and found acceptable are the PDP and Canik and even those I play with to improve. Otherwise hammer/SAO stuff like 226/229 and 1911/2011's are the way to go. Even the high end DA/SA CZ's to me are lacking, much to my surprise and they're a pain and/or $'s to tune.
By my own standards, stock Glocks are pretty much bottom of the barrel triggers, even the cheapest clones are better.
I'm not nearly so picky when just wacking plates but when I slow down and try to achieve more precision, shitty triggers drive me nuts.
I can at least partially blame shooting bullseye for maybe too many years...
Stock M&P rubber band, even free state truggers are infinitely worse, lack of positive reset too. Hate them.

Smith could Advance themselves about 10 miles if they put that flat face shield max plus trigger in every one of those guns. Way better system.

Stock M&P rubber band, even free state truggers are infinitely worse, lack of positive reset too. Hate them.

Smith could Advance themselves about 10 miles if they put that flat face shield max plus trigger in every one of those guns. Way better system.
I'm sure there's plenty of misc stuff out there worse than Glock but I still tend to use them as my lower better/worse standard, probably due to how
consistent(-ly shitty) they are. I did recently get to play with a new G28 that for some reason had the best factory Glock trigger I've yet to encounter, so maybe there's hope.
I have a .45 shield that actually came with a surprisingly half decent trigger and I was able to mod it to be pretty nice, very short reset in particular.
365's I find funny in that the triggers mod well but have this weak/lame "twoink" release that makes it seem something must be wrong, still goes bang every time though.

SW only makes decisions based on numbers on a spreadsheet. Nothing else.

They don't take into account end user satisfaction = future sales.

To SW, it is about selling today for the lowest production cost.

As a business, I get it. But with the cost of some of those guns, charge people an additional $5, to reocup the $1 piece you are installing that the end use will have to pay $50 after market, and have happy customers.

That requires giving a f*ck, and SW ran out of f*cks a little over a decade ago.

SW only makes decisions based on numbers on a spreadsheet. Nothing else.

They don't take into account end user satisfaction = future sales.

To SW, it is about selling today for the lowest production cost.

As a business, I get it. But with the cost of some of those guns, charge people an additional $5, to reocup the $1 piece you are installing that the end use will have to pay $50 after market, and have happy customers.

That requires giving a f*ck, and SW ran out of f*cks a little over a decade ago.

Not sure I 100% agree with this. I'm digging the trigger on the Performance Center Shield EZ 2.0 .380 I ended up buying for my wife to shoot. It's a PC gun, so they added all the bells and whistles: ported barrel, day/night fiber/trit sights, cutouts on the slide, and of course a flat trigger. Very much improved overall from the stock Shield and even Shield EZ.

I think for instance, if someone wants all that "stock", S&W wants them to buy the PC version. If not, buy the cheaper version and upgrade it yourself. Keeps the price point competitive while still offering options to the market. Just my .02.

Like auto manufacturers, they offer bells and whistles, just not on the base model. I think this makes sense.

Not sure I 100% agree with this. I'm digging the trigger on the Performance Center Shield EZ 2.0 .380 I ended up buying for my wife to shoot. It's a PC gun, so they added all the bells and whistles: ported barrel, day/night fiber/trit sights, cutouts on the slide, and of course a flat trigger. Very much improved overall from the stock Shield and even Shield EZ.

I think for instance, if someone wants all that "stock", S&W wants them to buy the PC version. If not, buy the cheaper version and upgrade it yourself. Keeps the price point competitive while still offering options to the market. Just my .02.

Like auto manufacturers, they offer bells and whistles, just not on the base model. I think this makes sense.
Maybe they got it right with one gun. Maybe they are finally changing the way they do business.

SW is notorious for telling people they are paying for all this "performance" stuff and get nothing. Example: Almost every Performance Center gun. All they do is change the way the barrel looks, maybe add a rail and charge $500 more.

Last edited:
$100 sights
$25 minus connector
$0.25 for Flitz and a Q-tip.

Slide release is completely optional.

If you are paying $1,000 for a Glock you're getting ripped off.

Or you could buy yourself a CZ and then pay $250 in parts, dick around with it, and then send it to Cajun Customs to have them install the parts for another $100 (plus $100 in shipping), but that would be cheaper than a Glock. :rolleyes:

Buy what you want. I'm out.

My Canik came with all of that for $350, plus a holster and a spare mag. I'm at least 1000 rounds into it and it's a wonderful gun. Nothing compared to my buddy's 1911, but that gun is also worth more than my car.

I own a glock, and have shot a Sig Sauer p320 as well. I'd take the P320 trigger over my canik, although the take up is IMO way too light. I could also replace the trigger in my canik, but I want to get more proficient with it before I change things to make sure it isn't just me.

Dunning-Kruger level = 12 is people who quote Dunning-Kruger effect, thinking they actually understand what it is.
No I know what well what it is. It's pretty obvious in most of these validation seeking threads that the DK factor is on overdrive.

My favorite gun....I have Glocks, Sigs and an HK too. Oddly, I tend to prefer full size guns more than anything else. Sig really messed up when they discontinued the 2022 model....
Honestly if I was given a choice the 2022 is often better than most of the newer "stock" P series line. The triggers were usually much better out of the box for one thing.

Back
Top Bottom