• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help: Full size or compact polymer help: Glock vs FN/CS/Walther/HK

Having a hard time deciding what would be the right way to go for full-size polymer. Or maybe even compact. I would prefer to avoid endless customization and get something good out of the box. 19/17/49 needs too much work. CS P10C/F looks good. 509... PDP... HK... Help!

Intended purpose? Game gun? Nightstand? Daily carry?

Simple answer is what fits your hand/what you shoot well at price point you can afford.

I’m a 1911 fan but chose glocks as my daily everything platform because they are like Toyotas - run forever with minimal maintenance and spare parts are abundant.

as said above, rent different ones at a range.

Between the 43X, 19 and 17 it is hard to believe you can't get a good grip, but I know some people do not like the angle of the Glock grips.

Yes I know you said full sized, but if you are in MA and limited to 10 rounds it doesn't matter that a 43X won't take more than 10+1 without the use of an aftermarket Apex mag and mag release

I have yet to find a reason to modify a Glock, they are, again as said above, the Toyota of guns ( well before Toyota quality started slipping)

If a stock Glock is to utilitarian for you there are many Gucci guns out there to choose from, and a good gunsmith and enough money can make it into whatever you want it to be, short of full auto.

Having a hard time deciding what would be the right way to go for full-size polymer. Or maybe even compact. I would prefer to avoid endless customization and get something good out of the box. 19/17/49 needs too much work. CS P10C/F looks good. 509... PDP... HK... Help!
Whatever fits your hand the best and has natural point of aim.

For me, it is Glock.
HK are good, but when I bring the gun up, the front sight is always slightly to one side, where the Glock is perfect.

Also, Glock mags are cheap. But I prefer good fit and natural aim over mag price.

Canik is the other gun I shoot really well. From the first time I ever held one, I hit every plate on the rack. So a Canik is in my future.

What "work" do the Glocks need?
First, you need to take a soldering iron to the grips
Then, you've got to put in a $200 trigger
Next, real irons - maybe an optic.
[...]
Eventually, you're two grand in and still can't hit your target. Now, you have to take a bath flipping it to start over.

Did I mention, steel is real! Back to back world war winner has to count for something.

Was wondering exactly that?
First you gotta stipple it half drunk

Then a little drunken slide dremmel

Get blind drunk

The next day install a flat trigger to a #goodenough angle

New barrel

Make sure you dont buy the or version and send it in for 250 bones of milling

New sights bonus points if they are good enough

Undercut...also do when drunk

Marine cups

Here's the kicker

Sell on nes for a 400 dollar markup

First, you need to take a soldering iron to the grips
Then, you've got to put in a $200 trigger
Next, real irons - maybe an optic.
[...]
Eventually, you're two grand in and still can't hit your target. Now, you have to take a bath flipping it to start over.

Did I mention, steel is real! Back to back world war winner has to count for something.
Damn you just beat me

Damn you just beat me
High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

Whatever fits your hand the best and has natural point of aim.

For me, it is Glock.
HK are good, but when I bring the gun up, the front sight is always slightly to one side, where the Glock is perfect.

Also, Glock mags are cheap. But I prefer good fit and natural aim over mag price.

Canik is the other gun I shoot really well. From the first time I ever held one, I hit every plate on the rack. So a Canik is in my future.
Canik eh

Attachments

• itxWvM.gif
    itxWvM.gif
    962.2 KB · Views: 11
Don't forget Springfield. IMO if you're looking 'full size', the Hellcat Pro is a way better "Glock".

The obvious choice is to be gay and get a P30 or VP9 of some sort.

What "work" do the Glocks need?
Start with the trigger and the stock sights. Complete junk and the first thing to go. Hell, even Glock realized their stock triggers suck and started selling a better drop in replacement for Gen 5’s.

Only took 30 years and lots of aftermarket competition to figure it out. [rofl]

“Would you like some grit with that trigger?”

Yes, I have a 19 and a 17. Both have upgraded sights, triggers and a few other goodies. The sights and triggers were the only "must do".

Last edited:
First you gotta stipple it half drunk

Then a little drunken slide dremmel

Get blind drunk

The next day install a flat trigger to a #goodenough angle

New barrel

Make sure you dont buy the or version and send it in for 250 bones of milling

New sights bonus points if they are good enough

Undercut...also do when drunk

Marine cups

Here's the kicker

Sell on nes for a 400 dollar markup

Asked and answered.

Do you want to buy mine? .. I will sell it for the cost of a new Glock (free State prices).

I can't get used to the trigger pull.

Already have 2. You hate the dao right? Cant say i blame you, but ive managed to get it down. Ever measure pull weight? Ive handled some that stacked funny but mine is smooth as silk all the way yo break, its almost a surprise. Do you hate the 226 too?

I guess i love them so much because of how well oy fits my hand and super easy to control. Fast follow up shots, like a sewing machine.

I have no problem getting that first da shot on target, its deliberate but not slow.

Already have 2. You hate the dao right? Cant say i blame you, but ive managed to get it down. Ever measure pull weight? Ive handled some that stacked funny but mine is smooth as silk all the way yo break, its almost a surprise. Do you hate the 226 too?

I guess i love them so much because of how well oy fits my hand and super easy to control. Fast follow up shots, like a sewing machine.

I have no problem getting that first da shot on target, its deliberate but not slow.
Honestly i wish they could put the thin 226 trigger in them

I never minded them on the metal series but i don't like the 2022 much

1. Go to a range that has rentals.
2. Which one feels best in YOUR hands?
3. Can you shoot it well?
4. Buy that one.
5. Buy lots of Ammo and a dry-fire set-up.
6. Practice.

Too many great options. I love CZ, FN, Walther... And Sig

Back
Top Bottom