• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help, anyone in brockton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last week a guy i work with ( we will call him idiot) from the woods of Georgia was at a blizzard party in wakefield and lent his car to a friend of his friend to run to the store just as the storm started, 4 hours later he gets a text saying that the car was in an accident and abandoned in east boston. Idiot tells him to get the car back to wakefield in the next 2 hours or he is going to report it stolen and press any and all charges possible. At this point the travel ban is in effect and the guy stops responding to several different people at the party's texts or calls, so idiot calls boston police and reports the car stolen and gives all of the guys known info to them. Bpd also goes to the supposed location of the car in eastie and it is not there.
Fast forward to yesterday and idiot gets a text that the car is in brockton, brockton police told the idiot that they would not go by and see if the car is there " if we checked for yours, we would have to check for everyones" is what idiot was supposedly told.
I have more than a full day of work today or i would take the trip to look.
I am asking for help from anyone that may be around to see if the car is actually there. It very well could be buried in a snow bank too.
The details are
2011 black chevy cruze
In front of 478 parkview rd brocton
plate # 42gc23
idiot drives for uber and his car is his livelihood, hence the nickname.
Thanks for any and all help!
Sorry, posted in the wrong forum..

Last edited:
Are you sure you have the address right? I don't think there's a Parkview Rd in Brockton... there's a Parkview Lane, but there isn't a 478 on it, at least according to Google maps.

I think you mean Parkview Lane and luckily for him that is one of the nicer parts of Brockton.

Thank you guys for the responses, i am at work and only did a quick waze search for the address i gave you guys and didn't notice that it changed rd to ln and removed 478..

jdev if it is not too far for you to drive up that street, it would be greatly appreciated.

brockton police told the idiot that they would not go by and see if the car is there " if we checked for yours, we would have to check for everyones" is what idiot was supposedly told.

Uhh... Isn't that kinda their job... you know, investigate crimes and all

Uhhh...actually it's not, the police have a collective responsibility to protect society not a responsibility to protect the individual and this has been upheld by the courts on many occasions see: Warren v. District of Columbia, Gonzales v. Castle Rock et al.

Since your "friend" is the idiot, MYOB, no good deed goes unpunished and now you are getting NES involved. Chances are since he is an idiot, he will continue to learn nothing, and you will be bailing him out again when he jams up again, it's called enabling.

I can tell you never dealt with Brockton PD! They have a reputation to uphold.

Unless you are well connected politically there, if you call BPD to request that they do something they will more than likely hang up on you. Even if the car is found, reporting it to BPD will result in no action taken. That's just the way they are.

My Wife received a ticket in the Mail some 30 years ago, with no explanation. She called BPD to try to get info on what the ticket was for and they hung up on her TWICE! She finally had a lawyer friend check with the court to determine it was a speeding ticket from 9 months earlier.

A few years ago, I had some legal papers that had to be served on someone in a rehab clinic in Brockton. The clinic hung up on me after telling me that I couldn't do that. When I called a friend (police commissioner) he gave me a special phone number to call at BPD to arrange a meetup at the clinic, and he told me that if I called the dispatch number they would only hang up on me. The special number worked and they sent 2 officers to meet me and the clinic tried to prevent us from doing our job but that didn't work out for them.

I am asking for help from anyone that may be around to see if the car is actually there...
idiot drives for uber and his car is his livelihood, hence the nickname.

Ok, wait, I'm confused. If the car is the idiot's livelihood, wouldn't he get his ass down there himself? I would.

You say that this guy is a coworker, not a friend. Why would you help this guy out? He obviously isn't a great judge of character and it doesn't sound like you want to be in his circle of friends.

It looks like Parkview Ln in Brockton is a fairly new street, according to streetview on Google. Built within the last year or two. There is a Parkview Ln in Avon, right over the Brockton line. No number 478 on it as it's a little McMansion cul-de-sac. Any description of what the house is supposed to be like? I work in Avon, next to Brockton.

I was just there. Parkview ln doesn't exist yet. The Armiston st end is a fence and the Pratt st end is a sea of snow with a Volvo excavator in it.

There's no car on the nearby streets either.

Can you get a solid address?

Last edited:
I can tell you never dealt with Brockton PD! They have a reputation to uphold.

A friend of mine's wife was the victim of a hit and run accident in Brockton last year. She called 9-1-1 and was transferred to BPD. They took the information and apparently since there were no injuries and no tows needed, didn't bother to dispatch. She called two more times and nothing. THEN she called her nephew who is a Lt there. THAT got a response, but that's what it took. Otherwise she'd probably still be waiting for a cruiser.

- - - Updated - - -

I was just there. Parkhurst ln doesn't exist yet. The Armiston st end is a fence and the Pratt st end is a sea of snow with a Volvo excavator in it.

This has the makings of an epic NES thread. [smile]

Uhhh...actually it's not, the police have a collective responsibility to protect society not a responsibility to protect the individual and this has been upheld by the courts on many occasions see: Warren v. District of Columbia, Gonzales v. Castle Rock et al.

Yeah yeah, I'm well aware of that....

I mean, asking for individual police protection is one thing, but driving by to check a lead on a stolen vehicle? Give me a break.

I was just there. Parkhurst ln doesn't exist yet. The Armiston st end is a fence and the Pratt st end is a sea of snow with a Volvo excavator in it.

I will check out Parkview Ln in Avon tonight after I get out... only about 5 minutes away.

Treat your car like your toothbrush, You don't let anyone else use it.

I don't like giving the keys to the mechanic to fix it or get the oil changed.

Malodave

East Boston?

Brockton?

It's probably in pieces packed in a shipping container and headed for Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, etc by now.

So not entirely unrelated...how well does he do for himself driving for Uber? Always been curious about that.

Thanks again for the replies.
Mark056 i was unaware that the police would not do something like a drive by to check on the car. I certainly wouldn't have expected a cruiser to make a special trip, but maybe the area patrol car at their leisure swing by. You know, the serve part of protect and serve?!
As to your second paragraph i usaully don't concern myself with others idiotic behavior, but this guy is greener than grass from a long line of pig farmers from bumtuck,GA and figured since NES is such a big community, then maybe it was literally in someones neighbhorhood and would not put anyone out of their way.

I cannot help get him there or go myself til at least thursday or i would never have asked this community.
To all that suggested he take a cab/uber/etc, to get there, the price for a round trip from wakefield to brockton and back would be $100 plus and according to him the mbta website did not offer a way.

Gilham, yes i drive for uber, so technically the idiot and i are not "co-workers" as we all are independent contractors. We did work for the same company a couple years ago.

Len, I have had only one encounter with the brockton police and it was BAD! If we ever meet i will tell you.

I was just there. Parkview ln doesn't exist yet. The Armiston st end is a fence and the Pratt st end is a sea of snow with a Volvo excavator in it.

Thank you so much! I only have what the thief sent to the idiot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom