Help, anyone in brockton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ.

I would sooner ask help from a politician than i would NES after reading this thread.

Found it! Don't worry, the scratches should buff right out.
IMG_0360.jpg

Does the idiot get his truck back? Does the thief get caught? Is the truck still in one piece? Tune in next week for the final episode!

Christ.

I would sooner ask help from a politician than i would NES after reading this thread.

At least one guy, I think two, drove by and looked around. I think that is pretty good. What do you expect? The guy tried the government response approach and that resulted in even less action so...

I'm actually surprised anyone looked. What if they found the car and as they were checking it out, the cops rolled up? That would bring a lot of undue attention, maybe be labelled a vigilante. The Idiot should own up to his own stupididty and deal with it himself, not drag other people into his eff up. Its been said before... PSGWSP

I'm actually surprised anyone looked. What if they found the car and as they were checking it out, the cops rolled up? That would bring a lot of undue attention,

Simply looking at a car is illegal? News to me. Shit that means when I saw a nice Ferrari in Boston the other night (before all this snow fell) that I was guilty of some quadruple felony thing or something.

-Mike

For starters, with a bogus address given (non-existent) it's a waste of time for anyone to go "cruising" thinking they will spot the car. The idiot needs a real address to start with. Otherwise his local PD (or the PD where the car was stolen from) should enter it in LEAPS and a BOLO will go out by computer to all PDs in MA . . . still doesn't mean anyone will find it however.

Simply looking at a car is illegal? News to me. Shit that means when I saw a nice Ferrari in Boston the other night (before all this snow fell) that I was guilty of some quadruple felony thing or something.

-Mike

Was the nice Ferrari reported stolen and someone asked you to go find it?

I can think of an insurance company or two that would tell you to pound sand if you wanted reimbursement for a car that you gave someone else permission to use. Good luck.

I can think of an insurance company or two that would tell you to pound sand if you wanted reimbursement for a car that you gave someone else permission to use. Good luck.
I can tell you of someone who successfully sued two insurance companies last year and will not hesitate to take out the justiceboner if they tried to do shit like that again. Fight for your shit, if in doubt - sue.

Thanks again for the replies.
Mark056 i was unaware that the police would not do something like a drive by to check on the car. I certainly wouldn't have expected a cruiser to make a special trip, but maybe the area patrol car at their leisure swing by. You know, the serve part of protect and serve?!
As to your second paragraph i usaully don't concern myself with others idiotic behavior, but this guy is greener than grass from a long line of pig farmers from bumtuck,GA and figured since NES is such a big community, then maybe it was literally in someones neighbhorhood and would not put anyone out of their way.

I cannot help get him there or go myself til at least thursday or i would never have asked this community.
To all that suggested he take a cab/uber/etc, to get there, the price for a round trip from wakefield to brockton and back would be $100 plus and according to him the mbta website did not offer a way.

Gilham, yes i drive for uber, so technically the idiot and i are not "co-workers" as we all are independent contractors. We did work for the same company a couple years ago.

Len, I have had only one encounter with the brockton police and it was BAD! If we ever meet i will tell you.

Next time you call them tell them that the car was stolen just after you picked up a load of Donut for dunkin donuts.

Yeah hey OP, any update?

Not about the car but about you punching that guy in the nuts for me for wasting my time [smile]

Reactions: AHM
I'm actually surprised anyone looked. What if they found the car and as they were checking it out, the cops rolled up? That would bring a lot of undue attention, maybe be labelled a vigilante. The Idiot should own up to his own stupididty and deal with it himself, not drag other people into his eff up. Its been said before... PSGWSP
I simply asked for a drive by, something like " i drove by and saw pieces or parts of what may be a black chevy cruze buried in a snow bank", not a friggin 10 point tune up!
Anywho, sorry for the lack of update yesterday, i was crazy busy.
To answer some questions, yes, he signed a stolen car report with the boston police, according to him He let his onstar subscription lapse and to reactivate it he would need to hit the onstar button in the car, and they cannot/will not do a one time find or whatever for any amount of money he offered.
After i gave him the info someone here said about maybe that street being everett, he called everett pd and got a nice woman who did a plate search? For him and said that not only was the car not in any of their tow lots but that the plate has not been run since Dec and that was from getting pulled over in Brookline. I know nothing about such things, but shouldn't boston police have run the plate to see if it is in one of their tow yards? Or do they have other ways to check it?
no nut punch....YET!

So he didn't tell the cops who has the car? If he signed the stolen motor vehicle report with the police then he just lied on an official police form - the car wasn't stolen, he gave the keys to some knucklehead without establishing limits on the use of that vehicle. Hopefully nothing will come of this and he'll be all set but it could technically get him into hot water.

So he didn't tell the cops who has the car? If he signed the stolen motor vehicle report with the police then he just lied on an official police form - the car wasn't stolen, he gave the keys to some knucklehead without establishing limits on the use of that vehicle. Hopefully nothing will come of this and he'll be all set but it could technically get him into hot water.
He gave them the guys info and last known address.

I know nothing about such things, but shouldn't boston police have run the plate to see if it is in one of their tow yards? Or do they have other ways to check it?
no nut punch....YET!

Boston Police wont. He'll find out if its in a tow yard usually a week later, as they will let it sit for a week, then the tow yard will run the registration and send him a bill for the storage.

We had a work truck stolen from out front of one of our dealerships. Police put a BOLO on it, blah blah blah. Abandoned in East Boston on the side of the road, BPD had it towed to a tow yard, never ran plates or checked BOLO blah blah blah, got the truck back 2 weeks later when the bill showed up at the dealership for storage. And this was a company truck with our name, address, and phone number on the side of it. They are literally the worst.

Boston Police wont. He'll find out if its in a tow yard usually a week later, as they will let it sit for a week, then the tow yard will run the registration and send him a bill for the storage.

We had a work truck stolen from out front of one of our dealerships. Police put a BOLO on it, blah blah blah. Abandoned in East Boston on the side of the road, BPD had it towed to a tow yard, never ran plates or checked BOLO blah blah blah, got the truck back 2 weeks later when the bill showed up at the dealership for storage. And this was a company truck with our name, address, and phone number on the side of it. They are literally the worst.
Sounds about right.

That's not how it works. Not even close. If the story goes the way it's told, the car is stolen and the VICTIM , while stupid, is not in any trouble.

You can't borrow a car to go to the store then never come back with it. That is stealing a car. That's like taking a Car for a test drive then never coming back.

If you do get a bill for towing get it to the insurance agent / company. They should eat it as part of the claim depending on the policy in effect at the time of theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom