Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see the dealers band together to sue the AG. I would be willing to contribute towards that. They could also probably set up a go fund me page.

sorry but this is like walking off a smoking burning airplane and inquiring about what options there are for in-flight movie.

- - - Updated - - -

my assumption is the dealers will not sell anything except bolt, pump or lever....along those lines. unless of course the dealers all get together and refuse to comply (doubtful).

sorry but this is like walking off a smoking burning airplane and inquiring about what options there are for in-flight movie.
Well, the band did continue to play as the Titanic sank.

I would like to see the dealers band together to sue the AG. I would be willing to contribute towards that. They could also probably set up a go fund me page.
Although I am biased (as a board member), I believe that Comm2A has the expertise, connections, and ability to assure that any action is followed through to conclusion - something that is lacking in loose coalition of dealers.

my assumption is the dealers will not sell anything except bolt, pump or lever....along those lines. unless of course the dealers all get together and refuse to comply (doubtful).

I would guess (and this is a wild guess, but one I feel might be valid) that dealers will continue to sell the innocuous looking semi-automatics, like 10/22's and Marlin model 60's. Eventually someone on Healey's staff will dig up a picture of a 10/22 in "assault" configuration and she will immediately fire off letters to all state FFL's telling them they will be charged with felonies if they don't knock it off. Then we will be down to bolts, pumps and levers.

Well, the band did continue to play as the Titanic sank.

Although I am biased (as a board member), I believe that Comm2A has the expertise, connections, and ability to assure that any action is followed through to conclusion - something that is lacking in loose coalition of dealers.

Yeah but they can bankroll. And more (of the right) plaintiffs helps.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I would argue that the AG had no authority to do what she did, as such Baker can go ahead and tell FFL's to ignore it. I know I would 100%.

Baker? You mean the Baker who thinks it was appropriate to light the Zakim bridge purple for Prince's death (and rainbow for the LGBT community, etc).. but when asked about maybe lighting it blue to commemorate all the murdered cops said he "Doesn't wanna take sides on that issue" ??

That Charlie Baker?

semi auto pistols with 10 round magazines will be banned next?
.......we'll have to buy revolvers and speedloaders

They do share "basic operating systems" with the scary guns. You know, firing pins and such. That's what makes them so deadly. No citizen needs to have a firing pin. Or a striker. And since flintlocks are just knock off of firing pins we'll ban those, too.

There are several categories that need to be determined:

1. SBRs for which Form 4s are in progress, and are already at the MA dealer.

2. SBRs at the MA dealer that are fully paid, but the Form 4 has not been initiated.

3. New to MA SBRs, not yet paid for or delivered.

4. Since Form 1 is "manufacture", the AG might tell the ATF that a Form 1 would be in violation of MGL. It is not, however, manufacture of a new gun under state law, so it should be OK. But, that's what we thought about pre-ban AWs.

The AG has a offered to "assist" dealers. I have asked my dealer to contact the AG and find out her position regarding Form 4 transfer of SRBs that are fully paid at the dealer, but not yet approved for transfer by the feds.

I fall between 2 and 3. I fully paid for an SBR, its in process of being transferred to the dealer but, as far as i know, is not at the dealer yet. This is awesome.

Governor Baker does not and cannot control the AG.

I think everyone needs to be mindful about positioning and tone here - angry/upset/defiant "assault rifle" owners will not play well with the general public.

I think this will all come down to letting the courts decide.

Governor Baker was elected to represent us in this state. He needs to know about this bad stain on his shirt.

I agree with you about "assault weapons". This is about tyranny.

semi auto pistols with 10 round magazines will be banned next?
.......we'll have to buy revolvers and speedloaders

Read the statement--they already are.

A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate and is therefore a prohibited Assault weapon if it meets one or both of the following tests and is 1) a semiautomatic rifle or handgun that was manufactured or subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine, or 2) a semiautomatic shotgun.3

Seriously, what the hell are we going to do?
Every gun owner is incredibly ****ed, and there hasn't been any plan of action on our side.

Frosty Hold onto your shorts. This BS isn't 24 hrs old. I predict that by next week there will be a lawsuit filed against her. Give the legal eagles time to read the law and type something up to file in court. She didn't just wake up and spit this out before breakfast, this was planned and calculated. Notice she didn't give anybody a chance to file or transfer anything before it went into effect.

Baker? You mean the Baker who thinks it was appropriate to light the Zakim bridge purple for Prince's death (and rainbow for the LGBT community, etc).. but when asked about maybe lighting it blue to commemorate all the murdered cops said he "Doesn't wanna take sides on that issue" ??

That Charlie Baker?

I am sorry I an out of stater so I don't know much about Baker other than the fact that my dad who lives in MA voted for him and that he is Republican. I would think a republican would stand for the constitution. I guess I am wrong.

no you won't.

Your right because I can leave this crap hole and I plan on doing it. I just became a major felon in this state because of a hobby. But if before I leave they decide to come for me I'm not going quitely. F this crap I'm done with liberal utopias

Question, how does this effect the sale of stripped lowers?

Uncertain, as the AGs edict contradicts the actual law on this issue (frames are not even firearms under MGL, so how can they possibly be regulated by the AWB?) but I am betting most dealers are going to refuse transferring ANYTHING ar-related out of an abundance of caution until more is known. This bullshit only "appeared" yesterday, usually when there is some kind of anti gun maneuver there is a ramp up and lots of discussion, documentation, hearings, etc.

-Mike

That Charlie Baker?

Dats the same one.

I fall between 2 and 3. I fully paid for an SBR, its in process of being transferred to the dealer but, as far as i know, is not at the dealer yet. This is awesome.
I have a pre 94 lower on a form 1 now. 2.5 months in. Hopefully the ATF do their due diligence (lolz) and the pre94 status allows it to be approved.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You want to know what's really cool about the AG's new "guidance". Her position is that all these firearms were in fact illegally sold. But at this point she has elected not to prosecute - for now. That's great. But she's not the only DA in the state. What if an over zealous county DA - like Bristol County's Thomas Quin decides he wants to start issuing arrest warrants and queuing up no knock raids? This new "guidance" give him or any county DA all the authority he/she needs to do so. After all - we're all felons. It's only Mara's prosecutorial discretion that has thus far kept us from being rounded up. But that's a descretion that may not be shared by other District Attorneys.

Nothing short of an immediate injunction while the courts figure this out will do.

Read the statement--they already are.

A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate and is therefore a prohibited Assault weapon if it meets one or both of the following tests and is 1) a semiautomatic rifle or handgun that was manufactured or subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine, or 2) a semiautomatic shotgun.3

OK, in the name of sanity, her BS does say that the offending weapon has to meet either the similarity or interchangeability test and be a rifle or handgun that yadda yadda yadda. The question is whether handguns meet the similarity test. How far into la-la land is she willing to stretch "similarity"?

NY, MA And CA have gone full retard but I do believe they are just the first to fall... I'm in RI so this is way too close to home... At this point our only hope is electing Trump and hoping he keeps his promise and appoints pro-constitution justices and this gets dealt with in the courts...

Pre-Ban, I was told by someone today and am trying to find out the truth, Unless YOU bought the Pre-Ban AR before the ban it is not considered preban to you, you have to have personally owned it pre-ban for it to be considered such.
I am confused, I would think pre-ban is pre-ban, when the gun was made not when you personally acquired it, my buddy Ted has 3 pre-ban AR's and says if he sold one to me it would not be pre-ban to me because the purchase date would be post ban...

huh?

My head just exploded.

She can't regulate gun parts.

Maybe not, but she can threaten business owners with lawsuits they cannot afford to fight. When faced with the possibility of not being able to feed their families, most will fold up like a cheap suit. That is her goal, make no mistake about it. Totalitarianism is on its way in, and the rule of law on its way out.

What if an over zealous county DA - like Bristol County's Thomas Quin decides he wants to start issuing arrest warrants and queuing up no knock raids? This new "guidance" give him or any county DA all the authority he/she needs to do so. After all - we're all felons.

if this were to happen, i personally do not believe it will start until after the election.
if scumary wins, it will be because there will never be anything to stop them.
if trump wins, it will be because they will have very limited time to get as many guns as possible.

We all know that this "clarification" is bullshit. Time to use their own words against them.

Here's a David Linsky quote:

“In my view, the only difference between a legal, large capacity rifle and a grandfathered assault weapon or banned assault weapon are cosmetics, so in my view they will be treated the same.” (Metrowest Daily News, 1/17/2013).

Link: http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/article/20130117/News/301179922

Note that he's discussing the equivalence of:
1) MA Compliant rifles as being LEGAL
2) Grandfathered (pre-ban) as being LEGAL
3) Banned assault weapons (ie. 2 "bad features")

Of course this was back in the "gun club storage requirement" proposal. But he's explicitly stating that they are legal.

So, not even David Linsky held this opinion that "they were always illegal".

In the time it's taken for everyone here in this and other threads on this issue, to read thru and post stuff etc, if you add up all the combined time spent, hundreds of emails /texts/ calls etc etc could have been sent.
Instead everyone will log on to NES and bitch about not having the time to protest (etc l... Meanwhile I took a day off from work and was one of the FEW at the Wilmington public hearing a few years ago.

I'm holding off from posting/reading etc anything on NES immediately that doesn't concern this outright violation of my Constitutional rights and will only read and post about THIS issue, period. No funny pics, no sarcastic posts, no "other topics", no Trump stuff, no NES Karma "in" posts, etc etc etc.. and spending my time fighting this...
If people here think this isn't one of the most egregious unconstitutional despicable moves by the filthbags in power then you deserve to be disarmed.

And I'm giving even MORE of my weekly paycheck to Comm2A from this point forward. And I'm NOT wasting valuable time reading or posting to anything else, today and until this is overturned.

I'm 100% serious.

Now, tell me.... who's gonna join me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom