Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe private sales will be ok if you owned the rifle before today. She is trying to clear the shelves of gun stores... She clearly said: We recognize that most residents who purchased these guns in the past believed they were doing so legally, so this directive "will not apply to possession of guns purchased before Wednesday."
I surely hope this AG gets smacked down with this move...
Also>>>>Massachusetts Attorney General, Maura Healey, has issued an “Enforcement Notice” to firearm retailers throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts .....retailers..

Apologies if someone else has already brought this up. I did not have time to read all 206 pages (so far) of this discussion. It is a felony violation of federal law to conspire to deprive any person of rights provided by the Constitution or United States law. (18 USC 241).

I addition to this bulsh*t, Maura Healy is participating in legal action against Exxon and companies they work with because they do not share her belief in global warming. So she does not like the 1st Amendment as well as the 2nd.

Of course, nothing will happen to her with Obozo in office or if Shrillery wins. If Trump wins, she may need a lawyer of her own.

but despite what she said, look at the law that she wrote. It is clear it banned POSSESION of any post 1994. She may try to win over centrist and liberals who says "oh you're grandfathered in it's okay" but the law is the truth. We are screwed over.

This is the issue. Her viewpoint is that these guns were banned under the '94 law and therefore remain illegal today. She's letting us keep them for now, but clearly this isn't going to last as it undermines her whole argument.

This is the issue. Her viewpoint is that these guns were banned under the '94 law and therefore remain illegal today. She's letting us keep them for now, but clearly this isn't going to last as it undermines her whole argument.

Wonder if the Gov will smack some sense into her

I believe private sales will be ok if you owned the rifle before today. She is trying to clear the shelves of gun stores... She clearly said: We recognize that most residents who purchased these guns in the past believed they were doing so legally, so this directive "will not apply to possession of guns purchased before Wednesday."
I surely hope this AG gets smacked down with this move...

Not counting on it.

They've made people felons in Cali., NY, CT etc. What makes you think they wouldn't do it here. It's all about control. If they can get away with this they'll push for even more.

sorry but this is idiotic. Why on earth would they want to create a bunch of felons out of otherwise law abiding citizens?? This makes no sense whatsoever. You seriously think they said 'lets tell the gun stores its ok to sell what they have today so we can prosecute all the rubes who run out and buy one once I give the press conference'? It is a completely ridiculous premise with no logical thought behind it. What do they stand to gain by doing that?

Also>>>>Massachusetts Attorney General, Maura Healey, has issued an “Enforcement Notice” to firearm retailers throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts .....retailers..

Re-read the bottom of her notice. She plainly states that "possession" of post-1994 rifles is illegal under the law by her interpretation, but she is not going to enforce this for now. In a final P.S. she states that she reserves the right to change that interpretation in the future.

I'm out. There's no rational thought left in this thread anymore.

You have a severe case of normalcy bias.

0bama has been cooking this witches' brew for eight years and the Bolsheviks are now reaching for power.

This is not your father's USA.

Last edited:
No I don't think they see gun owners as an enemy. And again, even if they did, they aren't going to do some lame one-day entrapment scenario like this to get maybe 100 people? It would be blatantly entrapment and no jury would convict any of them. As I said, if they wanted to get "the enemy", they would have said we're coming after everyone who bought an AR after 1998. Its a far bigger harvest.

I think it was a realization that they sprung this on the shops at the last second and decided to give them a day to clear their stock. That or just simple incompetence/failure to proofread.
Yes, they do see you as the enemy. Guns are bad and you refuse to give up your high capacity child killing device.

Having direct access to the FA-10 information how quickly do you think they could come up with a list of 10,000 names that own evil black rifles? And then offer a plea to prohibited status.

No, they will stack the jury with non gun owners if you are brave and rich enough not to take a plea. Most non gun owners believe that the ban actually would work if every state would just comply

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Re-read the bottom of her notice. She plainly states that "possession" of post-1994 rifles is illegal under the law by her interpretation, but she is not going to enforce this for now. In a final P.S. she states that she reserves the right to change that interpretation in the future.

Exactly

I'd take those chances, that piece of shit has no place living with lawful, rational human beings.

Just drop the bitch in the middle of the forest. I mean deep. Let her own ignorance kill her over several days. By day 3, assuming she makes it that long, she'll be trying to channel her imaginary Native American ancestors...

And CA will follow..........We have the worst AG ever....

Also it is the job of the Office of Administrative law to interpret laws not the AG

Last edited:
sorry but this is idiotic. Why on earth would they want to create a bunch of felons out of otherwise law abiding citizens?? This makes no sense whatsoever. You seriously think they said 'lets tell the gun stores its ok to sell what they have today so we can prosecute all the rubes who run out and buy one once I give the press conference'? It is a completely ridiculous premise with no logical thought behind it. What do they stand to gain by doing that?

Are you really that stupid or are you just in complete denial of what is going on?

This thread has gotten hard to follow....

What is the general consensus about stripped lowers? eFA-10 or wait?

Nobody knows. Roll the dice, ask a magic 8 ball, whatever. The answer you get there will be just as valid as one you get right now.

so ive been digging into Baker not knowing this was going to happen and im calling BS..

On Niki Tsongas twitter page she posted a picture of a meeting with the governor and some military people for something last night and it looks like the AG is on the far right of the picture with the white blazer jacket she has on today at the press conference. when she announces her evil plan. If she was at a meeting last night with baker last night are you going to tell me that they didnt have a talk about this? BS

Here are the pics and let me know if im wrong i honestly could be 100% wrong and im ok with that. but i find it hard to believe he didnt know this was going to happen.

Link to Tsongas Pic------ https://twitter.com/nikiinthehouse/status/755476015011524608

and from today

https://twitter.com/MassAGO/status/755814715939586048?lang=en

No one person should have the power to restrict any constitutionally guaranteed rights, nor should the same person be able to make tens of thousands of people potentially felons with no due process.

Pissing all over the FFL's that are getting screwed by this is the WRONG thing to do.

Stop expecting everybody else to put up a fight and put one up yourself.

People had better get that thru their thick heads. PAIN NEEDS TO START GETTING INFLICTED.

What I mean by this is that gun owners need get down and dirty and serious - and start making people pay for what they support. If you've got a friend who thinks this is all just fine - cut them off COMPLETELY. Do you frequent a business that would support this - stop sending money to your enemies.

Until that level of resistance starts happening - then everybody is just a whiner and not serious.

People need to go back and see what happened when Zumbo came out against AR-15's a number of years ago. He got his ass handed to him ECONOMICALLY.

Exactly! Put your money where your mouth is. I have already cut off the bleeding hearts. I will not to be your friend or cordial to you if you are a libtard.

So the purchased before "Wednesday" wording means the dealer that sold me an AR first thing this morning committed a felony?

And you're a felon. Because unlike the handgun roster, possession is a crime.

Not sure why I'm listening to the press conference, it's making me sick.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom