Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my rep:
Thank you for your email. I appreciate your concern and have reached out to the AG for information on the action. So you understand, the AG is not attempting to add new guns to the list of weapons not allowed sold in Massachusetts. She is advising dealers that certain slightly modified assault weapons are still, in fact, assault weapons banned for sale. Legislation does ban the sale of assault weapons and the AG and EOPPPS have the authority to determine what weapons coming on the market fit that legislative description. Sellers of anything we ban are quite sophisticated at modifying the product in a way that takes the product outside the law that in fact are still in. We see it regularly with synthetic drugs that are killing our kids. I am hopeful you would agree that we should not allow a manufacturer to tweak an assault weapon to make it look different when it’s really a knock off.
Who? Out the quisling.

Last edited:
From my rep:

Thank you for your email. I appreciate your concern and have reached out to the AG for information on the action. So you understand, the AG is not attempting to add new guns to the list of weapons not allowed sold in Massachusetts. She is advising dealers that certain slightly modified assault weapons are still, in fact, assault weapons banned for sale. Legislation does ban the sale of assault weapons and the AG and EOPPPS have the authority to determine what weapons coming on the market fit that legislative description. Sellers of anything we ban are quite sophisticated at modifying the product in a way that takes the product outside the law that in fact are still in. We see it regularly with synthetic drugs that are killing our kids. I am hopeful you would agree that we should not allow a manufacturer to tweak an assault weapon to make it look different when it’s really a knock off.

holy shit

If she isn't held accountable, NH it will be. It sucks cause we just bought a house too. I can suck it up another couple years, I have a bunch of ARs and they aren't going ****ing anwywhere, but its mainly the principle. Id be less butt-hurt if this had been passed through the proper channels. We finally were listened to in 2013. And everyone was ****ing right, MA will find a way to **** us. SHOCKER.

I also learned a valuable lesson. Not to educate antis to try to bring them to our side. The kid I "dialouged" with at BC, I brought to the range, had him try out different guns, banned vs not banned, etc. He's now using that against us. From now on, I will discriminate on who I train, who I educate, and so fourth.

Mike

I've done the NH-run and I'm going to tell you to dig in and prepare. Don't even think about leaving - it's time to defend what is ours or yours.

do these *** bags read the laws they pass? The law specifically says 2 features. 2 the manufacturers are following MASS STATE LAW!!!! its like the dam headlight law. "Oh insurance going up was never suppose to be part of it" YOU WROTE IT INTO THE BILL!!!!

And the features were specified

I'm going to NH tomorrow and see if I can score anything in the usual places.

I've done the NH-run and I'm going to tell you to dig in and prepare. Don't even think about leaving - it's time to defend what is ours or yours.

I'm tired. I'm in law school. What I have learned so far, the entire ****ing system down to the courts are rigged. Digging in means shit. I'll bounce somewhere where at least I can keep my blood pressure down. If/When they play the confiscation game, they can come and ****ing take them. I've fought for less.

Mike

Maura Healy has declared WAR against the People, and the 2A. In the spring of 1775, King George dictated the removal of all powder and firearms from the Colonists. British soldiers were summarily shot in the face.

Are we facing a Spring of 1775?...

[h=3]is there a way we can circumvent this?

Guidance:[/h]A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate and is therefore a prohibited Assault weapon if it meets one or both of the following tests and is 1) a semiautomatic rifle or handgun that was manufactured or subsequently configured with an ability to accept a detachable magazine, or 2) a semiautomatic shotgun.3

1. Similarity Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if its internal functional components are substantially similar in construction and configuration to those of an Enumerated Weapon. Under this test, a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate, for example, if the operating system and firing mechanism of the weapon are based on or otherwise substantially similar to one of the Enumerated Weapons.
  2. Interchangeability Test: A weapon is a Copy or Duplicate if it has a receiver that is the same as or interchangeable with the receiver of an Enumerated Weapon. A receiver will be treated as the same as or interchangeable with the receiver on an Enumerated Weapon if it includes or accepts two or more operating components that are the same as or interchangeable with those of an Enumerated Weapon. Such operating components may include, but are not limited to: 1) the trigger assembly; 2) the bolt carrier or bolt carrier group; 3) the charging handle; 4) the extractor or extractor assembly; or 5) the magazine port.
If a weapon meets one of the above tests, it is a Copy or Duplicate (and therefore a prohibited Assault weapon), even if it is marketed as “state compliant” or “Massachusetts compliant.”
The fact that a weapon is or has been marketed by the manufacturer on the basis that it is the same as or substantially similar to one or more Enumerated Weapons will be relevant to identifying whether the weapon is a Copy or Duplicate (and therefore a prohibited Assault weapon) under the applicable test(s).
Under Section 121, the Features Test in the former 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) remains an independent basis for qualification as an Assault weapon.

If a weapon, as manufactured or originally assembled, is a Copy or Duplicate under one or both of the applicable tests, it remains a prohibited Assault weapon even if it is altered by the seller. Therefore, a Copy or Duplicate will be treated as an Assault weapon even if it is altered, for example, by pinning the folding or telescoping stock in a fixed position, by removing the pistol grip, by removing a bayonet mount or flash suppressor, or by preventing the weapon from accepting a detachable magazine.
Purely cosmetic similarities to an Enumerated Weapon, such as finish, appearance, or shape of the stock, or appearance or shape of the rail, will not be treated as relevant to a determination of whether a weapon is a Copy or Duplicate.

I have listened to these people talk, you can hear the condecension and derision in every word they say. I have read their articles, you can read it in everything they write. People like Healey, rosenthal, schumer, feinstein, Chang-diaz, shannon watts, Seth Moulton, Liz Warren, Shaheen, Hassan, etc, they all hate us and despise us because we own guns.

They hate us because we represent freedom. They are looking for sheep to shear and milk.

I'm tired. I'm in law school. What I have learned so far, the entire ****ing system down to the courts are rigged. Digging in means shit. I'll bounce somewhere where at least I can keep my blood pressure down. If/When they play the confiscation game, they can come and ****ing take them. I've fought for less.

Mike

Then you are lost and my work here is done.

from her face book page

"We're here to celebrate a tremendous victory for civil rights and for the people of Massachusetts. Today, we make clear that, in Massachusetts, everyone is welcome!"

what a load.

FMH

If she isn't held accountable, NH it will be. It sucks cause we just bought a house too. I can suck it up another couple years, I have a bunch of ARs and they aren't going ****ing anwywhere, but its mainly the principle. Id be less butt-hurt if this had been passed through the proper channels. We finally were listened to in 2013. And everyone was ****ing right, MA will find a way to **** us. SHOCKER.

I also learned a valuable lesson. Not to educate antis to try to bring them to our side. The kid I "dialouged" with at BC, I brought to the range, had him try out different guns, banned vs not banned, etc. He's now using that against us. From now on, I will discriminate on who I train, who I educate, and so fourth.

Mike

Good decision!!

An anti with no "skin in the game" is one of the greatest liabilities that any gun owner could ever introduce into their life.

From my rep:

Yeah...since when did law abiding folks feed drugs to kids?

Just got through. Told the aide the AG's letter amounts to retroactive lawmaking that is forbidden by Article 1, Section 10 of the Constitution and to please pass that message on to the Governor. He said he would.

I just read article 1 section 10 and i don't see this spelled out. I see a limiting of states powers by the federal gov but nothing about retroactive lawmaking. Can you elaborate?

She is a traitor and needs to be relieved of her position she violated my rights today. Along with my fellow brothers and sisters rights. Douche.

Then you are lost and my work here is done.

Dude I've been a huge proponent of digging in, fighting it, etc for a while. And as long as I'm in the region I'll do my part. I said the same thing to people in 2013. And I was ****ing right. We stopped any insanity from taking place. But whats the ****ing point of the AG will just write her own ****ing laws? I'll be doing my part to fight this. But the system is completely rigged against us here, and I just want it out of my life. I want fighting it to be on behalf of my friends still stuck in the state, but I want to go to sleep at night with my cans, SBRs, PMAGs, etc, and bring the to the ****ing range to. And not have to worry about prosecution, being disbarred, losing my family and livlihood, etc.

There is more than just this issue that makes me want to pop smoke from this state. Paying ever increasing "temporary sales tax increases," paying close to a grand in excise tax 3 months later. Everything being illegal. Deep rooted corruption. No mountains or wilderness nearby. Insane property prices. Done.

Mike

sorry but this is idiotic. Why on earth would they want to create a bunch of felons out of otherwise law abiding citizens?? This makes no sense whatsoever. You seriously think they said 'lets tell the gun stores its ok to sell what they have today so we can prosecute all the rubes who run out and buy one once I give the press conference'? It is a completely ridiculous premise with no logical thought behind it. What do they stand to gain by doing that?

You're new here aren't you......

Dude I've been a huge proponent of digging in, fighting it, etc for a while. And as long as I'm in the region I'll do my part. I said the same thing to people in 2013. And I was ****ing right. We stopped any insanity from taking place. But whats the ****ing point of the AG will just write her own ****ing laws? I'll be doing my part to fight this. But the system is completely rigged against us here, and I just want it out of my life. I want fighting it to be on behalf of my friends still stuck in the state, but I want to go to sleep at night with my cans, SBRs, PMAGs, etc, and bring the to the ****ing range to. And not have to worry about prosecution, being disbarred, losing my family and livlihood, etc.

There is more than just this issue that makes me want to pop smoke from this state. Paying ever increasing "temporary sales tax increases," paying close to a grand in excise tax 3 months later. Everything being illegal. Deep rooted corruption. No mountains or wilderness nearby. Insane property prices. Done.

Mike

You have a point that the system is rigged - Healy's wife is a Massachusetts Appeals Court Judge - how do you think this will play out if it should make it that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom