Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't certified because the U.S. Mail is deemed as reliable.

Never heard of anyone getting a certified notice of LTC or drivers license renewal.....that carries the weight of law.

I send everything to the state certified return receipt. It's important to me that I can prove they got it.

ETA: The state can jam you up whether you got the letter or not.

Last edited:
You change the field by controlling the entire situation.
If this doesn't get fixed in the legislature ASAP, which I'm still hoping for, it will come down to a test case. And if we want to be sure of a win the case needs to be created very carefully.

First we need a Champion. Someone to buy one of the newly affected guns. This person will, at least temporarily, lose their ability to possess and any guns they own will be confiscated. So it's best if this person doesn't really want to personally have a gun. They also need to be squeaky clean. And assuming comm2a and/or the NRA (ya right) the champion must be a member before buying (establishes standing).

We also need an FFL willing to sell. Since this will likely close them down, at least temporarily, it would be best if it was one that is closing anyway. Or a new dealer can be created, but this would take longer. Either way, they also need to be squeaky clean.

Then we do the sale. Widely publicized with a rally at the shop and hopefully press coverage. A clear civil disobedience event.

At this point the AG can prosecute or not. But it doesn't even have to be the AG. A friendly DA could prosecute based on the AG's guidance. In fact a friendly DA could make a big difference since how well the case is presented could affect the outcome.

Then the case is won or lost and appealed until it is won.

All this takes is a couple volunteers that are OK with a night in jail and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To be most effective I'd say this person needs to be a "pillar of the community": a state rep, a minister, a mayor of a bigger city, a celebrity, etc.

Maybe I'll swing by James Taylor's house tonight and see if he's willing. [rofl]

To be most effective I'd say this person needs to be a "pillar of the community": a state rep, a minister, a mayor of a bigger city, a celebrity, etc.

Maybe I'll swing by James Taylor's house tonight and see if he's willing. [rofl]

This would at least keep the champion from having to spend a couple days in jail and would help get more press coverage.

Finding a willing dealer might be more difficult.

This would at least keep the champion from having to spend a couple days in jail and would help get more press coverage.

Finding a willing dealer might be more difficult.

This guy did something similar to get the fight against Real ID into the legal system. He publicly stated that his license expired and he was going to drive without a license until arrested. IIRC it took years to finally arrest him. To be honest, I haven't kept up on the story to know how it turned out, so maybe he's in Gitmo and is not a good example :).

Gun sales need to go through the roof. We need to clean out the MA FFL's and expect that they get more guns in to satisfy the demand.

Set records that the press and Healey can't ignore.
Great idea, but....Are you offering zero percent financing? A .gov voucher entitlement program?.....
I'd buy an A/R every week (or a couple of preban Glocks per month) if they didn't cost half - or more - of my monthly mortgage payment...

Just sayin'

U.S. gun sales will go up anyway. Once Trump is elected we will not need to watch that indicator anymore.

Instead of spending your money on something which may be illegal soon, I would rather use that money to support those who can fight for us. It is an absolute disgrace that GOAL has 5 people!!!
WTF?
This.
What percentage of MA gun owners belong to and $upport GOAL?...Comm2A?...

This.
What percentage of MA gun owners belong to and $upport GOAL?...Comm2A?...

Not sure, I got my life membership somewhere in the early 2000's. donate more when I can.

Have to admit I send them more than Comm2A. No real reason for that, I think I just think of it more when I have a few extra bucks.

Jim Wallace on NRA NEWS just said that Healey has sent demand letters to gun manufacturers demanding their customer lists and lists of any person who sent a gun to them to be worked on!

This is big.

If Healy's interpretation is correct, where were these 5 morons?

If Healy's interpretation is correct, this law would have NEVER passed Congress in 1994!

This is an EPIC bait and switch. EVERY gun owner in the US should be following this closely and NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER support ANY type of weapons bans EVER!! The AWB was just a foot in the door to total confiscation! In MA, the '98 laws in general have begun confiscation with the suitability standards.

The last five that did not try to create their own law.

Jim Wallace on NRA NEWS just said that Healey has sent demand letters to gun manufacturers demanding their customer lists and lists of any person who sent a gun to them to be worked on!

This is big.

JFC
I just called Naughton's office and left a voice mail about this.
I can't see any of them co-operating with her, but WTF is she trying to pull?
There is no way this is legal.

First we need a Champion. Someone to buy one of the newly affected guns. This person will, at least temporarily, lose their ability to possess and any guns they own will be confiscated. So it's best if this person doesn't really want to personally have a gun. They also need to be squeaky clean. And assuming comm2a and/or the NRA (ya right) the champion must be a member before buying (establishes standing).
They also have to risk the severe punishment they will receive if convicted for refusing the plea bargain that will be offered, and have enough balls to say "go to trial" when the attorney says "no prison time with the deal; a certainty the state will recommend prison time if you roll the dice and lose".

JFC

HAve you been following the Exxon bs? She, along with the AG's for a Fascist Future, sent them subpoenas for over 40 years of internal records so they can go trolling for evidence that maybe Exxon 'knew about global warming' and tried to cover it up. Apparently the oil companies are in it with the Pentavirate.

JFC

They have FA-10 info already so not sure what the point is.

Edit: planning a massive lawsuit and compiling a list of "witnesses"?
I must say, this is big. Not going after some pathetic rednecks like us, going after the Big Evil Gun Makers. If Hillary wins - US AG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom