Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far be it that the Democrat AG would lie and or set up the Republican Governor.

Went something like this, " Hi Charlie Maura here, Can I clarify a law? Yes, Ok thanks."
Good point. The fact it happened on RNC week and a week before DNC wasn't a coincidence, either.

The problem for her is that she's fighting blind. She doesn't know anyone who objects to this, and on what grounds. I suspect she was surprised at the blowback, in particular the letter from legislators.

I'm emphasizing to Legislators, "You make the laws, and she is usurping your authority."

You change the field by controlling the entire situation.
If this doesn't get fixed in the legislature ASAP, which I'm still hoping for, it will come down to a test case. And if we want to be sure of a win the case needs to be created very carefully.

First we need a Champion. Someone to buy one of the newly affected guns. This person will, at least temporarily, lose their ability to possess and any guns they own will be confiscated. So it's best if this person doesn't really want to personally have a gun. They also need to be squeaky clean. And assuming comm2a and/or the NRA (ya right) the champion must be a member before buying (establishes standing).

We also need an FFL willing to sell. Since this will likely close them down, at least temporarily, it would be best if it was one that is closing anyway. Or a new dealer can be created, but this would take longer. Either way, they also need to be squeaky clean.

Then we do the sale. Widely publicized with a rally at the shop and hopefully press coverage. A clear civil disobedience event.

At this point the AG can prosecute or not. But it doesn't even have to be the AG. A friendly DA could prosecute based on the AG's guidance. In fact a friendly DA could make a big difference since how well the case is presented could affect the outcome.

Then the case is won or lost and appealed until it is won.

All this takes is a couple volunteers that are OK with a night in jail and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This^^^^. This guy gets it.

5 AG's are supporting her, a herald statehouse reporter just tweeted.

In unified front, last 5 AG's release statement backing @MassAGO's copycat assault ban as "lawful," "consistent" with duties. Story to come

Nor her partner, a sitting judge:

wolohojian147.jpg

As I read the article, Justice Wolohojian allowed her lover, Healey, to operate a campaign headquarters out of her (the judge's) home. Gabrielle is not allowed (per the code of judicial conduct) to even have a campaign sign on the lawn, never mind a closet full of them.

How many more laws will Healey and her cronies break before they go down?

First unattractive Armenian woman I've come across.

In unified front, last 5 AG's release statement backing @MassAGO's copycat assault ban as "lawful," "consistent" with duties. Story to come
There's a shocker.... "AG Lives Matter." "AG's are Friends, Not Food."

There's also the political game of this...there's a "thinking of leaving MA" thread on NES now (again) on NES....every time we get another sh*t sandwich from a governor/speaker/committee/Attorney General/etc etc etc, there's always the several "fed up/this is it/this is the final straw/etc" comments from MA gun owners stating their intent to move. And I swear, part of the mustachioed little ManGirl's intent (as well as Coakley's, DeLeo's, etc) is to get "us" to be "fed up" and get the eff out of here.

I also notice that each and every time this sh*t goes down, MANY of the louder, stronger "go time" planners on NES and "Molon Labe"/"From my cold dead hands" types here are ready to just "Pack up and get the f*ck outta here", even though we all KNOW this is their (the ma.gov) game strategy/their plan/their mindset, etc....And while I share the "I hate this state!" sentiment, I'm also one of the ones who simply cannot move, for many previously stated reasons on NES, and am determined to "stand and fight" this sh*t every time... I don't want to, I'm just as sick and f*cking tired of this sh*t as anyone, but to me, part of their endgame is to get as many of us "probably republican voters anyways" to just either take a long walk on a short pier, or take a long drive with a U-Haul
attached to the rear of the pickup, and take our annoyingly evil LTCs, pistols, rifles AND POLITICS with us as we are "Entering NH/Live Free Or Die". There are several posts in the "I'm out!!" thread that have "Molon Labe" or Thomas Jefferson/Thomas Paine etc quotes as past their "signature" on all their posts. Then the AG wakes up with PMS one day, rips out/spits out venom toward semi-auto's and the Ryder Rental Truck place on Route 1 is suddenly jammed with reservations and "Granite State Realty" or whatever can barely even hang up the phone and it's ringing again. Great, that's great....What happened to "standing and fighting"?????????

I want to (and will, since I have to stay) fight these despicable turds tooth and nail to my "symbolic" last breath, with my banned rifle and Glocks in my hands. It would be nice if some of the "Eff this I'm outta this pisshole" types would do the same, as they'd proudly stated they would when "Go time arrives", etc etc etc.

Etc.

there is no way i am retreating from my home to another state cause of some "guidance" from this canoe cvnt...if you keep running away sooner or later it will catch up to you anyway

Let guess at the other 5 AGs:

1. CT
2. NY
3. CA
4. MD
5. DE

They are the former MA AG's. It should come as no surprise that statists agree with each other on quashing liberty. It begs the question, though: If they all think this is okay, and within her power, why did they not come up with this interpretation themselves? And then: Who gives a f*** what any of these people think? It ads no credibility to the decision unless you are inclined not to question it anyway.

Order more wood.

Last edited:

I wonder how many of them are thinking to themselves... 'Gee, I wish I had thought of that' ?

5 former AGs back Healey on new gun ban

The past five state attorneys general are rallying to Maura Healey’s defense amid controversy over the top prosecutor’s newly announced ban on copycat assault weapons, in a rare show of unity designed to showcase their “full confidence” in her and dismiss accusations that she overstepped her authority.

The unified front — detailed in a five-paragraph statement — follows a flood of criticism from Gov. Charlie Baker and some Democrats in the legislature who criticized what they described as a confusing enforcement notice and, in some cases, accused Healey of overreaching legally

Citing mass shootings in Newtown, Conn., and more recently, Orlando, Fla., the five AGs — all Democrats — said the “scale of this crisis demands bold action,” adding that Healey’s actions are both lawful and “consistent” with the duties of the office.

“(The) Attorney General has acted within her authority to stop the sale of illegal assault weapons in Massachusetts and give our residents the full protection of our laws,” the AG’s said in their statement. “She is not exceeding her authority — she is exercising it. And she has our thanks.”

The open letter — signed by Francis Bellotti, James Shannon, Scott Harshbarger, Tom Reilly and Martha Coakley — was released through Corey Welford, a former adviser to Healey and her most recent predecessors, Coakley and Reilly.

It marks a rare, possibly unprecedented, coordination by former office holders spanning four decades: Bellotti first took office in 1975, and Coakley left in 2015 after two terms.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/07/5_former_ags_back_healey_on_new_gun_ban

I wonder how many of them are thinking to themselves... 'Gee, I wish I had thought of that' ?

Sickening. Did the previous 3 AG's that were in office during the Assault Weapons Ban say why neither they nor ANY of the 50 state AG's, nor ANY of the US Attorney Generals, nor ANY of the BATF-E directors interpreted this law over the last 22 years as creatively as Ms. Healey has? Boston Hearald....maybe the Herald should ask that little question.

It sounds more like Coakley & the previous 5 AG's supporting their fellow crony.
Well, no mater who the 5 are.
They have just outed themselves as being to stupid to understand the existing laws irt chapter 140 .
the genius queen is the only one not out of step, but it's the dozens of eops, atf, and every Solon in the last 22 years. [rolleyes]

She refuses to clarify what "these kinds of guns" are because she says it is clear. This may not be "all" semi auto's: All there needs to be is a single semi auto not banned (SKS, Garand, etc.) and it is not "all". In reality all she issued was guidance. If she did not re-write the law (by her own admission) then her "tests" have no force of law. This is nothing but bluster and bullshit designed to intimidate law abiding citizens and merchants. And its working.
And like I said above with regard to MA citizens, I'd also be willing to bet that 95 percent of all the shops who willingly comply (complied) with Marmaduke's "letter" also sell "Molon Labe" or "Stand and Fight" shirts/hats in their shops...(right next to the racks of "From My Cold Dead Hands" and "Sic Semper Tyrranis" T-Shirts).....

5 washed up has-beens. That's a ringing endorsement.

If Healy's interpretation is correct, where were these 5 morons?

If Healy's interpretation is correct, this law would have NEVER passed Congress in 1994!

This is an EPIC bait and switch. EVERY gun owner in the US should be following this closely and NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER support ANY type of weapons bans EVER!! The AWB was just a foot in the door to total confiscation! In MA, the '98 laws in general have begun confiscation with the suitability standards.

Last edited:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/07/5_former_ags_back_healey_on_new_gun_ban

Author of Article reporting the 5AG's support, he's a Boston Herald Gov't and Politics Reporter. Respectfully give him the other side of the story and help expose these partisan hacks for who they are. Maybe he'll actually write a story, Herald's a better shot than the Glob.

https://twitter.com/MattPStout

It wasn't certified because it didn't carry the weight of law. It was a guidance. She's probably laughing that people fell for it

It wasn't certified because the U.S. Mail is deemed as reliable.

Never heard of anyone getting a certified notice of LTC or drivers license renewal.....that carries the weight of law.

link to the letter?

LAST WEEK, Attorney General Maura Healey issued an Enforcement Notice to provide certainty to Massachusetts gun dealers, gun manufacturers, and residents on how her office will enforce our state’s 18-year-old assault weapons ban and, specifically, to clarify which assault weapons are prohibited as “copies or duplicates” under the law.

Since then, certain people have claimed that the Attorney General, in taking this action, exceeded the authority of her office. We write, as the previous five attorneys general of Massachusetts, to express our full confidence in Attorney General Healey’s actions as constitutional, lawful, and consistent with the duties and responsibilities of her office.

As chief law enforcement officer for the Commonwealth, the attorney general both sets legal policy for the state and enforces our state laws to ensure public safety and wellbeing. In carrying out that significant responsibility, we each were called upon to exercise our judgment and respond with the tools at our disposal to address the challenges of our time.

In the 18 years since the passage of the Massachusetts ban, gun manufacturers have sold tens of thousands of “copycat” assault weapons nearly indistinguishable from the originals. Meanwhile, military-style assault rifles have become the weapon of choice in mass shootings from Newtown and San Bernardino to Aurora and Dallas. Although Massachusetts is fortunate to have some of the strongest gun laws in the country, and lawmakers deeply committed to their improvement, the scale of this crisis demands bold action by law enforcement to keep our residents safe.
In the aftermath of the Orlando shooting that left 49 people dead and a country in mourning, the attorney general has acted within her authority to stop the sale of illegal assault weapons in Massachusetts and give our residents the full protection of our laws. She is not exceeding her authority — she is exercising it. And she has our thanks.

Francis Bellotti, James Shannon, Scott Harshbarger, Tom Reilly, and Martha Coakley are the five previous attorneys general of Massachusetts.

http://commonwealthmagazine.org/opinion/5-ags-back-healey-on-gun-directive/

I finally received a letter from "[FONT=&quot]Constituent Services Aide"[/FONT] to Baker. This is after 4 letters I wrote in last week:
[FONT=&quot]On behalf of Governor Charlie Baker, thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the ban on assault weapons. We understand your concern about this issue, and we are grateful to have your voice as part of the discussion.
Please feel free to contact our office in the future with any further questions or concerns; your comments are always welcome in this administration.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Sincerely,

Constituent Services Aide
Office of Governor Charlie Baker
(617) 725-4005
www.mass.gov/governor/contact[/FONT]

Did they just incriminate themselves for allowing the illegal purchase of these guns......

^this

So the previous AGs support Healey, which means they do not support what they did for 22 years. It also means that they knowingly allowed the sale of thousands upon thousands of so called "assault weapons" by their idiotic definitions. Again the depths of their hypocrisy are beyond comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom