Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced this move by Healy is a tactile one. She is smart and knows this will get turned over, but it is high profile now and when overturned the pressure on Dileo will be tremendous to come out with a legislative ban proposal. One step at a time. And we must meet each step with a vigorous counterpunch.

tac·tile
ˈtaktl,ˈtakˌtīl/
adjective
adjective: tactile

of or connected with the sense of touch.
"vocal and visual signals become less important as tactile signals intensify"
perceptible by touch or apparently so; tangible.
"she had a distinct, almost tactile memory"
designed to be perceived by touch.
"tactile exhibitions help blind people enjoy the magic of sculpture"

tac·ti·cal

ˈtaktək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: tactical

of, relating to, or constituting actions carefully planned to gain a specific military end.
"as a tactical officer in the field he had no equal"
(of bombing or weapons) done or for use in immediate support of military or naval operations.
(of a person or their actions) showing adroit planning; aiming at an end beyond the immediate action.
"in a tactical retreat, she moved into a hotel with her daughters"
synonyms: calculated, planned, strategic; More

Not to be the spelling bitch - but when you're dealing with an issue like this - which involves lawyers screwing you over with the meanings of words - you need to spend just a little bit more time figuring out the English language. Because if you don't you're just going to come across as a moron and any argument you make is going to completely disregarded.

The more this sinks in, the sicker I feel about it.

I wonder how Massachusetts LEOs feel, knowing they are now one capricious decision away from being King George's men.

I think someone could take the language and form of the AGs letters from Wednesday, reference the fact the the MA statute for homicide doesn't except abortion, and send enforcement notices to every planned parenthood in the state.

If this whole thing stands - that is an avenue of attack that needs to be pursued.

Nothing should be off the table.

The Hail Mary: Embrace this Healey interpretation, then argue it violates Heller by excluding a very broad category of guns in common use. Get the whole Mass AWB knocked out.

Probably a loser without the right court.

We need to stop using "law" when related to this issue.
It is not a "law". It is the AG's interpretation of the current law.
The AG CANNOT make LAWS!!!!!

I still think the problem is "the law".

If "the law" can be interpreted one way for 22 years by tens of millions of people - and then suddenly interpreted another way entirely - then the "law" is faulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely could. This sets a REALLY bad precedence.

Bad for who? I think if we go down we pull people down with us.

Pandora's Box has been opened. I say release the Kracken.

No. The second part quantifies items not listed in the first part.

Since day 1 of this law the 1st section prohibited the guns named in it. The 2nd part is an "in addition to the guns named, any other gun that has..."

I own an LWRC IPC. It's not an AR15 so it's not covered by the first part. It doesn't have more than 2 evil features so it's not prohibited by the second part either.

Now Moar is claiming that as my rifle has parts in common with an AR15 (and my gun is NOT an AR, it's a piston rifle but it has about 80% commonality in parts with an AR) that it's covered by the first part prohibition on AR15s. Even though it's not an AR, her interpretation of the law magicially makes it something it isn't. Here's where the fun starts: how much commonality of parts or similarity of function does it take? A Bushmaster X15 has close to 100% commonality. My gun is about 80%. Is that enough? I believe a SCAR can use an AR trigger group. Is that enough? A SCAR uses a similar action to an FN FAL which is prohibited by part 1. Is that enough? An AK uses a similar action as a Garand. Is that enough? Who the **** knows? That's part of the reason people are freaking out. If she really wants to b a **** she can claim this covers all semi autos. I would say that's full retard but she's already proven she's gone there.

What's worse is she's set it up with the Glob and the other anti's so any legislator who opposes this is going to get painted by the Rosenthal crew as pro-Assault Weapons and will lose their Lib card. Which is a big deal in MA.

I've been scared of her since day 1. She's a crafty ****er and she's proved it with this. A statist **** of first order.

That's why things like the abortion not being covered by the murder thing that was previously mentioned is going to have get thrown on the table.

Like I said : release the Kracken.

actually the cat example is probably more credible than ATF or AG rulings. Some cat breeds ARE prohibited to own and they are ... cats. The best way to remove this AG is using her libtard buddies, that would be poetic justice.

Yes - the cat example is a very good one. A housecat is basically a wild cat that decided to live in your house because it's nicer and and an easier life. I've had feral cats before - THEY ARE WILD.

A 10 pound housecat has all the same "features" as an 800 pound tiger , and functions pretty much the exact same way.

Is there an EOPS list for cats?

Yes - the cat example is a very good one. A housecat is basically a wild cat that decided to live in your house because it's nicer and and an easier life. I've had feral cats before - THEY ARE WILD.

A 10 pound housecat has all the same "features" as an 800 pound tiger , and functions pretty much the exact same way.

Is there an EOPS list for cats?

Not ANOTHER cat thread!

237B043D00000578-0-image-8_1416922338617.jpg

Two choices. Burn this bitch down, or belly up and play the politics. ****ing cat comparisons...

Last edited:
In all seriousness, and a good part of a bottle of Bombay Saphire aside, this turns around when the white boys realize they have more in common with BLM than they have with their rulers or the cops who make the rules reality.

If "the law" can be interpreted one way for 22 years by tens of millions of people - and then suddenly interpreted another way entirely - then the "law" is faulty.

I agree.
The quickest way to overturn the everchanging decree by this rogue authoritarian is to grant the same AWB exemption to all LTC license holders that active and retired LEOs were granted in the 2014 laws that were enacted.

And I firmly believe there needs to be a path for the voters to have the ability to recall or impeach any rogue AG, Speaker, or governor to hold them accountable in the future.

What makes you think those are safe from mental case Maura's lunacy? [thinking]

This... a not too expansive reading of her edict, she basically has declared herself able to ban anything at any time from here on out.

And I firmly believe there needs to be a path for the voters to have the ability to recall or impeach any rogue AG, Speaker, or governor to hold them accountable in the future.
Agreed, but in this case it would make no difference.

Remember the Jacques landslide victory after saying something close to "I do not seek, and do not want, gun owners votes".

- - - Updated - - -

The Hail Mary: Embrace this Healey interpretation, then argue it violates Heller by excluding a very broad category of guns in common use. Get the whole Mass AWB knocked out.

Probably a loser without the right court.
The federal courts have ruled against AWB appeals, and SCOTUS had denied cert.

Some of my thoughts for today's rally

Forty seven years ago on July 20th, 1969 the dream of a Massachusetts politician came to fruition as man took his first steps on the moon, an act only possible with abundant freedom secured by our great nation.

Three days ago, also on July 20[SUP]th[/SUP], the dreams of another Massachusetts politician were fulfilled when freedom was dealt a grievous blow when by executive fiat thousands of law abiding citizens were instantly changed to criminal subjects. This was not the act of a great nation but that of single, elitist politician, that she may further her political aspirations on the back of the righteous. An act not of reasoned debate but of treasonous tyranny.

Fellow patriots, I beseech you to let cooler minds prevail while we explore every avenue of peaceful and reasoned resolution. Let no man declare that we did not act as lawful gentlemen and women, for that is the method of our opposition, a method based on disingenuous interpretations that twist the meanings of words held for twenty two years without question. A method that holds the sword of legal persecution over the head of all who would disagree.

Support GOAL and Comm2A with your time and treasures that they may take this grievance to the legislature and our courts so that we are blameless in any outcome. Continue the outcry of calls to the legislature. Barrage their phones and email with such vigor that no business may come before the great and general court but our freedom restored.

I do not ask you to quench the flames of your righteous anger but to bank them into a forge’s flame where it may steel your resolve to pursue the cause to favorable completion. Answer no on in anger, teach those ignorant of our plight with tender words, for each person won to our cause is a loss for our opposition.

Keep up the good fight so that it may be said of us that we did not let the cradle of liberty become also her grave. But against that tragic day patriots keep your eye sharp and your powder dry.

Use this option if you recently moved to Massachusetts and you possess a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun and there is no record of the weapon on file with the Firearms Records Bureau.

or...

Use this option if 3) you possess a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun and there is no record of the weapon on file with the Firearms Records Bureau.

Pose the same question in the Mass Gun Law forum here on NES and you will quickly get six or seven answers, most subtly different from each other and with "something" incorrect and then someone will chime in with the correct and full analysis along with cites of the MGL and sometimes even case law.

The AG has made it glaringly obvious that she is no expert on law. She just makes it up to suit what she *wants* it to be.

In all seriousness, and a good part of a bottle of Bombay Saphire aside, this turns around when the white boys realize they have more in common with BLM than they have with their rulers or the cops who make the rules reality.

I agree but don't think they would treat us with the same kid gloves used for BLM and Occupy.

[iwojima]She pushed, let's push back harder and use the evidence on our side. Let's repeal the entire AWB and the AG compliant handgun list all together and become a free state again where WE THE PEOPLE make our own choices. Rise up or dig our own graves, it's up to us to stop this madness. If we fail we're screwed and several states will soon follow. It will not be an easy task but we can not roll over on this. Fight the good fight in a way they cannot ignor.

I'll see you all on the steps today. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/images/emoticons/030.gif

"I was on the steps of that state house yesterday speaking out against the AG's actions. We're working on legislation now to over turn the AGs decision. I'm going to work hard on this. I'll see you Saturday."

-Marc

Marc Lombardo
State Representative

"

+1

She further proves that our FA10 system is indeed a registration of firearms and not a registration of transfers.

The lies and deceit in this state mixed with this new AG actions are egregious. We are not the free men our forefathers wanted. We are subjects to a corrupt system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mass Coalition of Police is fighting the AWB.

That's what I've been told anyways.

SPAM needs to step up as well.

I'd like to see that publicly. I think having the LE community on our side would be huge. They need to tread carefully though as the Chiefs associations are against us.

So by her rational, shouldn't all pre July 20 illegal immigrants "ok" for now and any after July 20 will be arrested?

- - - Updated - - -

So by her rational, shouldn't all pre July 20 illegal immigrants "ok" for now and any after July 20 will be arrested?

She further proves that our FA10 system is indeed a registration of firearms and not a registration of transfers.

The lies and deceit in this state mixed with this new AG actions are egregious. We are not the free men our forefathers wanted. We are subjects to a corrupt system.

Hopefully this isn't what made you realize this

- - - Updated - - -

Bad for who? I think if we go down we pull people down with us.

Pandora's Box has been opened. I say release the Kracken.

The "law" is and always has been unconstitutional. it's a complete blatant disregard for rights. She, and anyone who agrees with any of it are tyrants

I'd like to see that publicly. I think having the LE community on our side would be huge. They need to tread carefully though as the Chiefs associations are against us.

Something I'll keep in mind next time they come sucking around for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom