Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI if it hasnt been mentioned, Both Bravo company and PSA canceled orders on me today. PSA said not more rifle parts to MA and Bravo said no more products what so ever... Land of the FREE...

This hit me like a punch to the gut. **** PSA... but BCM? Like getting dumped by a 10... via text message.

I emailed BCM on Wednesday afternoon as I was planning on ordering items today. This was the response I received:
The only things restricted for shipment to Massachusetts are standard capacity magazines, rifles and lower receiver groups.

I put my order through this evening, before seeing this, I guess on Monday I'll be getting another email from them cancelling my order.

I would guess (and this is a wild guess, but one I feel might be valid) that dealers will continue to sell the innocuous looking semi-automatics, like 10/22's and Marlin model 60's. Eventually someone on Healey's staff will dig up a picture of a 10/22 in "assault" configuration and she will immediately fire off letters to all state FFL's telling them they will be charged with felonies if they don't knock it off. Then we will be down to bolts, pumps and levers.

Or, Maura's Minions will come and read this thread, read all the posts from people making assumptions and think "HEY, thanks for the great ideas!", and then release another directive that applies to those friendly guns.

PSA has always been a bunch of cry babies that cry mamma every time something remotely scary happens. This isn't the first, second or third etc.. time they've stopped shipping stuff to MA, Why is that even remotely surprising?

Or, Maura's Minions will come and read this thread, read all the posts from people making assumptions and think "HEY, thanks for the great ideas!", and then release another directive that applies to those friendly guns.

That is coming anyway. Maura has to realize that her favorite team she is kicking for will quickly disperse in local Starbucks when time will come for her to explain to angry citizens what made her think that she has an authority to invent laws and scare 400 000 people with prison terms.

NO Range time to LEO would be nice in Andover sportsmans club as they take weeks at a time and we get no discount back on Memberships

Completely agree.

I'm not able to make club meetings due to prior commitments, but if this ever comes to a vote at the club please let me know and I will be there.

Thanks,

MarkT

Then we will be down to bolts, pumps and levers.

Until they decide all the milsurps and derivatives are weapons of war. For example a Lee Enfield is high capacity with a detachable magazine, rapid 'mad minute' fire, a bayonet mount, and capable of launching scary rifle grenades assault weapon! Anything derived from a Mauser is a German genocide machine! Lever actions massacred the native Americans and should be banned!

Until we are down to black powder muskets, without shot since lead is banned as hazardous, but nothing else was 'in common use' during the colonial era.

Tea Party time

attachment.php

throwing shit into the harbor isn't legal, I don't think.

I created a letter using assets from other members:
Good Afternoon Senator -------,

As I’m sure you know by now, our
Attorney General Healy has decreed that the long standing, for 22 years,
interpretation of our states “assault weapon” ban has been incorrect. She has
put forth an unconstitutional ban on the sale and transfer of any firearm that
operates in a similar manner to those which are banned. Her interpretation of
our law, is not only unconstitutional, it puts thousands of Massachusetts
residents at risk of becoming felons as almost all rifles operate in this
manner. Healey explicitly declared all gun owners in the state to be felons,
but that she simply chooses not to prosecute us right now. This is a gross
overreach on Healey's part which obviates the legislature. The previous law was
clear and consumers as well as gun manufacturers have complied, and this is not
what it says.

As a registered voter, I urge you to stand/act against this decree.

Thank you,

I think your missing something here that could help emphasize your point.

I brought this up earlier in the thread (probably many dozens of pages ago at this point).

It's not just the STATE'S interpretation of the assault weapon ban that she is claiming is incorrect. The MA AWB is based DIRECTLY on the prior Federal AWB. In fact I think it was lifted word for word.

What this means is that she is also saying the Federal AWB was NEVER INTERPRETED CORRECTLY. She's saying that all those Federal agencies, all those Federal law enforcement officers, all the AG's across all of the states - and literally tens of millions of people - did not correctly interpret the Federal AWB. Last but not least - she's saying that the people who wrote the damn Federal AWB didn't interpret their own bill correctly - because I don't remember any of them ever bringing up this interpretation.

As somebody said earlier in this thread : Bitch please..............

I'm emphasizing this because at this point in time if we are going to make a point - we need to drive the damn thing home with a sledgehammer.

I think your missing something here that could help emphasize your point.

I brought this up earlier in the thread (probably many dozens of pages ago at this point).

It's not just the STATE'S interpretation of the assault weapon ban that she is claiming is incorrect. The MA AWB is based DIRECTLY on the prior Federal AWB. In fact I think it was lifted word for word.

What this means is that she is also saying the Federal AWB was NEVER INTERPRETED CORRECTLY. She's saying that all those Federal agencies, all those Federal law enforcement officers, all the AG's across all of the states - and literally tens of millions of people - did not correctly interpret the Federal AWB. Last but not least - she's saying that the people who wrote the damn Federal AWB didn't interpret their own bill correctly - because I don't remember any of them ever bringing up this interpretation.

As somebody said earlier in this thread : Bitch please..............

I'm emphasizing this because at this point in time if we are going to make a point - we need to drive the damn thing home with a sledgehammer.

I thought about that last night, too. I'm sure Comm2a realizes it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom