Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not "Suck my SCAR"?

My wife picked me up from the train yesterday and I said, "Please take me to my local federally licensed firearms dealer, immediately."

She of course wanted to know if I was serious. She then asked if she had to go in. My response was:

"No, you can stay in the car if you want. Actually...if they happen to have a SCAR Heavy you definitely won't want to be there".

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on whether you're me or my wallet, they didn't have one. :D

Just got off the phone with an aide in Bakers office.
It seems like Charlie is determining which way the wind is blowing before he makes a statement. She told me he's looking at the total number of calls before he issues a statement.
LIGHT THIS SHIT UP boys and girls. 617- 725- 4005

Charlie is a lying **** of a politician. Every time some "Republican" runs for election in Massachusetts everyone thinks "big changes are a comin" . A Mass Republican is just a lying Democrat. I knew he was a liar when he was running and I thought he would be another Scott Brown, who I also knew was bullshitting the Mass constituents.

I hope you guys beat this shit back and get those retards out of office.

Just got this

Thank you for your email. I also just became aware of this yesterday and I agree that the AG is off base in these enforcements. As may you know, in my 20+ years in the Legislature, I have always maintained an A+ rating with GOAL. I fully understand the complexities of our gun laws and will advocate on behalf of all law abiding sportsmen and gun owners.

Thanks again for your email. Please know my office is always open to you.

Sincerely,

Michael J. Rodrigues
STATE SENATOR

Id hit up all the men and women on the Joint committee for pub safety and homeland security. They are generally on our side. Rep Vieira got back to me promptly and personally despite my not being in his district. Hes very much on our side.

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I think the quickest path to turning this around is political. The Mass pols need to see this as a power grab in the AG's office that deserves to be beaten back. In general, nobody in Mass politics really cares about guns. They use the issue to get elected and that's about it. But everyone in government cares about their power and their turf. The opportunity here (maybe) is to craft a new AWB that is clear, doesn't change things much (best we can hope for probably) and clearly grandfathers existing guns (as opposed to the AG's prosecutorial discretion promise to thousands of newly created felons). The legislature can then declare victory for "meaningful" gun control, as opposed to the "risky and speculative" actions by the AG, power can grabbed, and everyone in Mass politics apart from Healy gets to win. So, this all likely boils down to how well she is liked and what open scores there are to settle.

Are you trying to convince flies already sitting on a juicy smelly roadkill that they should consider becoming fruit flies?

State Senator Michael Rodrigues responded to my email in 22 minutes. Keep up the fight boys, we are not alone:

Dear Mr.-------,

Thank you for your email. I also just became aware of this yesterday and I agree that the AG is off base in these enforcements. As may you know, in my 20+ years in the Legislature, I have always maintained an A+ rating with GOAL. I fully understand the complexities of our gun laws and will advocate on behalf of all law abiding sportsmen and gun owners.

Thanks again for your email. Please know my office is always open to you.

Sincerely,

Michael J. Rodrigues
STATE SENATOR

Every time some "Republican" runs for election in Massachusetts everyone thinks "big changes are a comin" .

100% false, imo. Progressives think that the world is coming to an end, and independents and conservatives think this person will be a somewhat more responsible fiduciary in running the state government. Few, if any, voters think that there will be a sea change in state politics.

I sent this off to my reps after some productive phone calls. It was from the heart. I hope they are listening. I dont like the alternative.

Dear Senator Bruce Tarr,

My name is __________ and I am a citizen of Massachusetts currently residing in _______________.

Today, I had the opportunity to call into your office and speak to one of your aids regarding the Attorney General's decision to broaden the Massachusetts Assault Weapons ban. Let me start off by saying, and while I feel truly guilty for not catching his name, that your aid was professional, engaging, and represented your office with the utmost respect If you are to be judged by the quality of the people beneath you, then you are doing most excellent work.I felt like he was actually listening and well educated on the subject. I felt like I was speaking to someone that represented me. That young man represented your office EXTREMELY well.

The reason I am writing to you is because I am scared. I grew up in Massachusetts. My father was a Police officer for 32 years. My uncle was a Sargent in the Massachusetts State Police.I went to Northeastern University. My fiancee and I bought in __________ to start a life together. Massachusetts is literally the only home that I have ever known. And I am scared that I am going to have to leave. Im scared that yesterday with Mrs. Healey's press conference, I became a felon in this state. My best friends, Firefighters in local city fire departments, decorated marines, local business owners, all became felons in the eyes of the law for enjoying a sport we all grew up with.

We are not felons. We have all lived our lives as upstanding citizens who follow the (many) laws of this state to the best of our ability so that we can enjoy our lives here. Massachusetts, as I am sure you know, has not made that easy.

I implore you. I beg you. Go to bat for us on this. I know gun owner's rights is not a sexy issue. I know its not popular in this state and especially unpopular at this time in our country's history. But we have co-existed with the laws that were written for 18 years. Gun owners have respected them. In a single day's work, that respect has been broken. We need help. We need representatives like yourself to fight for us. I hope we can continue to count on your support.

Thank you for your time

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with an aide in Bakers office.
It seems like Charlie is determining which way the wind is blowing before he makes a statement.
She told me he's looking at the total number of calls before he issues a statement.
LIGHT THIS SHIT UP boys and girls. 617- 725- 4005

He issued a statement today at noon. He said Healey has the authority and jurisdiction and he supports her efforts to enforce the AWB.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=81865999101775298383

would he have any authority or influence in asking that we begin drafting the ability for the citizens to recall elected officials?
If so, that's a reason to call.

Your efforts are better spent on people who will listen or even have any ability to effect a positive outcome from this. He is on the record as saying "**** you" to the Constitution BOR.

Just a technical question but would something like the Tavor be affected by this? I don't own one or anything, just trying to wrap my head around this nightmare.

Just a technical question but would something like the Tavor be affected by this? I don't own one or anything, just trying to wrap my head around this nightmare.

That depends. Does it fail the "similarity test" because it has a gas operated rotating bolt and uses STANAG magazines?

Suprised no new updates have been released today regarding clearing up what exactly this c*nt is prohibiting.

Also suprised we haven't heard a statement from companies like S&W who were the primary sellers of AR15s in MA (unless I missed it). You'd think they'd be quick to condemn this publicly.

Your efforts are better spent on people who will listen or even have any ability to effect a positive outcome from this. He is on the record as saying "**** you" to the Constitution BOR.

we have two (or more) fronts to fight.
if they knew they could get bounced, they might act differently.
regardless, we should have that ability if needed

Suprised no new updates have been released today regarding clearing up what exactly this c*nt's is prohibiting.

Also suprised we haven't heard a statement from companies like S&W who were the primary sellers of AR15s in MA (unless I missed it). You'd think they'd be quick to condemn this publicly.

I would like to see them speak up as well, like magpul and other did in CO.

Suprised no new updates have been released today regarding clearing up what exactly this c*nt is prohibiting.

^^ This, was about to stop at my LGS and see if they've heard anything/see how they are proceeding.

Well, the S&W website under State Compliant M&P Rifles currently only shows CA Compliant and MD Compliant. I assume that before yesterday there was a MA Compliant section there.

Actions speak louder than press releases?

Just a thought. Not likely this will be resolved with courts. By that time I would guess most of the gun shops will be closed. Should this then be repealed, I would doubt if anyone would want to get in this business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom