HBO's "Gun Fight"

One of my wife's managers just handed this to her to watch on DVD. I quickly told her what it was, and handed her a well-shot target to give back to him and let him know that that is all the gun control she needs.

I learned that the fine denizens of the hood in Philly refer to their firearms as "Jawns", so I guess I got something from the show.

Did anybody catch when the kid who was shot at VT who nows works for Brady use the term "clips" for magazines?

Of course he does, he's had lots of coaching from the VPC/Brady crowd. They glom onto victims like chiuauas on a porkchop. They know how to cajole and manipulate victims. One of these days one of the victims is going to be someone who was disarmed by a bad gun law.... I really hope the brady/VPC flack gets told to go f**k themselves and someone catches it on camera.... it will expose those f**ks for the slimy cretins they really are....

-Mike

Of course he does, he's had lots of coaching from the VPC/Brady crowd. They glom onto victims like chiuauas on a porkchop. They know how to cajole and manipulate victims. One of these days one of the victims is going to be someone who was disarmed by a bad gun law.... I really hope the brady/VPC flack gets told to go f**k themselves and someone catches it on camera.... it will expose those f**ks for the slimy cretins they really are....

-Mike

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/127294-once-again-criminals-dont-care-about-laws

Not sure if the VPC asshats even tried with this one.

Debating the idea of "gun control" with someone who favors it puts the pro-freedom side at a loss, as you must accept a false premise and surrender half your position to even take up the debate. The false premise is that Constitutionally protected, natural rights are subject to debate and can be declared null and void at a whim based on something so fleeting as man-made "democracy".

Sad.

It's equivalent to engaging in a debate about whether a man actually has a right to life.

-Mike

Even though on a an emotional level I would love to see that happen too, it would do nothing but paint us even more as uneducated, toothless hicks that the anti crowd already views us as. I frequently find myself cringing when pro-gun activists are highlighted in the media because that is exactly what they show as either fat middle-aged men, or toothless hicks that can't form a cohesive sentence. Unfortunately this paints us all in this light, and I find myself rolling my eyes as even my own wife (who I'm slowly, but surely moving into acceptance of the merits of gun ownership) points to this stuff on tv, and says "See, that's the crowd you choose to align yourself with - right?"[rolleyes]

Even though on a an emotional level I would love to see that happen too, it would do nothing but paint us even more as uneducated, toothless hicks that the anti crowd already views us as. I frequently find myself cringing when pro-gun activists are highlighted in the media because that is exactly what they show as either fat middle-aged men, or toothless hicks that can't form a cohesive sentence. Unfortunately this paints us all in this light, and I find myself rolling my eyes as even my own wife (who I'm slowly, but surely moving into acceptance of the merits of gun ownership) points to this stuff on tv, and says "See, that's the crowd you choose to align yourself with - right?"[rolleyes]

I have to disagree. The victim who lashes out at the Bradys because they were rendered unarmed by gun control would be totally justified in doing so, and would portray the real dangers of gun control - an innocent person was unable to defend themselves. I don't see this painting any of us in a bad light. The only part about it that sucks (aside from the fact that gun control exists) is that there would have to be a victim for it to happen, and for that, I'm happier fighting the issue without that example.

I have to disagree. The victim who lashes out at the Bradys because they were rendered unarmed by gun control would be totally justified in doing so, and would portray the real dangers of gun control - an innocent person was unable to defend themselves. I don't see this painting any of us in a bad light. The only part about it that sucks (aside from the fact that gun control exists) is that there would have to be a victim for it to happen, and for that, I'm happier fighting the issue without that example.

I see what you are saying, but I think you missed the point of what I was saying entirely.

I see what you are saying, but I think you missed the point of what I was saying entirely.

Maybe. I was arguing this sentence (perhaps quoting the whole post made it more confusing):

Even though on a an emotional level I would love to see that happen too, it would do nothing but paint us even more as uneducated, toothless hicks that the anti crowd already views us as.

Where that = innocent victim flipping out on Bradys for being disarmed by gun laws. I don't think that paints us as uneducated, toothless hicks in the slightest. It would paint us as people ready and willing to defend our lives, because we are the first line of defense of our own well-being, and being disarmed by senseless laws causes us to depend on forces that are outside of our control and generally unreliable when time is of the essence. It would be a sad story in the gun owner's favor, not the anti's (for once). Because it would be a sad story, I'm happier not having it available as an example.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post though - that is pretty much how the antis try to portray us, and they have no shortage of footage to back it up. [sad2]

Last edited:

Yup. The media frames the narrative, so we have to be especially cognizant of the ground we're on. That's why I've said in the past, if you're going to go to a pro-2A rally, leave the confederate flag, the camo, the chew and the cowboy hat at home. Take a shower, brush your teeth, look normal. If you look like some ignorant redneck, that's exactly how you'll be portrayed -- remember, they have the final edit. It isn't about who you are, it's about who they'll make you appear to be. And if you can't string two sentences together coherently (and I would include myself here, ain't no good at public speaking), don't try to just because some d-bag puts a mike in your face.

Maybe. I was arguing this sentence (perhaps quoting the whole post made it more confusing):

Where that = innocent victim flipping out on Bradys for being disarmed by gun laws. I don't think that paints us as uneducated, toothless hicks in the slightest. It would paint us as people ready and willing to defend our lives, because we are the first line of defense of our own well-being, and being disarmed by senseless laws causes us to depend on forces that are outside of our control and generally unreliable when time is of the essence. It would be a sad story in the gun owner's favor, not the anti's (for once). Because it would be a sad story, I'm happier not having it available as an example.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post though - that is pretty much how the antis try to portray us, and they have no shortage of footage to back it up. [sad2]

Gotcha. Now we are are on the same page, thanks for clarifying what you meant.[wink]

Yup. The media frames the narrative, so we have to be especially cognizant of the ground we're on. That's why I've said in the past, if you're going to go to a pro-2A rally, leave the confederate flag, the camo, the chew and the cowboy hat at home. Take a shower, brush your teeth, look normal. If you look like some ignorant redneck, that's exactly how you'll be portrayed -- remember, they have the final edit. It isn't about who you are, it's about who they'll make you appear to be. And if you can't string two sentences together coherently (and I would include myself here, ain't no good at public speaking), don't try to just because some d-bag puts a mike in your face.

Exactly!

Guys, this has nothing to do with mall cop commando rednecks, it has to do with a victim telling them go go screw. For once I would like to see a victim lash out at these douchebags.

VPC and Brady's actions lead directly to people being killed and injured as a result of the policy they foist. Then they go and try to exploit people who were killed or injured by their agenda.

Even if the victim goes apolitical- and ignores the "gun law" conversation, they could still expose them as scumbags. All they do is try to exploit other people's tragedies for their own
political gain.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom