Harvard student told to move due to legal firearms, after roommates search her room

Anyone wanna give us a rundown of how that interview went?

As you might imagine, she is a very intelligent, well spoken young lady. What surprised me a little was how very calm and collected she was. I would go so far as to say she seems like a delightful young lady.

Huge shout out to @Cape Gun Works for stepping up to the plate to demonstrate that not all from Mass are Ma**h***s. Very nicely done Cape Gun Works. You are a credit to us all.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, Howie was gushing a little bit. She brought out the goofball in him. I don't know what she is attending Grad school at Harvard for, but she is very sharp. I was also very pleased to hear that several Firearms attorneys have offered to represent her pro bono, should the need arise.
I think these libtards messed with the wrong lady.

Interesting fact about her, she was born and raised in Turkey. I was also impressed that during discussion with her criminal room mates, in an effort to calm their fears and help them understand how firearms work, she offered to take them shooting, to demonstrate she knew what she was doing, and told them they did not have to participate at all if they were uncomfortable.
This was after she was presented a list of conditions to stay that included keeping all ammo in a locked container in the basement, and removing the firing pins from her guns.

Wow. Smart and beautiful. She has a very bright future ahead of her. When she said she was born and raised in Turkey, that is not at all what I expected her to look like.

As you might imagine, she is a very intelligent, well spoken young lady. What surprised me a little was how very calm and collected she was. I would go so far as to say she seems like a delightful young lady.

Huge shout out to @Cape Gun Works for stepping up to the plate to demonstrate that not all from Mass are Ma**h***s. Very nicely done Cape Gun Works. You are a credit to us all.
Spot on. She sounded like a very nice woman. Sounds pretty too. Great interview.

Edit. Brains and the voice didn’t lie.

... her criminal room mates ... presented [her] a list of conditions to stay that included keeping all ammo in a locked container in the basement, and removing the firing pins from her guns.
(Did she say "basement", or did only Howie or Steve claim that?)

There are 6 roommates besides her.
Paging Jacob Riis...

And she's the only student -
the rest work for a living
(for some value of "work").

Did she say "basement", or did only Howie or Steve claim that?)

I do not recall. But it was not disputed. She did say one of her room mates claimed she was nervous because she " shared a wall with the guns, and what if one just went off?" At which point she told the group that they obviously do not understand the mechanics of how a firearm works, and invited them to the range.

She removed her linked in page, but it looked like she was a law student.
We can only hope she's a law student.

My daughter goes to college in Cambridge (not Harvard). Just knowing the demographics of the city and the school I can just imagine the ass-hattery Miss Pirnie will have to put up with from her Harvard professors, fellow students and just about everyone else that lives in that city now that they know she's a gun owner.

$6k/month for an apartment in Boston? 72 thousand dollars a year???? I'm out in the sticks of Western MA, Boston people: is this even remotely possible unless you are living in a palace with servants?

6k/month gets a nice apartment, but I mean clean/spacious/modern "nice", not gold plated faucets and built in fleshlight appliances "nice". Yes, 6k is not remotely unheard of.

6k/month gets a nice apartment, but I mean clean/spacious/modern "nice", not gold plated faucets and built in fleshlight appliances "nice". Yes, 6k is not remotely unheard of.
A lot of these places are not apartments you basically rent a room and if your lucky you don’t have to share a bathroom. My dad lived in a place like that. One room with bathroom and a small counter for a hot plate and microwave. Down stairs was a Full LARGE kitchen for general use. Not a bad place BUT every room was locked . You could not just go into the other rooms

This is my concern. My landlords and my wife and I have a great relationship. We’ve been here 13 years without a rent increase and no lease signed since year 2. We’re free to come and go as we please. It’s symbiotic, in that they’re older and I do household chores to help ensure our rent stays the same. Gutter cleaning, shoveling, maintenance and upkeep of the apartment.

My concern is, now that I am a recent gun owner(they know I was applying an LTC) if they decide they don’t like me owning guns, can they just tell me to leave? Legally am I at their mercy? It’s an inlaw apartment on top of everything. So we share mailing address and they deliver my abnormally heavy TSUSA boxes along with everything else.

Sounds like you have a "tenancy at will", which means they (or you) have the ability to provide the other party with thirty day notice to vacate the premises, with no reason necessary to be given.

Tink lives in Mass. It ISN'T that easy to kick someone out, lease or not.
Unless the landlord is a school in which case they can kick someone out instantly if the school (not the courts) determine the person is a danger. I do not know if this is enshrined in law, or if it is just the courts ignoring tenants rights when it comes to students.

...My concern is, now that I am a recent gun owner(they know I was applying an LTC) if they decide they don’t like me owning guns, can they just tell me to leave?...

Tell them that everyone under the roof you share is under "Your Protection" ...

Tell them that everyone under the roof you share is under "Your Protection" ...

The few people that aren't family, aren't NES'ers and know I have guns are simply told, "I'm not permitted to discuss that." (which is true - I don't permit it!) What they make of that statement, I can only guess.

The few people that aren't family, aren't NES'ers and know I have guns are simply told, "I'm not permitted to discuss that." (which is true - I don't permit it!) What they make of that statement, I can only guess.

I like this method. Do you mind if I adopt it?

I think they know, something. But definitely not much of anything.
TargetSports does a great job of being inconspicuous, but that ORM-D sticker is a must.
They haven’t asked, and I’m not going to tell. I don’t think they’d mind, but given the area I’m in, I’ve gone as far as buying a nondescript rifle bag. Just a rectangular bag with no badging. It might as well be art supplies.

I’m not worried about what other people think. I’m just trying to remain “the grey man”. Even if people were more comfortable with firearms in this area, I’d keep it under wraps. No need to draw attention to yourself for any reason really, especially firearms in good ‘Ol Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom