Harvard Sportsmen's Club

The club was almost empty today. There was 1 car at the indoor range. I shot the rolling block, the 03 and the CZ97 at the 100. I wanted to fireform some brass for the rolling block, see which load the 03 liked best and see where the 97 hit at 100. I did what I wanted to do and it's a good thing because I think it's going to be raining all day tomorrow.

was at 100yds today, attached the plate to chains with new hardware Mark got, upper link on a left chain is still half-ass, roped to the rod for now.
all ranges are covered in 2-3" thick ice sheets. roads are melted ice - i barely got up the hill from 50yds in my p-car. be aware and wear ice cleats if you decide to go, i did not get mine and it was a big mistake. path to 300yds was not passable for me.

100yds will need a work party soon, as all target stands are pretty much totally destroyed. there is only 1 half of a stand left to staple targets to top wood plank, and until snow around melts i do not think we could put new stands there instead of old ones - there are 2 in reserve by the shed.

Last edited:
Any one else having trouble renewing membership on line? I tried last week and again just now. I went from club web site link to 2022 renewal online portal.

select membership, fill out info and cc info, hit the buy bar. All I get is little spinning disk in the blue bar for twenty min and counting.

my internet bar at top says hsc2020-234517.square.site. ( not a typo 2020)

I didn't have any issues. Maybe try another browser? Do you have AdBlock?

Winner winner chicken dinner to Kalash. Next time I got in front of my computer (this morning) I switched to Chrome Browser, and my membership renewal went through like a charm.

Was shooting at Harvard today. Some of my shooting was at the 100 and for those who still think the damage at the 100 is accidental, look at the bullet riddled folding chair. Maybe someone shot the shit out of it by accident.

Was shooting at Harvard today. Some of my shooting was at the 100 and for those who still think the damage at the 100 is accidental, look at the bullet riddled folding chair. Maybe someone shot the shit out of it by accident.
I saw that chair. What's with the G. C. stenciled on the underside of the seat? Jack.

The biggest mess I’ve seen at Harvard is at the machine gun range. It was piled high at the berm where people just shot the crap out of it. It was cleaned up once but the pile came back in pretty short order.

The machinegun range is the worst and the 200/300 is the best. It's probably only because most of the membership isn't qualified to shoot at the 200/300.

Very funny Jack. There is no GC stenciled anywhere on the chair but I looked at it again today and on the back of the backrest it says Harvard Sportsmens Club. I don't know for sure but my guess is that someone took it from the cowboy pits to use as a target.

Last edited:
Very funny Jack. There is no GC stenciled anywhere on the chair but I looked at it again today and on the back of the backrest it says HArvard Sportsmens Club. I don't know for sure but my guess is that someone took it from the cowboy pits to use as a target.
That chair was shot at last year I think.

Back
Top Bottom