Harvard sportsman club

Hey guys! I have been shooting since I was a kid, pistol only about 5 years, I'm 30 years old and looking for a new range. HSC is the range/family I am most interested in joining! I am hoping to find a someone on NES to sponsor me. Please let me know if anyone is available to help. Feel free to call or pm me! Thanks everyone!

Graham
610-417-5248

Graham,

Your best bet is to come to one of the public events at the club and introduce yourself, why you're there etc, most people will not sponsor someone without meeting and shooting with that person. IPSC practice on Wednesday nights at 1730 and the monthly breakfast, next one on SAT MAY 4th are two of the best times to stop in and meet people.

I'm going to stop by to watch practice and hopefully meet some of you guys tonight. Is the practice back outdoors now that weather is nicer?

I'm going to stop by to watch practice and hopefully meet some of you guys tonight. Is the practice back outdoors now that weather is nicer?

Yep! Weather looks especially nice for practice tonight, so turnout should be pretty good.

Yea, it's looking to be a really nice day. Is it fairly obvious where to park, and where the practice occurs?

Go into the main entrance, past the gate (should be open for practice). Follow the driveway a ways until the first side road on the left. Turn there, and in a couple hundred feet you'll come to the action pit area. Park anywhere in that area, you'll find people. I'll be there wearing a Boston Bruins t-shirt, come say hey and I'll give you the tour of the club.

Go into the main entrance, past the gate (should be open for practice). Follow the driveway a ways until the first side road on the left. Turn there, and in a couple hundred feet you'll come to the action pit area. Park anywhere in that area, you'll find people. I'll be there wearing a Boston Bruins t-shirt, come say hey and I'll give you the tour of the club.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Gate is locked. Kind of a long shot, posting here, but maybe someone has a number I can call or something. I'll wait a bit and see if anybody comes by.

Gate is locked. Kind of a long shot, posting here, but maybe someone has a number I can call or something. I'll wait a bit and see if anybody comes by.

I'm an idiot. Wrong gate. Thanks again for the tour. Looks like a great club.

Your best bet is to come to one of the public events at the club and introduce yourself, why you're there etc, most people will not sponsor someone without meeting and shooting with that person. IPSC practice on Wednesday nights at 1730 and the monthly breakfast, next one on SAT MAY 4th are two of the best times to stop in and meet people.
Thanks!! See you may 4th!

Last edited:
Action Pit 6 - Intro. to Black Rifle (Action Shooting Ranges) April 28th 2013 (1:00 pm) April 28th 2013 (5:30 pm)
Is this a memebers only event or ?
Thanks Greg

Action Pit 6 - Intro. to Black Rifle (Action Shooting Ranges) April 28th 2013 (1:00 pm) April 28th 2013 (5:30 pm)
Is this a memebers only event or ?
Thanks Greg

I apologize that we didn't catch this posting in time. This course is for HSC members only and pre-registration is required.

Can someone remind me which ranges allow buckshot vs slugs for 12 gauge?

You can shoot either buckshot or slugs at pretty much any range where rifles are allowed except the 200/300 Yard Range. Either buckshot or slugs would be acceptable at the 25/50 Yard Range, 100 Yard Range, "Flak Alley" Class III Range (left-hand machinegun range), and the 65 Yard Range.

There is a bonus that you can shoot LEAD buckshot at the "Close Quarters" Class III Range (right-hand machinegun range that is restricted to pistol-caliber subguns), but you cannot shoot slugs. The steel targets that are in-place at the Close Quarters Range would be severely damaged by slugs, non-lead buckshot, or anything heavier than pistol-caliber.

You can shoot either buckshot or slugs at pretty much any range where rifles are allowed except the 200/300 Yard Range. Either buckshot or slugs would be acceptable at the 25/50 Yard Range, 100 Yard Range, "Flak Alley" Class III Range (left-hand machinegun range), and the 65 Yard Range.

There is a bonus that you can shoot LEAD buckshot at the "Close Quarters" Class III Range (right-hand machinegun range that is restricted to pistol-caliber subguns), but you cannot shoot slugs. The steel targets that are in-place at the Close Quarters Range would be severely damaged by slugs, non-lead buckshot, or anything heavier than pistol-caliber.
Make sure people are picking up their shells (not directed at you Dan). My son and I spent an hour + on the MG range a couple weekends ago raking up a ton of shotgun shells people have been leaving there.... We stopped by on the way from the 100 to the 300 to see what there was for 223 brass and ended up cleaning up. Guess someone thought Harvard provides a clean up service too! We're good, but not that good.

Speaking of which, what's the brass policy? If it's on the ground, it's yours?

People should be cleaning up their own brass and placing it in the provided brass buckets (or keeping it), but that doesn't always happen. Obviously brass in the brass buckets is up for grabs.

If it's on the ground, you need to be absolutely sure it doesn't belong to someone who just hasn't gotten around to cleaning it up yet. Picking up and keeping someone else's brass is not cool, don't be that guy. If nobody else is on the range, it's safe to assume any brass on the ground has been abandoned.

Just spoke to my sponsor; looking forward to meeting a few of you folks tomorrow night!

Thanks again to mlaboss for sponsoring me. Can't wait for my LTC to come through so I can really put my membership to use.

Hi All. I have a question concerning use of the club by a family member that I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to answer for me. I recently became a member of HSC. My wife would like to use the range, but I'm not always able to accompany her to the club due to commitments at work or projects I want/need to complete around the home. Do the membership rules permit my wife to use the club's facilities without me being present? Also, I realize that family members and guests can accompany a member to the range, but if I want to enroll my wife and kids as associate members, do they need to be sponsored, attend the initiation meeting, etc., or can they simply pay the $15 associate membership fee? Thanks.

Hi All. I have a question concerning use of the club by a family member that I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to answer for me. I recently became a member of HSC. My wife would like to use the range, but I'm not always able to accompany her to the club due to commitments at work or projects I want/need to complete around the home. Do the membership rules permit my wife to use the club's facilities without me being present? Also, I realize that family members and guests can accompany a member to the range, but if I want to enroll my wife and kids as associate members, do they need to be sponsored, attend the initiation meeting, etc., or can they simply pay the $15 associate membership fee? Thanks.

Here are the bylaws: http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/Forum/bylaws2006.pdf

They state that a spouse becomes an associate member upon payment of the dues, (Not exactly specific,) with all rights and privileges of a member. The kids would be junior members.

I know its been covered, but I was hoping to check out the club. I checked the online calendar and it ends in May for events. I believe the other option is the Sunday morning breakfast, but when's the next one?

New to MA but not to shooting. So far HSC seems like the best bet, even if it is 45 minutes away.

I know its been covered, but I was hoping to check out the club. I checked the online calendar and it ends in May for events. I believe the other option is the Sunday morning breakfast, but when's the next one?

New to MA but not to shooting. So far HSC seems like the best bet, even if it is 45 minutes away.

I believe the breakfasts are on vacation until the fall. Public events are IDPA practices on the 1st and 3rd Mondays 5-7pm outdoors and 7:30-10:00pm indoors, and USPSA practices on Wednesdays from 5-7pm. Most matches are also public events as well. I live in Arlington, and it is worth the drive, though it makes it harder to "run to the range" without scheduling it in.

I'll likely be at the IDPA practice this coming Monday, so send me a PM if you can make it then and I can tell you where to meet and I can give you a tour.

I believe the breakfasts are on vacation until the fall. Public events are IDPA practices on the 1st and 3rd Mondays 5-7pm outdoors and 7:30-10:00pm indoors, and USPSA practices on Wednesdays from 5-7pm. Most matches are also public events as well. I live in Arlington, and it is worth the drive, though it makes it harder to "run to the range" without scheduling it in.

I'll likely be at the IDPA practice this coming Monday, so send me a PM if you can make it then and I can tell you where to meet and I can give you a tour.
This, and yes, breakfast is on vacation, next one should be September I think

Back
Top Bottom