• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard sportsman club

Once again 2 morons having breakfast parked in the road to the back forty range. Some people are obviously too stupid to see that they are parked in a road so maybe we need some signs to help them.
Gerry, you have my vote for HSC "parking director: LOL. Jack.

HSC is an amazing club. Great facilities and they keep the place very well maintained. I have been a member there for over 20 years.
Amazing is when they upgraded their front end loader to one with an air conditioned cab. Great people, great facilities, and so well run there is nothing that needs straightening out.

If HSC already has a parking director, maybe he should spend some time at the 7/25/50 yard ranges and tell people not to park there if they're shooting somewhere else.

Amazing is when they upgraded their front end loader to one with an air conditioned cab. Great people, great facilities, and so well run there is nothing that needs straightening out.

I would still love to use the AR500 steel plates I own that are in perfect condition. Not a fan of that rule, nor of the inability to use PCC's and subguns in the action pits.

But those are the only two I can think of at a generally FUDD-free club. I think it helps that we don't have a strong skeet & trap presence.

At the Annual Meeting and Election, I would like for you to vote for: Dan Hurley--President; Aaron Grossman--Vice Pres.; Peter Tierney--Secretary; Matt Pallett--Board of Director; and Jeff Bradbury--Treasurer. 4-7:30 pm--Ballot Box Open; 4-8 pm--Renew if you want to (not necessary to vote); 5:30 pm--free dinner is served; 7 pm--meeting starts; Feb. 20, 2020. So, show up, vote, and leave if you want to. Thanks. Clarence.

I would still love to use the AR500 steel plates I own that are in perfect condition. Not a fan of that rule, nor of the inability to use PCC's and subguns in the action pits.
Can’t you use PCCs in the far pit? The one that’s called the 65-yard range, next to the 300 yard backdrop!

Those must be recent developments. I don't drive around to each pit and check the signs to see if I can shoot there, for obvious reasons, but I will check those pits in the spring.

Any way to shoot my own steel plates? That always seemed like an odd rule.

Hey guys. I’m looking for a club closer to home, and have heard a lot of good things about HSC. Is anyone willing to shoot with a perspective member and possibly be a sponsor? Been an LTC holder for about 5 years, GOAL member, etc. I’d be happy to offer some extra ammo for your time. PM me if you need any more info about me.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I’m looking for a club closer to home, and have heard a lot of good things about HSC. Is anyone willing to shoot with a perspective member and possibly be a sponsor? Been an LTC holder for about 5 years, GOAL member, etc. I’d be happy to offer some extra ammo for your time. PM me if you need any more info about me.
You're not a crazy person, are you?

According to the rules, if you do something stupid, your sponsor may be held accountable. I disagree but this may make finding a sponsor a bit difficult.

You're not a crazy person, are you?
My wife thinks I’m crazy because I sit on the floor instead of the couch. If that’s not what you meant, then the voices in my head can’t think of any other reason I’d be crazy.

According to the rules, if you do something stupid, your sponsor may be held accountable. I disagree but this may make finding a sponsor a bit difficult.
I read that part on the website. If it were me sponsoring someone I’d probably want to meet up with them a couple times before I was comfortable doing it, so I understand doing due diligence.

All these gun clubs need sponsorship apps that are like dating websites. Swipe right if Johhny B. seems legit, swipe left if he looks like an undercover ATF agent.

I watched a Dad and his kids show up to help set up a Steel Challenge match,.. I asked if he was shooting it and he said "No, I just wanted to meet some people, check out the match and look at the club". He found a few people to sponsor him that day.

Back
Top Bottom