Harvard, MA Appleseed April 17-18 2010

so there might not be space for walk-ons.

There is still time to pre-reg. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I preregistered, For some reason i thought it was closed

I even joined the Revolutionary War Veterans Association, what a bargan.

thanks

Last edited:
Can't sell out from pre-regs. We would just find more instructors if the pre-regs showed it. But we can't exactly go find more instructors Saturday morning for a whole bunch of walk-ons. Right now, we have just about exactly how many instructors we'd need for the pre-regs, so there might not be space for walk-ons.

There is still time to pre-reg. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I have only had one person respond to my offer of a gift of two pre-paid days at the Harvard Appleseed - and he wasn't 100% sure he would be able to show up - so the offer is still open.

If somebody wants to attend - free - send me a PM.

Anyone know how many pre-registered? Also, I apologize if I am being dense and just can't "see" it, but what is the starting time for each day?

OK, it is on the registration link. 8:30 am

Last edited:
[party][party][party]

Fred just told me he's coming down.

Yes! That Fred! The Fred that came up with this whole Appleseed thing!

Anyone know how many pre-registered? Also, I apologize if I am being dense and just can't "see" it, but what is the starting time for each day?

OK, it is on the registration link. 8:30 am
Get there EARLIER - 8:30 is the START time, not the "that's when I pull in" time.

Oh, good... now I can get my hands on one of the two guys who started me on this [STRIKE]obsession[/STRIKE] course. Now if we can only lure TheGuy out here, too... [smile]

OK, kidding aside, that is AWESOME news. Fred is a very dynamic speaker. He and TheGuy are, seriously, the ones who lit the Appleseed fire in my belly a few years ago at Hartford. I envy all you new shooters who will be doing your first Appleseed Shoot with Fred. You're in for a treat.

Yes! That Fred! The Fred that came up with this whole Appleseed thing!

How could he resist telling the story of April 19th just a few miles from where it happened? Those of you who get to hear it from him are in for a treat.

Does Harvard have a covered shooting line? At another Appleseed I attended some people brought their own tents for rain coverage. this allowed here?

Never mind should have read the 15th page of this thread. doh.

No covered line and you can bring a popup. Don't expect to put it on the line, though. You can put it back behind the line to huddle under during instruction when we don't need you at your rifles. But we're all going to get wet.

Look at it this way... you WON'T be facing a line of Redcoats with 18" bayonets (like the Lexington Militia), you WON'T be marching through snow in boots with holes on them, leaving bloody footprints in the snow (like George Washington's men) and you WON'T be lying in a foot and a half of crusty snow trying to learn to be a Rifleman (like the 18 shooters who came out to Athol last February... and four of them DID become Riflemen, including a 15 year old boy).

All you have to worry about is a few spring showers. A small price to save America if you ask me. And yes, I'll be right out there on the line with you, along with Crak, Fred, JonJ and a bunch of other instructors and instructors in training. If you guys are willing to learn, we'll be there for you. You guys are why we do it.

Look at it this way... you WON'T be facing a line of Redcoats with 18" bayonets (like the Lexington Militia), you WON'T be marching through snow in boots with holes on them, leaving bloody footprints in the snow (like George Washington's men) and you WON'T be lying in a foot and a half of crusty snow trying to learn to be a Rifleman (like the 18 shooters who came out to Athol last February... and four of them DID become Riflemen, including a 15 year old boy).

All you have to worry about is a few spring showers. A small price to save America if you ask me. And yes, I'll be right out there on the line with you, along with Crak, Fred, JonJ and a bunch of other instructors and instructors in training. If you guys are willing to learn, we'll be there for you. You guys are why we do it.

The rain's just going to make it a better experience. I can't wait.

The rain's just going to make it a better experience. I can't wait.

I absolutely LOVE your attitude.
hug.gif

Well, acording to UPS, an AR sight tool as well as a 1/16 roll punch and a box of 1/16th roll pins is sitting at my house. So I should now be able to sight my LTR in with out haveing to use a straight punch and cursing.

Oh I will be there early. Been waiting for this for months!

Get there EARLIER - 8:30 is the START time, not the "that's when I pull in" time.

Oh, good... now I can get my hands on one of the two guys who started me on this [STRIKE]obsession[/STRIKE] course. Now if we can only lure TheGuy out here, too... [smile]

OK, kidding aside, that is AWESOME news. Fred is a very dynamic speaker. He and TheGuy are, seriously, the ones who lit the Appleseed fire in my belly a few years ago at Hartford. I envy all you new shooters who will be doing your first Appleseed Shoot with Fred. You're in for a treat.

No covered line and you can bring a popup. Don't expect to put it on the line, though. You can put it back behind the line to huddle under during instruction when we don't need you at your rifles. But we're all going to get wet.

Oh, I ain't complaining I just like to be prepared. Believe me, I've shot in worse shit than we're gonna get this weekend!

The lines are up; tomorrow we just have to put the cardboard backers up on the lines. It was spitting a bit but nothing much. Last year Luvtobefree shot her Rifleman score while lying in a river - there was a flow of water about 3-4' wide (during Tropical Storm Whatsitsname). I'm hoping that we're not going to get something like that this weekend...

while lying in a river - there was a flow of water about 3-4' wide (during Tropical Storm Whatsitsname). I'm hoping that we're not going to get something like that this weekend...

Yeah, a little cold and wet ain't bad, but I hate having to come up for air between shots.

When you enter the gate drive down and take the LEFT towards the ACTION PITS - there will be a sign pointing - take note of the sign - the holes are funny shaped and hopefully will look like the right side not the left side when you're done...

When you enter the gate drive down and take the LEFT towards the ACTION PITS - there will be a sign pointing - take note of the sign - the holes are funny shaped and hopefully will look like the right side not the left side when you're done...

You mean the left side, not the right side! [smile]

well i'm on the kitchen table cleaning my gun right now, but the couch is next while i let the barrel soak... so i'm not too far behind you. the tough part will be when i have to get back up to brush the barell[sad]

btw, thanks for the info. I can't wait till tomorrow!

Last edited:
Amazing day today! This was the first Appleseed shoot for my wife, Katie, and I and we enjoyed all of it; we hardly even noticed the rain. Thanks very much to all of the volunteers, especially our instructor, Ross, and our IITs, Alix and Ed. Sadly, we're unable to attend tomorrow, but we'll see you at the next Harvard shoot and we're definitely bringing along some additional newbies.

Back
Top Bottom