Harvard, MA Appleseed April 17-18 2010

Here's the big one... April 19th at Harvard! (ok, well... 17th and 18th... we'll give you the 19th off)

This Appleseed had almost 100 people at it last year and made more Rifleman than any other shoot in the whole country. It was massive. This one will be even better.

Range: Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Address: Littleton County Rd., Harvard, MA

When: April 17-18, 2010

Range Fee: None

Camping available: not on site.

Hotels: Several on rt. 2 and 495. Check your favorite hotel website.

Directions: Take I-495 (in Massachusets) to Route 2 west. Immediately take exit 39. Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Taylor St. Take your first left onto Porter Rd. and follow it to the end. At the end of Porter Rd., turn left onto Whitcomb Ave. (Whitcomb Ave. becomes Littleton County Road). After 1.3 miles, look for a driveway on the left side (small sign, dirt road, easy to miss). If you reach Old Schoolhouse Hill Rd. or Cleaves Hill Rd., you've gone too far.

GPS: N/A

State Laws to be aware of: Your rifle must be locked unloaded in your trunk or other secured container. Handguns may be possessed ONLY with a Massachusetts Class A License To Carry with either "None" or "All Lawful Purposes" for Reason for Issuance. - if you're from out of state, you need a MA non-resident LTC. MA has NO reciprocity with any other state. No "assault weapons" - we still have an AWB that is the same thing as the old Federal AWB. ARs cannot have a flash hider, collapsible stock or a bayonet lug unless they are "pre-ban." High capacity magazines must be pre-ban as well. Non-residents CANNOT purchase ammo in this state. They have to bring it with them... or go to New Hampshire overnight. Check other State Laws.

Misc: What better place to be a Rifleman? A stone's throw from Lexington and Concord. See the re-enactments at dawn. Walk the Old North Bridge by sunset. Eat dinner across the street from Sam Whittemore's position.

We shoot a lot. Bring 1000 rounds+ If you bring less, that's fine, just pace yourself over the weekend. Centerfire and Rimfire welcome. 25M only.

For More Information Contact: crak or Dwarven1 on the RWVA or Northeastshooters.com forums, or email [email protected]

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/532596009

I've been waiting for this post :)

If you've been thinking about attending an Appleseed, do it! It's a blast and you'll learn a ton.

Do you know if Fred is going to be there? How about Nickle?
I'm pretty sure I will be there. I just have to get some other people to join me.

In advance Thank you for all the work everyone puts to make it possible!!

Last edited:
I can't promise any particular instructor will be there except me, but if we blow the doors off the attendance record, it probably won't take too much arm twisting to get Fred and Nickle down again.

Hopefully they don't ship Dwarven1 out to the boonies again.

DC's the place to be on the Monday. [smile]

Last edited:
Cool, I will have myself and same group as last time (still pissed all but one of us got sick that sunday). I will also have another one or two joining us as well, bringing the total including myself hopfuly up to 6.

In as an IIT, and hopefully a bunch of new shooters, including my parents (that should be interesting). I have been telling my work I am taking Friday through Wednesday off since like Thanksgiving. DC is going to be awesome. I can't wait! [smile][mg]

At a shoot that is expected to be this large, is the shooter to instructor ratio similar to what you would find at the other smaller events?

I just picked up tech sights and a sling for my 10/22 and am looking forward to attending an Appleseed this year.

The shoot has several independent bays for the rifle instruction. Most of the bays are actually fairly small for appleseed standards (~10-15 people), and even the largest is average (~30 folks). Each will be run by roughly the same number of instructors that would be at that size appleseed as if the other bays didn't exist. So short answer's yes.

Last edited:
Best to go both days, or is Sunday a repeat of Saturday? I'd do both in a heartbeat, family stuff may make it impossible to do both, only reason I ask.

Very cool!

Just got the green light from the boss! Nothing big scheduled that weekend. I'm so there.

Last edited:
If it's your first Appleseed and you can only do 1 day make it Saturday - Sundays are mostly drills practice and repetition of what you learn on Saturday

After that, Sunday shoots will get you more trigger time

Right now I'm planning to be there both days and I'm plotting and scheming to have several other shooters with me, as well. Maybe this one will be dry.....Also looking into being in Chaplin, CT on 2/26-27.
Does anyone have any thoughts about overnight accommodations near Harvard? Is camping a possibility?

Right now I'm planning to be there both days and I'm plotting and scheming to have several other shooters with me, as well. Maybe this one will be dry.....Also looking into being in Chaplin, CT on 2/26-27.
Does anyone have any thoughts about overnight accommodations near Harvard? Is camping a possibility?

There is a Holiday Inn more or less a stone's throw away in Boxborough (495/111).

There is another in Berlin, maybe 10 miles south on 495 (495/62).

Not sure if there are campgrounds, but google says there is. I can't speak for any of them.

Does anyone know if you need a FID or LTC to attend this? Id like to take my lil sister but she does not have a license. would she be able to borrow one of my rifles and attend?

They're not a repeat. Saturday is an introduction of all the info, and Sunday is a lot of practice that assumes you've been through Saturday.

Bring the wife and kids... they're free. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom