Harvard, MA Appleseed April 17-18 2010

Just registered today. I only have one .22 but would like to bring my wife. Any problem with 2 people sharing a rifle?

Just registered today. I only have one .22 but would like to bring my wife. Any problem with 2 people sharing a rifle?

It is recommended that you find yourself another rifle, whether a loaner or a new one... the course of instruction assumes that everyone has their own rifle, not having one will definitely slow things down for you quite a bit. Besides, its a perfect excuse to buy yourself another .22. Also FYI this location allows centerfire rifles if you would rather spend the $400-500+ on ammo instead of on a .22. You might be able to ask around on the forum, I think some shooters/instructors may have loaners available.

It's not recommended. You'll both end up having a hard time building on the Saturday instruction and the zeros and sling settings won't be the same.

Anyone attend this one from out of area before? I'm coming up from CT since the Hartford event is full and I'm looking for advice on lodging. It looks like the closest camping location which is open is about 40 minutes away. :(

I Have been trying Priceline Bids for lodging. No luck up to $45 in the Leominster-Boxborough area but I scored for $40 in the Billerica-Tewksbury area on the first try. Courtyard Marriot Billerica.

It is recommended that you find yourself another rifle, whether a loaner or a new one... the course of instruction assumes that everyone has their own rifle, not having one will definitely slow things down for you quite a bit. Besides, its a perfect excuse to buy yourself another .22. Also FYI this location allows centerfire rifles if you would rather spend the $400-500+ on ammo instead of on a .22. You might be able to ask around on the forum, I think some shooters/instructors may have loaners available.

Thanks for the advice I will start looking around. In the meantime- Any attendees have an extra .22? [thinking]

Does anyone know if there will be a second fall Appleseed shoot at Harvard? While working out the money last night to register my wife reminded me we have a very must attend function that weekend...... So, looks like I'm gonna have to wait[sad2]

would it be worth it to come if I can only go 1 day? I'm negotiating with the wife......

YES!!!

And why not bring her along? She shoots for free...
devilishangel.gif

(Come here, little girl... wanna learn to be a Rifleman?)

I will have one extra 10/22 if someone needs it.

*** extra rifle spoken for ***

Last edited:
Always one in every crowd...

That one is from years ago. We've been using 13-star ones for a while now.

Can't really fault a guy for being observant though... I mean, there were 12 on there because somebody didn't count them...

I have been informed that my daughter's 21st birthday party is the 17th. Can I change my tickets for another date and location and what should I do to make it happen?

(they already nixed the idea of having the party at the Appleseed...)

I have been informed that my daughter's 21st birthday party is the 17th. Can I change my tickets for another date and location and what should I do to make it happen?

(they already nixed the idea of having the party at the Appleseed...)

Can't understand why; she shoots for free.

One of my friends plans on going but her .22 isn't the greatest. Very old and well used(but neat) Winchester Model 69 bolt action. No sling, one 10 round mag. She is going Saturday only mainly for the formal instruction. She doesn't have the dough to blow on a 10-22 or more mags right now(they are 30 a pop).

I am loaning my other LTR to my other friend, does anyone have some mags that she can borrow for Saturday??

I'm told mags for Winchester Models 69, 57, and 52 will all work.

Thanks!

I have about half a dozen new 10/22 mags (still in the packaging) that I will SELL - I don't loan any more, not since one of them walked away. PM me if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom