Hair Color - yes Gun related.

I was filling out a fingerprint card like I've done many times before. I've always considered and marked down my hair as brown. At my age though I've lost quite a bit.

This time I was given a "bald" option along with brown. Well yeah, but I still have brown hair though I shave it all the way down. Then I got to thinking about all the people who wear wigs and toupees, as well as color their hair...sometimes colors not found in nature.

Ehh, I marked down brown like I have done 1,000,000 times before. They can look at my picture and figure it out if they have to.

Does anybody know someone who has marked down "toupee?" [laugh]

You raise a good question. Actually items such as glasses, hearing aids, scars, tattoos and miscellaneous descriptors can be placed in a remarks section on the back of the state cards (both criminal and applicant). This includes toupees. Having processed literally thousands of fingerprint cards for firearms license applicants from 1999 to 2005, I cannot ever recall seeing anyone mark toupee in the hair color block.

The remarks section is frequently ignored or overlooked by the person taking the prints. Criminal Cards (the black as opposed to blue ones for applicants) are frequently filled out with more detail, although that varies from police department to police department.

Mark L.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom