Hackers....tried to steal my account.

Notification that someone attempted to log onto my account

Thanks for the heads up, the ip address originated out of thè ukraine. Guess no one is safe.

This is tied to the rash of spam PMs that we're seeing.

Hackers look for seemingly inactive accounts and try obvious passwords like "password". Every once in a while they get lucky and hack into an account, and then a few hundred of you get PMs telling you to "Click HERE to get Free Vi4gr4!".

I just got this too:

Someone has tried to log into your account on Northeastshooters.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.138.9.49

That IP address it out of Germany. Anyway, just changed my password to something more secure.

Looks like i got one also

Someone has tried to log into your account on Northeastshooters.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 204.85.191.30

All the best,
Northeastshooters.com Forums

They might be probing our defenses before mounting a more sophisticated attack!

Most likely just spammers looking for legit accounts to hijack. Use a good password and you'll be fine, it's pretty much impossible to brute force a good password 5 tries at a time. They'd have to get REAL lucky or your password would have to be "password."

Most likely just spammers looking for legit accounts to hijack. Use a good password and you'll be fine, it's pretty much impossible to brute force a good password 5 tries at a time. They'd have to get REAL lucky or your password would have to be "password."

Why the F would you post my password! Jerk!
Now I have to change it to password1

NES Hack Attempt

Got an email this morning that someone tried to login into my account -

Dear MA_Shooter,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 171.25.193.20

All the best,

Anyone else get a similar email? First time this has happened to me.

Geolocation data from IP2Location (Product: DB4 updated on 6/29/2015)
IP Address Country Region City ISP
171.25.193.20 Sweden Stockholms Lan Stockholm Foreningen For Digitala Fri- Och Rattigheter

Same here,
Dear Chevy 2 65,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 199.87.154.255

All the best,

YOUR INFORMATION:
IP Address:199.87.154.255
Node Hostname:tor.les.net
Numeric Address:3344407295
ca.gif
State or Province:Manitoba (MB)
City:Winnipeg
Zip / Postal Code:r3c4c6
Latitude:49.8833
Longitude:-97.1667
ISP:LES.NET

Lots of reasons come to mind. None of which I care to share with Mini Marsha.
My first thought as well...
Nothing would surprise, nor shock me since I live in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts, USO (United States of Obamica).

If it hasn't happened to someone yet (like me, thankfully)?

Replace your avatar with a confederate flag, wait a couple days, then ask NES if your account has had any attempted hacks....

+1

Last edited:
guys before you strap on your foil armor--anyone who wanted to get into a vbulletin message board would already be in.

it's all robots trying either a brute force or a dictionary attack on forum members, if you have an easy password, it gets in and shits up the board or sends out spam PMs.

extremely standard stuff for forums, also there have been piles of threads over in the tech support section for weeks.

guys before you strap on your foil armor--anyone who wanted to get into a vbulletin message board would already be in.

it's all robots trying either a brute force or a dictionary attack on forum members, if you have an easy password, it gets in and shits up the board or sends out spam PMs.

extremely standard stuff for forums, also there have been piles of threads over in the tech support section for weeks.

You mean it's not the NSA? Bummer!!!

That's why we need secure logins....

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner instead of Tapatalk.

Back
Top Bottom