• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hackers....tried to steal my account.

I have a crazy large password now.

I know I'll forget it so I didn't bother writing it down.

I can always reset my password through my email account.

That has a great password also and has 2 Step Verification.

I received the same message today. The IP was 109.163.234.9 which shows up as being on the TOR network.

Guys there's really no need to post these, they're already logged. Just set a strong password and you'll be fine.

Hackers Attempted to Sign On to My Account - Any Action Necessary?

I just got three emails from NES telling me that two different IPs tried to logon to my account. There were five tries noted per email.

I checked WhoIs and one IP is in France the other in the Netherlands.

One, is there anything I have to do about this for NES? I figure if they sent me the emails then the NES IT group knows about this.

Two, have hackers taken over accounts? What if they post material under my account name? Has this ever happened?

Thanks and good luck.

No, all I have is the IP.

- - - Updated - - -

After I posted I checked the Tech Support forum and found other threads which cover this. Apologies for the duplicate post my only excuse is I hadn't had my second cup of coffee!

Just change your password. It's been discussed here.
*sorry, posted at the same time. Looks like you solved your issue.

Last edited:
Something distributed must've come alive this morning: I'm seeing attempts here to get at a couple of my servers, and WordFence has been busy sending me warnings about attempts on a couple of WordPress sites I tend.

thermite charge on top of your hard disk. the team of l33t h4xx00rs knows everything there is to know about you now, including what's in that one folder in your documents directory.

email from NES that someone failed 5 times attempting to login

Just received this email this morning. No friends, family, or enemies (lol) know I am registered here. Nor would anyone be able to guess my password.

Just thought I'd share this for the mods.

Dear Heckhole,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Northeastshooters.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 37.187.129.166

All the best,
Northeastshooters.com Forums

need more information

Please post the URL, your username, and password, and further assistance will be forthcoming.

we WILL do the needful....

Thank you,

Your INternet Security Team.

Anyone else have this issue?
IP address: 5.9.36.66
IP address: 94.242.246.23

If you make a crazy long and secure PW you'll be as protected from this.

Short of a hacker actually infiltrating the innards.

Not sure why hackers are targeting individual NES members.

Seems like a lot of work just to send out some spam.

Could there be evil intentions?

If you make a crazy long and secure PW you'll be as protected from this.

Short of a hacker actually infiltrating the innards.

Not sure why hackers are targeting individual NES members.

Seems like a lot of work just to send out some spam.

Could there be evil intentions?

A botnet must've come to life earlier this week. I've been getting scads of security warnings from my gear. It was worse yesterday than today, tho.

A botnet must've come to life earlier this week. I've been getting scads of security warnings from my gear. It was worse yesterday than today, tho.

Well that explains a lot. Lately I have been getting about 100 pieces of spam a day!!! On my email I mean. Most of it ends up in the bulk folder.

Please explain what that is as I have no idea what means.

Short answer... it's an anonymizing network of relays designed to conceal the true IP of a user accessing the Internet.

An exit node is the last relay in the chain and is the IP the target sees.

The alerts/IP's you're seeing are actually originating from Brazil and Luxemburg, but the actual sender could be anywhere in the world...

https://www.eff.org/torchallenge/what-is-tor.html

https://www.torproject.org/

ZlHBCv5.png

Last edited:
No one got in but got got the alerts from NES.
One is from Brazil the is Luxembourg.

Maybe one of your Brazilian relatives are royalty from Luxembourg. Let them deposit a 10 million dollar check into your account and you should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Any time i use TOR i always check what exit nodes they assign and it seems like France and Japan show up alot.

Short answer... it's an anonymizing network of relays designed to conceal the true IP of a user accessing the Internet.

An exit node is the last relay in the chain and is the IP the target sees.

The alerts/IP's you're seeing are actually originating from Brazil and Luxemburg, but the actual sender could be anywhere in the world...

https://www.eff.org/torchallenge/what-is-tor.html

https://www.torproject.org/

ZlHBCv5.png
I understand now thank you. Just like in the movies. Next question is who and why? Am I an enemy of the state?

Maybe one of your Brazilian relatives are royalty from Luxembourg. Let them deposit a 10 million dollar check into your account and you should be fine.
Nice try but I doubt it! LOL

Back
Top Bottom