• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hackers....tried to steal my account.

if we could add a blood dna test prick every time we long on here, this sort of thing would be stopped dead in its tracks!

I just stay signed in... that way I can hit the "new posts" button and see what has been posted since I was here last. Why would anyone sign in and off every time they visit?

I just stay signed in... that way I can hit the "new posts" button and see what has been posted since I was here last. Why would anyone sign in and off every time they visit?

You are just asking for trouble doing that..They will know that you arent logging in each time, and then they will log it in each time you dont log in.

Got this same email a few days ago. Logged in, checked my post history to see if any spam crap got posted, changed password and moved on. Figured it was a spammer of sorts.

Happened to me when I changed my password and then didn't re-login on my phone, so tapatalk tried to log in a bunch of times with the wrong password.

That type of thing happens all the time. When I had a game server hosting company, we would have all kinds of rainbow attacks hitting the game servers. It's especially true with SSH logons. It isn't something personal, trust me.

Never get personal with a hacker (although this technically isn't hacking at all) ...they have all the time in the world to wreak havok while they're in their bathrobe in their mom's basement.

You have their IP, attack them.

Note: they were probably jumping around from 1 or more machines, so you might hack the wrong person. Still...hack them back.

Yeah, if you think, 'hacking back' is going to solve the issue.....

To the OP, just change your password to something that's complex and ignore it.

Warning people trying to steal accounts

I just got an email that someone with an IP address from San Jose, California just tried to log into my account at least 5 consecutive times before being locked out. Just a heads up guys, I don't know why anyone would want my account on here, but it just happened.

I just got an email that someone with an IP address from San Jose, California just tried to log into my account at least 5 consecutive times before being locked out. Just a heads up guys, I don't know why anyone would want my account on here, but it just happened.

Those poor bastards in CA have such a boner for the 2A rights we enjoy in MA, that they'll try anything.....

Nah...it was me.

I VPN'd to my office out there and was trying to hack your account and change your avatar to something with a rainbow in it! [rofl2] [rofl]

When you did a WHOIS on the IP, did it come back as a generic pool address from a carrier or was it tied to a company of some sort.

You can report the abuse to the owner of the IP block via email. The WHOIS should have a link for reporting abuse. Just report the incident and times of the attempts. About all you can do really.

Good luck and be glad you had a decent passoword.

It has been going on for a while. They usually look for dormant accounts and try the obvious words like "password" to get in. Once they're in, they start posting spam ads.

We've seen more than a few.

just got the notification, for an attempt on another gun forum :

Dear hikerlt,

Someone has tried to log into your account on The AK Files Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 109.163.234.2

All the best,
The AK Files Forums

My forum runner app opened to a thread that I have not viewed in a long time. I think somebody logged in by guessing my password and was poking around.

My forum runner app opened to a thread that I have not viewed in a long time. I think somebody logged in by guessing my password and was poking around.

Maybe it's time you change your password from 12345 to something a little more complex.

a6b018255b32a09e2be317dffb1ab250.jpg

There are robots scanning for open ports and attempting logins all the time. The IP means nothing and you dont need to use tor to spoof an IP. With the right software you can replicate any IP you want.
People are generally stupid with their passwords, type of car, kids name, favorite gun etc.

Back
Top Bottom