• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gym carry?

I believe a sling bag is the best way to carry in the gym, either around the waist or chest. Do any of you have experience with a tac sling bag? Are there any that will comfortably and reliably accommodate a full-size .45?
Get real, if you want to be part of the NES stud club you have to carry your 1911 in the gym like we all do, prison wallet style.

I know a guy at my gym who keeps his gun right in his gym bag and it follows him around to every station

I personally don't carry while working out but in my opinion if you can keep your bag with you that would be the better option

That's what I do, keep it in my backpack that's with me when I'm working out.
That sounds like a problem waiting to happen. I don't go to the gym (bet you could never tell by looking at me), but when I cannot have my gun physically on me it is in a lock box in my car or in a courthouse weapons locker. If it is with me, it is on me.

That sounds like a problem waiting to happen. I don't go to the gym (bet you could never tell by looking at me), but when I cannot have my gun physically on me it is in a lock box in my car or in a courthouse weapons locker. If it is with me, it is on me.

I'm not the least bit worried about it, my backpack is always within reach and under my direct control when I'm working out, but you do you.

I knew this thread sounded slightly familiar. [laugh]

View attachment 227582 View attachment 227578 View attachment 227579 View attachment 227580

I just keep a small bookbag type pack with me, very non discript, has a hidden holster in it. Holds spare mags, a couple water bottles, small towel, extra T-shirt, some first aid, tourniquet etc. Been using it for over a year now and no ones ever looked at it cross eyed.

I don’t use the gym showers or lockers so it stays right at my feet while I’m working out. Too many cars and lockers have been targeted by thieves at gyms, I wouldn’t leave my heater in a vehicle or locker for that reason. Even if I open the bag completely you’d never see the hidden pocket with a pistol in it. Have seen several people that bring these types of bags in to carry personal items so really it fits in well and never have to worry about it falling out of a body holster or being seen under a shirt/shorts.

Keep it simple and act like you belong there, most people are completely oblivious to their surroundings anyway.

This. Most of the stuff in my bag is workout stuff: Boxing gloves, resistance bands, jump rope, ankle straps for cable machines, etc. I keep my wallet, keys and EDC in a side pocket. Backpack never leaves my reach when I'm working out. When I do sauna/shower it goes into a locker w/ a lock on it. It's an upscale fitness/pool/tennis club, I could leave my phone & wallet on a bench in the lockerroom, go work out, and they would still be there when I got back. One of the guys that works the front desk is an FFL but othewise I imagine the good club members would probably wet their pants if they knew.

When is OP getting his LTC?

Worried about how to gym carry maybe a little too early in the process I’d say.

Back
Top Bottom