Guns I Wish I Had Kept....

I'm not an AK guy or close to it, but I bought and sold a brand new in box, Norinco, AK 47 Bullpup. Most people have never heard of it and only a handful of people have ever seen one. Back in the late 80's, the Norinco importer was in Worcester. He got in two, with the promise of more, so he sold both to a local gun shop and I grabbed one for my now X. More bullpups never happened and the distributor went to jail for some reason. The X didn't like it, so I traded it. I paid $400 for it. I'm told because it's so rare that it's worth $6000. now.

The Winchester M1917 I sold a few months ago...I should have just put a damn barrel on it. The trigger was probably the best I've ever felt on a milsurp.

Didn't we have this discussion a few months ago? You were agonizing over whether to buy a parts kit, I think a 1919 and made the comment about regretting not building one a while back when they were affordable. I'm sure I added "and don't ever sell anything". (except to me)

Not a single one actually. If I can't stand them I don't keep them. I try to buy good stuff so I don't need to sell.

Totally irrational...but I regret selling (i think I may have traded it for something) my Beretta 950 pop top .25 mouse gun.

I still own the first handgun (686) and Rifle (10/22) that I ever bought.

Daewoo K2 folder in 5.56. Loved that little preban...

wm_2156514.jpg

When I sold it, I never thought we would be anywhere near where we are today in regards to crippling Our Gun Rights.

A lesson I will never forget and buy accordingly...
I did the same. Great firearm and I wish I still had it but need some cash at the time.

A Blued 4" Colt Python I bought brand new in 1985 for $420.
A Sig P228 I bought new in 1994 and never fired.

I did the same. Great firearm and I wish I still had it but need some cash at the time.

Yep. I traded mine for a NIB Glock 23 plus cash. Today it would go the other way with the Daewoo worth twice as much as the G23.
I carry the pistol religiously though, as it has become an extension of my arm and wouldn't know what to do without it.

I :emoji_heart:.40

The pig I carried in the army. I doubt they'd have let me keep it.

I wallowed with the pig myself. Never felt under gunned.
Would love to have one for a roof gun...

Sig 220. I have swapped a lot of guns, but for some reason the sig 220 sticks out as one that I wish I had kept. Oh, and the Ruger AR15 that I practically gave away right before Maura's edict. Doh!

CMP National Postal Meter and Rockola m1 carbines. What was I thinking?

CMP M1 Garand (I hadn't shot it for 5 years, figured someone who would actually use it deserved a whack at it, and decided to go
for m1a .308 instead)

A Ruger, Sig, and S&W 1911 and a P226. I ended up buying a couple Springfield Armory and S&W and another P226 to replace them. smart :-(

Browning Buck Mark pistol, ended up buying another

1906 Winchester gallery gun

Bushmaster A2 bull barrel AR15

Browning Semi Auto 22. Ended up buying three more to replace it

Sig 556 piston rifle. Note: it is still legal to buy one in MA from a dealer, as it is not part-compatible with an AR15. However, its hard to find parts for.

Ones that I sold and do not really miss:
Hi Point 45 carbine
S&W target 22LR
30-30 winchester 1892 (very light rifle, recoil was pretty hard)
9mm Ruger carbine. Never figured out why I thought I wanted a 9mm carbine in the first place
Keltec 2000 9mm carbine. same

About 1980, my first big bore semi was an AMT Longslide with a pretty good trigger. It came with a Colt upper assembly fitted to it that had a Bomar rib as well.
Perfect pin and bullseye combo. I didn't shoot it all that well, so I let it go. Would love to have it back now that I know what I'm doing....

Back
Top Bottom